Author Topic: Trump administration pushing to rip global supply chains from China  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Trump administration pushing to rip global supply chains from China: officials

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is “turbocharging” an initiative to remove global industrial supply chains from China as it weighs new tariffs to punish Beijing for its handling of the coronavirus outbreak, according to officials familiar with U.S. planning.

I hope it is fake news. If he does this the economy will collapse. There are too many debts. And now the corona crises. Everything is fragile. To adjust trade contracts like he has done before is one thing, but to cut supply chains is crazyness. Then Biden wins the election easily.

There is a very interesting article in the WELT newspaper. It is called "What made in China really costs" and it points clearly out, that cutting the supply chains is possible but comes with a high price. If a smartphones price is now 1000 $, after the cut it will be 3000 $. Other products will not go up this much, but everything will be at least double except medicine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-china/trump-administration-pushing-to-rip-global-supply-chains-from-china-officials-idUSKBN22G0BZ

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-china/trump-administration-pushing-to-rip-global-supply-chains-from-china-officials-idUSKBN22G0BZ
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
I feel that the US should cut all supply chains from China to the US and vice versa.  That way more Americans will go back to work and facorites will reopen here and we can make our own stuff.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
I feel that the US should cut all supply chains from China to the US and vice versa.  That way more Americans will go back to work and facorites will reopen here and we can make our own stuff.

In a period of time it is possible if the citizens see the necessity and want to bring some sacrifices. But to do this now in the crises will bring the the economy to a collapse.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Here turbocharged: give me 10 billion, I replace half of all existing Chinese factories with American robot factories, America's free market  has lower manufacturing costs and higher production ability than China in three years, and the next billions over the next five will just come from private American companies buying their own.

Imagine this but the individual parts that make the arm can fall off with wheels when they like and drive around with a little arm for jobs. And you can imagine out the little guy in there at will, and imagine his job being much more techy now.

https://www(you put a dot here)youtube(you put a dot here)com/watch?v=Rq0curn0_mQ
https://www(dottyMc.Dottryn)youtube(dottyMc.Dottryn)com/watch?v=_HQ975VRs7Y
https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=iQspszsxbBM
youtube(what is a dot?)com/watch?v=oGSgpxiyIkU
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
...no freeking idea how long it takes to make a videoautocad sketches. Imagine those all together in the same animation and a poor guy three months of work you could spend building two of them.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
I'm also not bound by America. Serbia and Croatia, first one to give me 10 billion gets to control world manufacturing, go.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
...I was in yeshiva when the engineers who made the video decided to write words on it, but text me if you actually need updated spelling on everything. As if we were gluing little pieces of glass together and putting together windshields. They put a few of my lines down perfectly though, engineers are lovely.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Israel Chai, this is not the reality. Read the WELT article "What made in China really costs" with google translator. The regulations and high taxes make western economy not able to compete. And this is the point that has to be changed. Trump works on it, but the Demonrats doing sabotage.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Israel Chai, this is not the reality. Read the WELT article "What made in China really costs" with google translator. The regulations and high taxes make western economy not able to compete. And this is the point that has to be changed. Trump works on it, but the Demonrats doing sabotage.

Man to man America can't compete. Even Africa can't. Robot vs. man, even with regulations we're still vastly more efficient, and instead of 50% in China and 5% in America, defect rates go down to 1% at worst.

Your smartphone example for instance, try $300 now, even with what the Chinese eat they can't afford skilled workers that are cheaper than electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Man to man America can't compete. Even Africa can't. Robot vs. man, even with regulations we're still vastly more efficient, and instead of 50% in China and 5% in America, defect rates go down to 1% at worst.

Your smartphone example for instance, try $300 now, even with what the Chinese eat they can't afford skilled workers that are cheaper than electricity.

China educates far more engineers than us. The have the robots and machines already. Otherwise they would not be able to compete.

Even Russia is close.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/02/the-countries-with-the-most-stem-graduates-infographic/#7907dddd268a

Lots of this people have studied in US. The western people study social sciences and later work for the gouvernment. A new trend is gender studies. Very hot.

And this engineers are not worse than ours.

Even the workers know how to work hard.

Even Iran has lots of engineers. How they would be otherwise able to build all this weapons and terrorize the world. This people are obvious not on the asian or US level, but it is enough.

They started very small by recruiting clock makers, gold smiths, electricans and something like this in order to repuduce the TOW. I watched an old Youtube video about this.

Either we change or we get replaced.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Trump administration pushing to rip global supply chains from China
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 12:01:30 PM »
China educates far more engineers than us. The have the robots and machines already. Otherwise they would not be able to compete.

Even Russia is close.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/02/the-countries-with-the-most-stem-graduates-infographic/#7907dddd268a

Lots of this people have studied in US. The western people study social sciences and later work for the gouvernment. A new trend is gender studies. Very hot.

And this engineers are not worse than ours.

Even the workers know how to work hard.

They have more engineers. America has more unemployed engineers I'd love to hire. I need 1 engineer to make a phone, not a billion, and my robot will copy him. China violates my patents to make toys, but if they make any real application with it, we are ready to sue them. They do not have anything close to the robots I have, and the machines to mold and cut and whatever else would be better off in America. They use some 8 DOF robots, like ABB and Kuka, but these are archaic and mostly they don't, it's cheaper for them to have 10 workers than 1 robot and 1 worker.

China can't compete with modular robotics. It would eliminate the need for most manual jobs. They'll never apply them in their factories, because they'd put half the country out of business in a day. Better we do it now.