Author Topic: Israel Should Shut Down Christ Church  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Israel Should Shut Down Christ Church
« on: February 14, 2020, 01:39:39 AM »
Christ Church is a missionary church opened in the 1800's with the goal of converting Jews. It uses a Magen David and Hebrew on its signs. It pretends to be a legitimate house of worship in a highly visible place in the main entrance to the Old City.

Tovia Singer Exposes Them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xf6efSw8vw

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Israel Should Shut Down Christ Church
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 08:23:20 AM »
It doesn't surprise me that they use Jeremiah on the church. Jeremiah 31 seems like an open violation of the fundamental principle that the Torah is eternal and immutable.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 03:45:42 AM by Hrvatski Noahid »
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 09:22:26 AM »
Um that's the prophesy for the return to Israel. If you mean the new covenant, that we have Jews for Judaism to help explain.
https://www.aish.com/atr/Jeremiah-31-and-the-New-Covenant.html

1So says the Lord: In the wilderness, the people who had escaped the sword found favor; He [therefore] went to give Israel their resting place.         אכֹּה אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֔ה מָצָ֥א חֵן֙ בַּמִּדְבָּ֔ר עַ֖ם שְׂרִ֣ידֵי חָ֑רֶב הָל֥וֹךְ לְהַרְגִּיע֖וֹ יִשְׂרָאֵֽל:
2From long ago, the Lord appeared to me; With everlasting love have I loved you; therefore have I drawn you to Me with loving-kindness.         במֵרָח֕וֹק יְהֹוָ֖ה נִרְאָ֣ה לִ֑י וְאַֽהֲבַ֚ת עוֹלָם֙ אֲהַבְתִּ֔יךְ עַל־כֵּ֖ן מְשַׁכְתִּ֥יךְ חָֽסֶד:
3Yet again will I rebuild you, then you shall be built, O virgin of Israel; yet again shall you be adorned with your tambourines, and you shall go out with the dances of those who make merry.         גע֚וֹד אֶבְנֵךְ֙ וְֽנִבְנֵ֔ית בְּתוּלַ֖ת יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל עוֹד תַּעְדִּ֣י תֻפַּ֔יִךְ וְיָצָ֖את בִּמְח֥וֹל מְשַֽׂחֲקִֽים:
4Yet again shall you plant vineyards on the mountains of Samaria, indeed planters shall plant [them] and redeem [them].         דעוֹד תִּטְּעִ֣י כְרָמִ֔ים בְּהָרֵ֖י שֹֽׁמְר֑וֹן נָטְע֥וּ נֹטְעִ֖ים וְחִלֵּֽלוּ:
5For there is a day, the watchers shall call on the mountains of Ephraim; Rise! Let us go up to Zion, to the Lord, our God.         הכִּ֣י יֶשׁ־י֔וֹם קָֽרְא֥וּ נֹֽצְרִ֖ים בְּהַ֣ר אֶפְרָ֑יִם קוּמוּ וְנַֽעֲלֶ֣ה צִיּ֔וֹן אֶל־יְהֹוָ֖ה אֱלֹהֵֽינוּ:
6For so says the Lord to Jacob, "Sing [with] joy and shout at the head of the nations, make it heard, praise, and say, 'O Lord, help Your people, the remnant of Israel!' "         וכִּי־כֹ֣ה | אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֗ה רָנּ֚וּ לְיַֽעֲקֹב֙ שִׁמְחָ֔ה וְצַֽהֲל֖וּ בְּרֹ֣אשׁ הַגּוֹיִ֑ם הַשְׁמִ֚יעוּ הַֽלְלוּ֙ וְאִמְר֔וּ הוֹשַׁ֚ע יְהֹוָה֙ אֶת־עַמְּךָ֔ אֵ֖ת שְׁאֵרִ֥ית יִשְׂרָאֵֽל:
