Author Topic: International Orphans  (Read 6157 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
International Orphans
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »

This video makes me feel extremely grateful. It would be great if JTF could support orphans when it becomes a lot larger..........

kellymaureen

Re: International Orphans
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:53:35 PM »
No child deserves to live like that, I cant even get through the video. :'(

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:07:38 PM »
I feel bad for those kids, but not to sound bitter.. birth control is probably the best investment that these countries can have.

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »
Birth control can be used improperly, or not taken, sterilization is best for alot of those countries in order to control the population growth which leads to what we saw on that video. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
Birth control can be used improperly, or not taken, sterilization is best for alot of those countries in order to control the population growth which leads to what we saw on that video. 

That's true too, I didn't even think of sterilization..

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »
Sure, offer the men or women say $100 US to be steralized, how many takers would there be.....and how many children would be spared a horrible and painful starvation death.  Im not sure why they have so many children, I guess its because they dont know any better.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 10:08:50 PM »
ou are right kelly

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 05:14:32 PM »
Yes but in the case of these orphans they were fine until their parents passed away! If the parents are healthy i think they should be permitted to have children, its their right!

kellymaureen

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 05:31:16 PM »
What about the rights of a child....just because 2 people CAN reproduce doesnt mean that they should.  Children are not a right, they are a responsibility....meaning YOU as a parent are RESPONSIBLE for the life of that child.  If you cannot feed yourself WHY on earth would you think just because your reproductive parts are all in working order that is your right to bring another human being into this world and then not be able to feed and take care of it.  In the case of children whose parents have died and they have no other relatives, of course, thats a different story...in the case of the children we see on tTV starving in Africa and other places whose parents just keep popping out another one year after year, cant feed them and watch them starve to death, THESE are the people who need to be cut and snipped!
I had a child when I was in university, and never once did I think that he was my right, I finished university, got a good job, bought a house and took care of MY responsibility.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 05:42:43 PM by kellymaureen »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »
Yes but what right is it for you or anybody to stop these people having children. Its the choice and sense of the parents. The prevention of life because of what a person has and doesn't have, i find sickening BUT I agree with you that there is a limit to numbers and it is horrible for these people to have loads of children that have very little prospect of living. These people haven't anything else to do.
Yes your child is your right and your responsibilty. You had the right to have a child and made good decisions in bringing him up because of your education etc
In Africa, first comes the right and then the responsibility cannot be fulfilled to a decent extent because they don't have the means to get enough money or food.

kellymaureen

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
What kind of human being can watch their own small child cry from hunger, and waste away (and may I add that death from starvation is NOT painless)...THEN go right away and pop out a few more, whose fate will be the same....sometimes those of us who know better, need to assist those who do not.  We are throwing food and supplies at Africa at an astounding rate, teaching them to farm etc...have we made even a dent in the hunger issue?  No, and why...because for every dent we make...they have more and more and more..its a never ending cycle, it needs to be stopped somewhere.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
What kind of human being can watch their own small child cry from hunger, and waste away (and may I add that death from starvation is NOT painless)...THEN go right away and pop out a few more, whose fate will be the same....sometimes those of us who know better, need to assist those who do not.  We are throwing food and supplies at Africa at an astounding rate, teaching them to farm etc...have we made even a dent in the hunger issue?  No, and why...because for every dent we make...they have more and more and more..its a never ending cycle, it needs to be stopped somewhere.

Most of the mothers and fathers do not have children whilst knowing there is no hope. In places in Africa, one day there is food and the next there isn't, due to droughts, bad weather, war, violence and corrupted governments.

More than 680,000,000 people live in Africa, and the population of this continent is rapidly expanding. Even so, the peoples of Africa currently make up only 10% of the world's population. Although it is the second largest continent, its population density in some regions is rather low.Famine, diseases, and wars over the last few decades have also affected population growth. Nevertheless, the continent as whole currently has a population growth rate of 3%. There isn't a problem in mass over populating but in the huge numbers which are affected. Reproduction cannot just stop.

kellymaureen

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 06:01:50 PM »
Doesnt matter how small a percentage of the world population they are, it matters that their land, people and resources are stretched to the limit, and innocent children who did not ask or choose to be born are the ones who suffer, population needs to be controlled, it should be controlled by people there, but its obviously not the case.  I would be willing to bet that the majority of births taking place in poor rural areas are not planned and joyful occasions, but the result of people who are not educated and do not know any better.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 06:10:03 PM »
Doesnt matter how small a percentage of the world population they are, it matters that their land, people and resources are stretched to the limit, and innocent children who did not ask or choose to be born are the ones who suffer, population needs to be controlled, it should be controlled by people there, but its obviously not the case.  I would be willing to bet that the majority of births taking place in poor rural areas are not planned and joyful occasions, but the result of people who are not educated and do not know any better.

