Author Topic: International Orphans  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: International Orphans
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »
Sympathy does it. Seeing frail children suffering makes people want to help.

Does stewardship come into it?

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 07:05:16 PM »
Educating some of them would be tricky due to superstitions and tribal beliefs...I mean there are some in north Africa who wont even allow their children to have polio drops because they heard a rumor that it was an American/Israeli plot to steralize them all.  It would be nice if we could, I hate to see any children suffer.

I think a lot of Africans dream of getting an education.....

The European colonialists tried educating the Africans hundreds of years ago... they're still trying, it's not working. You can't walk in their and expect to educate a backwards culture like that. It sounds nice, but it's not going to happen.

kellymaureen

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
I think a development in science will help solve the problem in different ways, such as cures for diseases that cause poverty and ways in which  crop can be produced efficiently and quickly

The Jews when they lived in gaza had no trouble at all growing food even though the land is not ideal for crops;) technology is there.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 07:42:25 PM »
Torn on this issue. I say help ourselves first, I do not like too see a child suffer. But we must take care of our own children first.  There are children here living in fema trailers with high levels of formaldahyde. In America, we should take care of our own first. This applies too the UK, Israel, Australia etc. Feed our own, help our own first. Bush has already sent millions of tax payers monies too the palistinkians. That money would be better spent on people that need it, than throat cutting scum.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 08:32:35 PM »
Sympathy does it. Seeing frail children suffering makes people want to help.

Does stewardship come into it?

I'm not sure. A strong argument can be made that we should help people of this country first and let the other countries look after themselves. But again, I'm not sure.

Lately I've been thinking that maybe we should go forward with this one world government thing just so all of humanity can get on the same page and accomplish some good things. But again, I'm not sure. :-\

kellymaureen

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 08:36:23 PM »
I dont like the one world govt....but I would help any child that I could.  I do agree that we should take care of our own and its a disgrace that ANY child in a country as wealthy as the US should ever go to bed hungry or not have a roof over his or her head.

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 08:54:57 PM »
I dont like the one world govt....but I would help any child that I could.  I do agree that we should take care of our own and its a disgrace that ANY child in a country as wealthy as the US should ever go to bed hungry or not have a roof over his or her head.

I don't know that we're that wealthy anymore due to the ocean of red ink this war is costing us. But yeah, no American child should be hungry. ;)

The way I sometimes look at it is that if a child starves to death, it's not a nice thing to happen. But on the other side of the coin it's kinda good from the standpoint that at least when the child's soul is before God it is without too many stains of sin on it, whereas if the child had lived you never know what the situation would be; perhaps a serial killer, I don't know.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »
Kelly, some cannot understand it is worse to bring a life into this world to starve then to just prove their genitals work.They aren't that backward just don't care.I can feed my 4 Children but I can't afford one more.Should I burden others?
wayne jude

kellymaureen

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »
Thanks wayne, someone got my point :)

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 09:17:10 PM »
Thanks wayne, someone got my point :)

Huh? Did I miss your point? :-[

kellymaureen

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »
Sorry, Guy, you also got my point...that children are not a right, they are a gift.

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 09:20:38 PM »
Whew, I feel better. ;)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
Children are a blessing not to be abused and they are not so isolated not to know about birth control.Although Im not fond of abortion...
wayne jude

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »
Re:  "...I can feed my 4 Children but I can't afford one more.Should I burden others?..."
wayne jude

Not to worry!

Hillary's gonna' give you $5000.00 for every baby!

*unless the baby's black, mulatto, mustafee, chigaroon, or a Mexican illegal alien--in that case, Hillary's gonna' give each mixed race child born $10,000.00 cash!  Just for bein' here!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
kellymaureen:  "...its a disgrace that ANY child in a country as wealthy as the US should ever go to bed hungry..."

But...where are they supposed to go when they're hungry?  :P

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2007, 09:49:13 PM »
woww! I vote for Hillary!If they starve the blood is not on our hands but their parents.Come on We know all know alot about having babies .Ignorance is no defense>>>>.

kellymaureen

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »
But...where are they supposed to go when they're hungry?

Over to hillarys for dinner :P

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »
Yes cam we all come.LOL

kellymaureen

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »
Ahhh very good, I know just where my knee wants to go ;)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
No none whites know us much better then we know them.They use our Christian and Jewish love of as dumb as they pretend.Pay the  piper or else,,
wayne jude
Erika?I be right or what.Ps half my kids are not white.
Love wayne jude

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »
Sorry, Guy, you also got my point...that children are not a right, they are a gift.

If you're meaning to suggest that I didn't get your point, i did, and i said I agreed with it. Though having a child is a right, because you have the same right to this gift as any other person does if God wills you to.