7Behold I bring them from the north country and gather them from the uttermost ends of the earth, the blind and the lame amongst them, the woman with child and she who travails with child all together; a great company shall they return there.         זהִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן וְקִבַּצְתִּים֘ מִיַּרְכְּתֵי־אָרֶץ֒ בָּם עִוֵּ֣ר וּפִסֵּ֔חַ הָרָ֥ה וְיֹלֶ֖דֶת יַחְדָּ֑ו קָהָ֥ל גָּד֖וֹל יָשׁ֥וּבוּ הֵֽנָּה:
8With weeping will they come, and with supplications will I lead them, along brooks of water will I make them go, on a straight road upon which they will not stumble, for I have become a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.         חבִּבְכִ֣י יָבֹ֗אוּ וּֽבְתַחֲנוּנִים֘ אֽוֹבִילֵם֒ אֽוֹלִיכֵם֙ אֶל־נַ֣חֲלֵי מַ֔יִם בְּדֶ֣רֶךְ יָשָׁ֔ר לֹ֥א יִכָּֽשְׁל֖וּ בָּ֑הּ כִּֽי־הָיִי֚תִי לְיִשְׂרָאֵל֙ לְאָ֔ב וְאֶפְרַ֖יִם בְּכֹ֥רִי הֽוּא:
9Hear the word of the Lord, O nations, and declare it on the islands from afar, and say, "He Who scattered Israel will gather them together and watch them as a shepherd his flock.         טשִׁמְע֚וּ דְבַר־יְהֹוָה֙ גּוֹיִ֔ם וְהַגִּ֥ידוּ בָֽאִיִּ֖ים מִמֶּרְחָ֑ק וְאִמְר֗וּ מְזָרֵ֚ה יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ יְקַבְּצֶ֔נּוּ וּשְׁמָר֖וֹ כְּרֹעֶ֥ה עֶדְרֽוֹ:
10For the Lord has redeemed Jacob and has saved him out of the hand of him who is stronger than he.         יכִּֽי־פָדָ֥ה יְהֹוָ֖ה אֶת־יַֽעֲקֹ֑ב וּגְאָל֕וֹ מִיַּ֖ד חָזָ֥ק מִמֶּֽנּוּ:
11And they shall come and jubilate on the height of Zion, and they will stream to the goodness of the Lord, over corn, wine, and oil, and over sheep and cattle, and their soul shall be like a well-watered garden, and they shall have no further worry at all.         יאוּבָאוּ֘ וְרִנְּנ֣וּ בִמְרוֹם־צִיּוֹן֒ וְנָֽהֲר֞וּ אֶל־ט֣וּב יְהֹוָ֗ה עַל־דָּגָן֙ וְעַל־תִּירֹ֣שׁ וְעַל־יִצְהָ֔ר וְעַל־בְּנֵי־צֹ֖אן וּבָקָ֑ר וְהָֽיְתָ֚ה נַפְשָׁם֙ כְּגַ֣ן רָוֶ֔ה וְלֹֽא־יוֹסִ֥יפוּ לְדַֽאֲבָ֖ה עֽוֹד:
12Then shall the virgin rejoice in the round dance with music, and the young men and the old men together, and I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and make them rejoice from their sorrow.         יבאָ֣ז תִּשְׂמַ֚ח בְּתוּלָה֙ בְּמָח֔וֹל וּבַחֻרִ֥ים וּזְקֵנִ֖ים יַחְדָּ֑ו וְהָֽפַכְתִּ֨י אֶבְלָ֚ם לְשָׂשׂוֹן֙ וְנִ֣חַמְתִּ֔ים וְשִׂמַּחְתִּ֖ים מִֽיגוֹנָֽם:
13And I will refresh the soul of the priests with fat, and My people-they will be satisfied with My goodness, is the word of the Lord.         יגוְרִוֵּיתִ֛י נֶ֥פֶשׁ הַכֹּֽהֲנִ֖ים דָּ֑שֶׁן וְעַמִּ֛י אֶת־טוּבִ֥י יִשְׂבָּ֖עוּ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
14So says the Lord: A voice is heard on high, lamentation, bitter weeping, Rachel weeping for her children, she refuses to be comforted for her children for they are not.         ידכֹּ֣ה | אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֗ה ק֣וֹל בְּרָמָ֚ה נִשְׁמָע֙ נְהִי֙ בְּכִ֣י תַמְרוּרִ֔ים רָחֵ֖ל מְבַכָּ֣ה עַל־בָּנֶי֑הָ מֵֽאֲנָ֛ה לְהִנָּחֵ֥ם עַל־בָּנֶ֖יהָ כִּ֥י אֵינֶֽנּוּ:
15So says the Lord: Refrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for there is reward for your work, says the Lord, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy.         טוכֹּ֣ה | אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֗ה מִנְעִ֚י קוֹלֵךְ֙ מִבֶּ֔כִי וְעֵינַ֖יִךְ מִדִּמְעָ֑ה כִּי֩ יֵ֨שׁ שָׂכָ֚ר לִפְעֻלָּתֵךְ֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה וְשָׁ֖בוּ מֵאֶ֥רֶץ אוֹיֵֽב:
16And there is hope for your future, says the Lord, and the children shall return to their own border.         טזוְיֵשׁ־תִּקְוָ֥ה לְאַֽחֲרִיתֵ֖ךְ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְשָׁ֥בוּ בָנִ֖ים לִגְבוּלָֽם:
17I have indeed heard Ephraim complaining, [saying,] "You have chastised me, and I was chastised as an ungoaded calf, O lead me back, and I will return, for You are the Lord, my God.         יזשָׁמ֣וֹעַ שָׁמַ֗עְתִּי אֶפְרַ֙יִם֙ מִתְנוֹדֵ֔ד יִסַּרְתַּ֙נִי֙ וָֽאִוָּסֵ֔ר כְּעֵ֖גֶל לֹ֣א לֻמָּ֑ד הֲשִׁבֵ֣נִי וְאָשׁ֔וּבָה כִּ֥י אַתָּ֖ה יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהָֽי:
18For after my return I have completely changed my mind, and after I had been brought to know myself, I smote upon my thigh; I was ashamed, yea I stood confounded, for I bore the reproach of my youth."         יחכִּֽי־אַֽחֲרֵ֚י שׁוּבִי֙ נִחַ֔מְתִּי וְאַֽחֲרֵי֙ הִוָּ֣דְעִ֔י סָפַ֖קְתִּי עַל־יָרֵ֑ךְ בֹּשְׁתִּי וְגַם־נִכְלַ֔מְתִּי כִּ֥י נָשָׂ֖אתִי חֶרְפַּ֥ת נְעוּרָֽי:
19"Is Ephraim a son who is dear to Me? Is he a child who is dandled? For whenever I speak of him, I still remember him: therefore, My very innards are agitated for him; I will surely have compassion on him," says the Lord.         יטהֲבֵן֩ יַקִּ֨יר לִ֜י אֶפְרַ֗יִם אִם יֶ֣לֶד שַֽׁעֲשׁוּעִ֔ים כִּֽי־מִדֵּ֚י דַבְּרִי֙ בּ֔וֹ זָכֹ֥ר אֶזְכְּרֶ֖נּוּ ע֑וֹד עַל־כֵּ֗ן הָמ֚וּ מֵעַי֙ ל֔וֹ רַחֵ֥ם אֲרַֽחֲמֶ֖נּוּ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
20Set up markers for yourself, place small palms for yourself, put your heart to the highway, the road upon which you went. Return, O virgin of Israel, return to these your cities.         כהַצִּ֧יבִי לָ֣ךְ צִיֻּנִ֗ים שִׂ֚מִי לָךְ֙ תַּמְרוּרִ֔ים שִׁ֣תִי לִבֵּ֔ךְ לַֽמְסִלָּ֖ה דֶּ֣רֶךְ הָלָ֑כְתְּ (כתיב הָלָ֑כְתְּי) שׁוּבִי בְּתוּלַ֣ת יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל שֻׁ֖בִי אֶל־עָרַ֥יִךְ אֵֽלֶּה:
21How long will you hide, O backsliding daughter? For the Lord has created something new on the earth, a woman shall go after a man.         כאעַד־מָתַי֙ תִּתְחַמָּקִ֔ין הַבַּ֖ת הַשּֽׁוֹבֵבָ֑ה כִּֽי־בָרָ֨א יְהֹוָ֚ה חֲדָשָׁה֙ בָּאָ֔רֶץ נְקֵבָ֖ה תְּס֥וֹבֵֽב גָּֽבֶר:
22So said the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel; They shall yet say this thing in the land of Judah and in its cities when I return their captivity; May the Lord bless You, dwelling of righteousness, holy mount.         כבכֹּֽה־אָמַ֞ר יְהֹוָ֚ה צְבָאוֹת֙ אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל ע֣וֹד יֹֽאמְר֞וּ אֶת־הַדָּבָ֣ר הַזֶּ֗ה בְּאֶ֚רֶץ יְהוּדָה֙ וּבְעָרָ֔יו בְּשׁוּבִ֖י אֶת־שְׁבוּתָ֑ם יְבָֽרֶכְךָ֧ יְהֹוָ֛ה נְוֵה־צֶ֖דֶק הַ֥ר הַקֹּֽדֶשׁ:
