Author Topic: Todays Beirut Explosion - Never seen something like this before ...  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
... and I watched daily the Syrian conflict for years. Nothing even close to it I saw. It is like God himself did it, like he did to the cities near the Death Sea. This is judgement!

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1290675854767513600
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Todays Beirut Explosion - Never seen something like this before ...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 01:01:28 AM »
Israel said it has nothing to do with it. Hizbollah agrees.
Libanon says it was firecrackers that ignited ferilizer (Perhaps Ammonium Nitrate) stored in the harbour since 2014.
Trump says it was a bomb of some kind.

I think Trump is right. The firecrackers ignited a weapon storage.

This is how it looks when Russian weapons explode watch from 0:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK_WDxjhu0Y

And this it looks like fertilizer exploding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993wlZ6XFSs

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 04:04:16 AM »
Ammonium Nitrate seems plausible. I am not sure why it was confiscated and from whom...

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 07:33:44 AM »
Ammonium Nitrate seems plausible. I am not sure why it was confiscated and from whom...

I think this "halo" means, that the air is driven out above speed of sound. I have seen similar things as I was in the Army with airplanes.

When Ammonium Nitrate explodes you don't see this Halo. It must be another explosive with a higher burning speed.

Have you seen the explosion in the Russian weapons storage? You find it in the first video at 0:20 following. This looks exactly like the explosion in Beirut, but on a smaller scale. The halo is clearly visible.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »
Horst Lüning a German scientist (who has quit his job and is now owner of a big whisky retailer) says, that he has analized it and the big pressure wave (halo) comes from the fact, that they stored the Ammonium Nitrate next to the sea for long time and because of pressure of weight and humidity the Ammonium Nitrate was compressed and baked together. This explains in his oppinion this extraordinary blast. He says same happened in Germany in Oppau at September 21 1921.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppau_explosion in English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1Yx9YwwSs Video of Horst Lüning.

I thought it was Nasrallahs rocket storage.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 02:53:17 PM »
I am not sure why did they store a huge pile explosive in the port and just 'forgot about it'.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
I am not sure why did they store a huge pile explosive in the port and just 'forgot about it'.

Me too. It is excellent fertilizer for agriculture. It costs lots of money to store this stuff over all this years. I would have auctioned it to farmers and cover the cost. This is the way it is done in Europe.

I have no idea why they did it.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
I do not know whether this is Ammonium Nitrate or Sodium Nitrate but this explosion was really big.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.