So you believe its not a good thing to be born poor?

kellymaureen

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 06:20:48 PM »
Being poor and and not being able to feed even myself and then going and having 15 children I cannot feed are 2 different things.  Many people are poor, but how as a human being can you keep on popping out children and watching them starve to death.  If I cannot even feed myself, I would not have 15 kids (or even 1) who can starve right along with me.  I know there are circumstances where tragic things happen and a family that was once doing well falls on very hard times, thats not what im saying...Im also not talking about the parents that cant buy their kids all the latest things they see their friends have, I am talking about basic need...food...if you cant feed yourself, then do NOT have a child that you cannot feed.  I saw someone with a bumper sticker that said ..."if you cant feed it, dont breed it"....my sentiments exactly.

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »
Giving and helping can be a tricky thing.

If ones keeps giving and giving to a person or persons, then one gets caught in a thing of being expected to come through all the time. Like those bears in Yellow Stone getting marsh mellows. When the bag is empty, instead of being grateful for what they got, they get angry and tear the car door off and go for the giver's throat. Same thing with people.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 06:25:20 PM »
Yeah, I agree completely with that.

But physically preventing these people having children isn't the best way about things...maybe enforcing impossible fines may work. Then again, with the huge gap between Well off and poverty stricken people in Africa, always increasing the result will stand as so:

If you're rich you can have children. If you aren't then you can't.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »
Giving and helping can be a tricky thing.

If ones keeps giving and giving to a person or persons, then one gets caught in a thing of being expected to come through all the time. Like those bears in Yellow Stone getting marsh mellows. When the bag is empty, instead of being grateful for what they got, they get angry and tear the car door off and go for the giver's throat. Same thing with people.

Giving and helping in this case isn't giving at all! Its destroying independence and promoting dependency on a source that won't always be there.

Its also the ways in which aid is given. Food and medical supplies are constantly having to be shipped into Africa.....there needs to be more of a focus in trying to get the food to grow over there.

kellymaureen

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 06:33:43 PM »
Educating some of them would be tricky due to superstitions and tribal beliefs...I mean there are some in north Africa who wont even allow their children to have polio drops because they heard a rumor that it was an American/Israeli plot to steralize them all.  It would be nice if we could, I hate to see any children suffer.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »
Educating some of them would be tricky due to superstitions and tribal beliefs...I mean there are some in north Africa who wont even allow their children to have polio drops because they heard a rumor that it was an American/Israeli plot to steralize them all.  It would be nice if we could, I hate to see any children suffer.

I think a lot of Africans dream of getting an education.....

kellymaureen

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 06:38:45 PM »
Im sure, but educating them on birth control and stopping the spread of AIDS first...control your population so that the rest of us can help get you on your feet.  I heard (not sure if its true, heard it on a documentary) that some men in rural villages believed that the cure for AIDS was having sex with a virgin under the age of 10 :o

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 06:42:22 PM »
During my growing up years, I was greatly aided by the tax payers due to being made a "ward of the state" at an early age. And while from an intellectual standpoint I feel human beings should take responsibility for their choices, I at the same time feel an obligation to help out when I can because of the generosity that I received.

It's quite a dilemma. Let the idiot morons and their kids die off (as Neanderthal did), or keep throwing one's time, money, and resources at them so their kids can grow into sexual beings and keep the whole insanity going.

What would God expect us to do in this situation?

kellymaureen

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »
I agree, its going to be a never ending cycle if it keeps up the way it has...and I hate to see children suffer. 

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
Im sure, but educating them on birth control and stopping the spread of AIDS first...control your population so that the rest of us can help get you on your feet.  I heard (not sure if its true, heard it on a documentary) that some men in rural villages believed that the cure for AIDS was having sex with a virgin under the age of 10 :o

Wow thats crazy. As for Aids, I think it has reached a stage where it is can never be controlled.......and those who suffer can only be given a better life as they grow weaker.

guyNbluejeans thats a great question, I think a development in science will help solve the problem in different ways, such as cures for diseases that cause poverty and ways in which  crop can be produced efficiently and quickly enough for these people, despite all the opposing conditions.

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »

Wow thats crazy. As for Aids, I think it has reached a stage where it is can never be controlled.......and those who suffer can only be given a better life as they grow weaker.

guyNbluejeans thats a great question, I think a development in science will help solve the problem in different ways, such as cures for diseases that cause poverty and ways in which  crop can be produced efficiently and quickly enough for these people, despite all the opposing conditions.

But is it really a good solution for one group/race/class of people to bend over backwards to keep such -- dare I say this? :o -- brain-dead people in the picture so they can give this limited resource world more idiots like themselves?