23And Judah shall dwell therein and [in] all its cities together, farmers and those who travel with flocks.         כגוְיָ֥שְׁבוּ בָ֛הּ יְהוּדָ֥ה וְכָל־עָרָ֖יו יַחְדָּ֑ו אִכָּרִ֕ים וְנָסְע֖וּ בָּעֵֽדֶר:
24For I have sated the faint soul, and every worried soul have I replenished.         כדכִּ֥י הִרְוֵ֖יתִי נֶ֣פֶשׁ עֲיֵפָ֑ה וְכָל־נֶ֥פֶשׁ דָּֽאֲבָ֖ה מִלֵּֽאתִי:
25Thereupon, I awoke and I had seen, and my sleep was pleasant to me.         כהעַל־זֹ֖את הֱקִיצֹ֣תִי וָֽאֶרְאֶ֑ה וּשְׁנָתִ֖י עָ֥רְבָה לִּֽי:
26Behold days are coming, says the Lord, and I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with seed of man and seed of beasts.         כוהִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְזָֽרַעְתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֚ית יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ וְאֶת־בֵּ֣ית יְהוּדָ֔ה זֶ֥רַע אָדָ֖ם וְזֶ֥רַע בְּהֵמָֽה:
27And it shall be, as I have watched over them to uproot and to break down, to demolish and to destroy and to afflict, so will I watch over them to build and to plant, says the Lord.         כזוְהָיָ֞ה כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֧ר שָׁקַ֣דְתִּי עֲלֵיהֶ֗ם לִנְת֧וֹשׁ וְלִנְת֛וֹץ וְלַֽהֲרֹ֖ס וּלְהַֽאֲבִ֣יד וּלְהָרֵ֑עַ כֵּ֣ן אֶשְׁקֹ֧ד עֲלֵיהֶ֛ם לִבְנ֥וֹת וְלִנְט֖וֹעַ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
28In those days, they shall no longer say, "Fathers have eaten unripe grapes, and the teeth of the children shall be set on edge."         כחבַּיָּמִ֣ים הָהֵ֔ם לֹא־יֹֽאמְר֣וּ ע֔וֹד אָב֖וֹת אָ֣כְלוּ בֹ֑סֶר וְשִׁנֵּ֥י בָנִ֖ים תִּקְהֶֽינָה:
29But each man shall die for his iniquity; whoever eats the unripe grapes- his teeth shall be set on edge.         כטכִּ֛י אִם־אִ֥ישׁ בַּֽעֲו‍ֹנ֖וֹ יָמ֑וּת כָּל־הָֽאָדָ֛ם הָאֹכֵ֥ל הַבֹּ֖סֶר תִּקְהֶ֥ינָה שִׁנָּֽיו:
30Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.         להִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְכָֽרַתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֧ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל וְאֶת־בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָ֖ה בְּרִ֥ית חֲדָשָֽׁה:
31Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.         לאלֹ֣א כַבְּרִ֗ית אֲשֶׁ֚ר כָּרַ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־אֲבוֹתָ֔ם בְּיוֹם֙ הֶֽחֱזִיקִ֣י בְיָדָ֔ם לְהֽוֹצִיאָ֖ם מֵאֶ֖רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֜מָּה הֵפֵ֣רוּ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֗י וְאָֽנֹכִ֛י בָּעַ֥לְתִּי בָ֖ם נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
32For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.         לבכִּ֣י זֹ֣את הַבְּרִ֡ית אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶכְרֹת֩ אֶת־בֵּ֨ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל אַֽחֲרֵ֨י הַיָּמִ֚ים הָהֵם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה נָתַ֚תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ בְּקִרְבָּ֔ם וְעַל־לִבָּ֖ם אֶכְתֳּבֶ֑נָּה וְהָיִ֚יתִי לָהֶם֙ לֵֽאלֹהִ֔ים וְהֵ֖מָּה יִֽהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם:
