Author Topic: I think the EZB will make negative interest rates.  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I think the EZB will make negative interest rates.
« on: March 29, 2020, 02:41:38 PM »
This minister of Hessen who suicided  was involved in forward payer swaps in order to hedge interest rates.

Read here:

https://www.fr.de/wirtschaft/milliarden-versenkt-13508318.html

The loss for the state Hessen because of his speculations was already  3,2 billion Euro when the EZB lowered the interest to zero and there was no hope with the weak Euro countries like Italy Spain Greece etc. to make it higher again.

The loss came because he speculated on growing interest rates for his debts.

I think he knew something about an EZB decision of negative interest rates. This will ruin the state of Hessen.

Perhaps this was meant with:

How we could hear from circles from detectives, Schafer let a suicide note. In this note he stated the causes of his suicide. According to reports Schafer spoke in this note of the hopelessness of the situation of the country towards the situation of the society as well as of the economy. This hopelessness he has related directly to the present situation, that has troubled him much.
Translation by me.

This are my original Ulli thoughts. What is your oppinion?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I think the EZB will make negative interest rates.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »
Interests may get negative and you are correct that because of the high debt load of both the US and many EU nations, it's going to stay low for a long time, lower than the inflation rate.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I think the EZB will make negative interest rates.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 02:25:09 AM »
Interests may get negative and you are correct that because of the high debt load of both the US and many EU nations, it's going to stay low for a long time, lower than the inflation rate.

Why the politicians worldwide have not paid the debts in the long time were the economy was so good? Instead of this they spent like crazy and in addition to their skyrocketing tax collections by the boom collected nearly all the money the citizens earned.

Last year two people worked full time for us. I have made their pay slips. Merkel stole nearly 40 % of their saleries for social contributions and taxes. And from my money they stole thousands every month in different ways. I could not safe so much because of this.

The only country that has saved that I know is Russia.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani