Author Topic: The minister of finances in the state of Hessen commits suicide bec. of corona  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The FAZ Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported first:

„Wie aus Ermittlerkreisen zu hören war, hat Schäfer einen Abschiedsbrief hinterlassen. Darin habe er die Gründe für seinen Suizid genannt. Dem Vernehmen nach soll Schäfer darin von einer „Aussichtslosigkeit“ gesprochen haben, die er gesellschaftlich, aber auch bezogen auf die wirtschaftliche Lage des Landes sehe. Diese Aussichtslosigkeit habe er unter anderem konkret auf die derzeitige Situation bezogen, die ihm offenbar „zu schaffen“ gemacht habe.“

How we could hear from circles from detectives, Schafer let a suicide note. In this note he stated the causes of his suicide. According to reports Schafer spoke in this note of the hopelessness of the situation of the country towards the situation of the society as well as of the economy. This hopelessness he has related directly to the present situation, that has troubled him much.

Later the newspaper deleted this and said, that the detectives know about the content of the suicide note, but don't want to say anything.

The minister jumped in front of an ICE (High speed train) in Hochheim.

Sources:

http://www.pi-news.net/2020/03/covid-19-opium-statt-beatmung-fuer-hochbetagte-in-frankreich/
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/rhein-main/hessens-finanzminister-schaefer-ist-tot-polizei-vermutet-suizid-16701591.html

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I am sorry that he gave up to pessimism and committed suicide. The situation is not hopeless. Economies can recover quite fast if the government just let them function.
I think the public mindset after this crisis has ended might shift further towards nationalism and against immigration. If nothing else than because the governments would no longer have to budget to keep subsidizing
ever more "new residents" from the middle east and Africa.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
I am sorry that he gave up to pessimism and committed suicide. The situation is not hopeless. Economies can recover quite fast if the government just let them function.
I think the public mindset after this crisis has ended might shift further towards nationalism and against immigration. If nothing else than because the governments would no longer have to budget to keep subsidizing
ever more "new residents" from the middle east and Africa.

I think you are generally right about the economic recovery.

I think subsidizing the new residents is outrageous. The opposite would be right. They have to bring money to compensate for the infrastructure paid by the current residents.

Europe is in general very unfair to the working people.