33And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember.         לגוְלֹ֧א יְלַמְּד֣וּ ע֗וֹד אִ֣ישׁ אֶת־רֵעֵ֜הוּ וְאִ֚ישׁ אֶת־אָחִיו֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר דְּע֖וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּֽי־כוּלָּם֩ יֵֽדְע֨וּ אוֹתִ֜י לְמִקְּטַנָּ֚ם וְעַד־גְּדוֹלָם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה כִּ֚י אֶסְלַח֙ לַֽעֲו‍ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד:
34So said the Lord, Who gives the sun to illuminate by day, the laws of the moon and the stars to illuminate at night, Who stirs up the sea and its waves roar, the Lord of Hosts is His name.         לדכֹּ֣ה | אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֗ה נֹתֵ֥ן שֶׁ֙מֶשׁ֙ לְא֣וֹר יוֹמָ֔ם חֻקֹּ֛ת יָרֵ֥חַ וְכֽוֹכָבִ֖ים לְא֣וֹר לָ֑יְלָה רֹגַ֚ע הַיָּם֙ וַיֶּֽהֱמ֣וּ גַלָּ֔יו יְהֹוָ֥ה צְבָא֖וֹת שְׁמֽוֹ:
35If these laws depart from before Me, says the Lord, so will the seed of Israel cease being a nation before Me for all time.         להאִם־יָמֻ֜שׁוּ הַֽחֻקִּ֥ים הָאֵ֛לֶּה מִלְּפָנַ֖י נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה גַּם֩ זֶ֨רַע יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל יִשְׁבְּת֗וּ מִֽהְי֥וֹת גּ֛וֹי לְפָנַ֖י כָּל־הַיָּמִֽים:
36So said the Lord: If the heavens above will be measured and the foundations of the earth below will be fathomed, I too will reject all the seed of Israel because of all they did, says the Lord.         לוכֹּ֣ה | אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֗ה אִם־יִמַּ֚דּוּ שָׁמַ֙יִם֙ מִלְמַ֔עְלָה וְיֵחָֽקְר֥וּ מֽוֹסְדֵי־אֶ֖רֶץ לְמָ֑טָּה גַּם־אֲנִ֞י אֶמְאַ֨ס בְּכָל־זֶ֧רַע יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל עַֽל־כָּל־אֲשֶׁ֥ר עָשׂ֖וּ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
37Behold days are coming, says the Lord, and the city shall be built to the Lord, from the tower of Hananel until the gate of the corner.         לזהִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים ( בָּאִ֖ים קרי ולא כתיב ) נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְנִבְנְתָ֚ה הָעִיר֙ לַֽיהֹוָ֔ה מִמִּגְדַּ֥ל חֲנַנְאֵ֖ל עַד־שַׁ֥עַר הַפִּנָּֽה:
38And the measuring line shall go out further opposite it upon the hill of Gareb, and it shall turn to Goah.         לחוְיָצָ֨א ע֜וֹד קַ֚ו (כתיב קַ֚וה) הַמִּדָּה֙ נֶגְדּ֔וֹ עַ֖ל גִּבְעַ֣ת גָּרֵ֑ב וְנָסַ֖ב גֹּעָֽתָה:
39And the whole valley of the dead bodies and the ash and all the fields until the Kidron Valley, until the corner of the Horse Gate to the east, shall be holy to the Lord; it shall never again be uprooted or torn down forever.         לטוְכָל־הָעֵ֣מֶק הַפְּגָרִ֣ים | וְהַדֶּ֡שֶׁן וְכָֽל־הַשְּׁדֵמוֹת֩ (כתיב הַשְּׁרֵמוֹת֩) עַד־נַ֨חַל קִדְר֜וֹן עַד־פִּנַּ֨ת שַׁ֚עַר הַסּוּסִים֙ מִזְרָ֔חָה קֹ֖דֶשׁ לַֽיהֹוָ֑ה לֹֽא־יִנָּתֵ֧שׁ וְֽלֹא־יֵהָרֵ֛ס ע֖וֹד לְעוֹלָֽם:
« Previous
Chapter 30
Next »
Chapter 32
The text on this page contains sacred literature. Please do not deface or discard.

