Author Topic: End times - my thoughts  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
End times - my thoughts
« on: April 13, 2020, 12:59:07 PM »
I think wars and atrocities, idiol worship, heresy and apostatism as well as hostility against God was always there.

1. WW, 2 WW, The seven years war, the thirty years war, Attila, Tschingis Khan, Napoleon, Inquisition in the counter reformation, The fall of the Roman Empire etc. Were much harder times than now.

Even catastrophies, like floods - I remember I have read about the "Grote Mandränke" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Marcellus%27s_flood

And Illnesses: The plague (Black Death), Spanish Flue were devastating. What we have today Corona , even if it is dangerous and for lots of people deadly, is not comparable with this events.

Perhaps we only see it as big catastrophy, because informations are available for everybody worldwide through the internet, as well as the population is bigger and the infrastructure and real estate is much much more developed. So more things get affected and destroyed. But if you see it in relations i.e. the 30 year war killed 40 percent of the population and the plague killed between 10 and 40 percent of the population.

The Mandränke killed hundreds of thousands of people and big areas of land at the North sea from Netherlands to Denmark were lost inclusive whole cities like Rungholt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rungholt

Even the apostasie in our societies is not new. You had it during the French Revolution and then in Nazi Germany and in the Sowjet Union.

So I think perhaps we have a few years left.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Re: End times - my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 01:43:46 AM »
Rav Reuven says that Jews have to repent first.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 04:33:46 AM »
Plagues cannot be considered a sign for the end of times since they have been there since the beginning.

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 05:21:41 AM »
Plagues cannot be considered a sign for the end of times since they have been there since the beginning.
Maybe plagues cannot be considered a sign for the end of times, but the economic collapse of most countries and eventual wars that will lead to nuclear catastrophe can be considered to be beginning of the end.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 11:21:52 AM »
Maybe plagues cannot be considered a sign for the end of times, but the economic collapse of most countries and eventual wars that will lead to nuclear catastrophe can be considered to be beginning of the end.

Nobody is in the moment in a mood for war, if you don't count the nutcases of Hisbollah, Hamas and Iran.

Trump was a gift of God.  Trump has handeled foreign relations well and kept peace.

I don't want to imagine in what situation the Demonrats under the leadership of Hillary and mainstream media would have brought us.

We would have already hot conflict with the Russian Army in Syria and Ukraine. IS would still be there and Saudi Arbia would be totally destabilized and under sanctions.

Iran would perhaps already have the bomb, Suleimani would be still in his place and the remaining Saudi Arabia gouvernment would be allied with Russia.

The relationship with China would be cold like ice. Because stupid Demonrats would have intervened heavily in Hong Kong and for the Uigurs and pushed regime change. They would spread the virus on purpose and give no information out.

The people don't know how much they owe Trump.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:12 AM »
Nobody is in the moment in a mood for war, if you don't count the nutcases of Hisbollah, Hamas and Iran.

Trump was a gift of God.  Trump has handeled foreign relations well and kept peace.

I don't want to imagine in what situation the Demonrats under the leadership of Hillary and mainstream media would have brought us.

We would have already hot conflict with the Russian Army in Syria and Ukraine. IS would still be there and Saudi Arbia would be totally destabilized and under sanctions.

Iran would perhaps already have the bomb, Suleimani would be still in his place and the remaining Saudi Arabia gouvernment would be allied with Russia.

The relationship with China would be cold like ice. Because stupid Demonrats would have intervened heavily in Hong Kong and for the Uigurs and pushed regime change. They would spread the virus on purpose and give no information out.

I agree that Trump is the best possible choice at the present moment. My worry is the lack of goods which could lead to conflicts between the nations.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 09:30:24 PM »

Eh he made some bad moves at first, but now again, just defunded the UN health agency. He is doing so infinitely better than I expected him to do.

Saying "what would the democrats have done" is a really horrid rabbit hole in every conceivable situation and circumstance, but I guess it does double his value that the alternative is that evil.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »
Rav Reuven says that Jews have to repent first.
You re right but don't expect jews well admting anythins wrong.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 12:19:25 PM »
You re right but don't expect jews well admting anythins wrong.

Yeah those JEEEEEWS are so dirty huh?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 05:49:10 PM »

Beautiful line
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.