[Subscribe to The Scroll]
[Email Dedications]
[Jewish Music App]
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »
I know the traditional Jewish explanation of the new covenant. Still, how about we stick to Moses?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:04:04 AM by Hrvatski Noahid »
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 09:58:54 PM »
I know the traditional Jewish explanation of the new covenant. Still, the Book of Jeremiah probably did more harm than good. How about we just stick to Moses?

In every way disagree. In Torah it also says that Elokeim created man, which is plural of G-d. Hashem didn't care that people would use that to pretend there are many G-ds, they will find an excuse either way. Jeremiah and the Neviim are critical to Judaism. Rav Kahane said just dropping those classes from boys yeshivot (seminaries still teach it) was a major crime and caused major damage.

Virtually every single verse in Tanach has some missionary claiming its proof. Have you ever looked though a standard English Xtian bible? They put random things in red all over that they can twist to make look like JC. If Tanach was three letters, at least two would be promoted by missionaries as, "proof".

The book of Jeremiah and Jeremiah did only good for Jews. Missionaries and people looking to corrupt Torah do bad for Jews, and if there was no Jeremiah G-d forbid, they would pick something else, and already do.

Anyways, very important to know this. When the messiah comes, all the festivals we celebrate now will be gone or replaced except for Purim and Tisha b Av, which will be a happy day. If they want to say the new covenant is worshiping their rock on a stick, fine.

Also, you're messing up the chicken and egg order here. It's not like they come  up with things, they just mix religions. We have a line about this, they saw and twisted it. They didn't say it and then say "hey look, a prophet agrees!".

This is like saying we should surrender border towns in Israel because they are being attacked. If there were no towns there G-d forbid the next towns would G-d forbid be attacked. We don't really care what they think. We won't change what we do if they twist it. The only thing we do like that is if they start copying our customs we drop them instantly so no one gets tricked. We used to hold our hands when we prayed until they ruined it for us. Jeremiah is more important that things like that though, you will find no support to give him out of fear of Xtians.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 11:43:53 PM »
Rabbi Schochet said that Judaism begins and ends with Moses. All the other prophets received private prophecies.   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 07:41:15 AM by Hrvatski Noahid »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 01:19:20 AM »
Rabbi Schochet said that Judaism begins and ends with Moses. All the other prophets received private prophecies. Why is the private prophecy of Jeremiah and Ezekiel more trustworthy than the private prophecy of Muhammad and Guru Nanak? I'll wait.

Jeremiah (and Ezekiel) are indeed controversial and dangerous, especially from the perspective of Noahides and former Christians. Studying parts of the Jewish Bible and misunderstanding them is worse than not learning them at all. Just look at Christ Church.     

No it begins with Abraham and never ends. I respectfully disagree with that statement, and need the context.

The public prophesies of Moshe Rabbeinu include how to judge future prophets. Moshe was happy that there were Jews prophesying his death, he wanted everyone to be one. Jeremiah and Ezekiel were tested by the rules and passed.

Studying Torah and misunderstanding it is equal to studying Neviim and misunderstand them. I do not care what idol churches do. Judaism does not consider its main prophets to be any more controversial or dangerous than anyone else. If you were a Jew saying this, serious thing you just said, for you like whatever can't blame you, totally annoying to hear Xtians take Tanach and turn it into something it isn't, but we are never backing down from a letter in Tanach.

Finally, you don't know what you're missing. Most of Torah talks of then. Those two spend a good deal of time talking about now. You have a story where you're featured from thousands of years ago. I recommend you read it with as many comments as you can find.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 01:31:59 AM »
The context is a question about the Oral Law: https://youtu.be/IObWozoZLAQ
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 07:44:13 AM by Hrvatski Noahid »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 05:02:02 AM »
As usual you side with a brute force approach.
I think it's better to know how to answer their arguments and expose their duplicity, pretty much like Rabbi Singer does in the video.
And disclaimer I don't like him and can't stand his whining voice.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
The context is a question about the Oral Law: https://youtu.be/IObWozoZLAQ

As far as I know Ezekiel almost didn't make it. Noahides are not obligated to listen to any prophet other than Moses. When other prophets are authenticated by the testimony of three million people, I might read their prophecies, too.

King David almost didn't make it either. Why go for the other prophets? Idolaters corrupt Pslams for their fake meanings more than anything. Also no three million witnesses to King David's prophesies either. Still have force of law for Jews.

If you say you're not required I'll take your word for it, I don't know everything about law for Noachides. The goal of most prophets is simply to return the people to follow the law, so I guarantee they aren't leading you astray.

As for Jews and especially us here, Rav Kahane commanded that we learn Neviim, and said if we didn't our ideas on Talmud would be corrupt. As such we will continue to obey our Rabbi. If you are obeying yours in doing this, more power to you.