Author Topic: Poll: Among English-Only Hispanics, Trump slightly leads Biden in TX  (Read 1625 times)

Offline danny100

• Full JTFer
This is an interesting trend, given the current trajectory of the Democrat Party. A YouGov poll has surveyed voters in Texas this early August and found that among Latinos who only speak English at home: Trump has 43.6% of the vote, Biden has 43.1%.

Given that immigration from much of the third-world has slowed down under Trump, the percentage of immigrants who speak another language has also declined steady. I hope this trend continues into the long-run. A wall would greatly help weed out fraudulent future voters, in addition to drug pushers.

I bring a lot of sit-reps from Texas since a lot of the future of our country can be predicted on demographic trends in my home state. I’m not a big fan of Trump and he has turned off some suburban whites here, explains a lot why we’re headed to a toss-up this November. The narrative here is: the far-left Marxists who’ve taken over the Democrats have become so toxic to working class Americans that even many Hispanics are ditching the party.

Poll link: https://www.txhpf.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/THPFFinalAug17.pdf page 6

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Poll: Among English-Only Hispanics, Trump slightly leads Biden in TX
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 12:42:18 PM »
This is an interesting trend, given the current trajectory of the Democrat Party. A YouGov poll has surveyed voters in Texas this early August and found that among Latinos who only speak English at home: Trump has 43.6% of the vote, Biden has 43.1%.

Given that immigration from much of the third-world has slowed down under Trump, the percentage of immigrants who speak another language has also declined steady. I hope this trend continues into the long-run. A wall would greatly help weed out fraudulent future voters, in addition to drug pushers.

I bring a lot of sit-reps from Texas since a lot of the future of our country can be predicted on demographic trends in my home state. I’m not a big fan of Trump and he has turned off some suburban whites here, explains a lot why we’re headed to a toss-up this November. The narrative here is: the far-left Marxists who’ve taken over the Democrats have become so toxic to working class Americans that even many Hispanics are ditching the party.

Poll link: https://www.txhpf.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/THPFFinalAug17.pdf page 6

What percentage of Latino's in Texas speak only English?  I would imagine that's a pretty small percentage of Texas Latinos.  If it is, then this is a self-delusion to think the Republican party has finally won over this demographic.

How has this demographic (English only Latino's in Texas) trended until now?   For example, if this group always voted republican at around 40-45%, then the numbers for Trump are in line with historical norms.   If they have been trending up from the 30's over the past 5-10 years, then that's a different story.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
Texas has a large population of ethnic mexicans that have been living there since the Texas annexation. They are well integrated and many probably vote republican.
What percentage of Latino's in Texas speak only English?  I would imagine that's a pretty small percentage of Texas Latinos.  If it is, then this is a self-delusion to think the Republican party has finally won over this demographic.

How has this demographic (English only Latino's in Texas) trended until now?   For example, if this group always voted republican at around 40-45%, then the numbers for Trump are in line with historical norms.   If they have been trending up from the 30's over the past 5-10 years, then that's a different story.

Offline danny100

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »

Due to cultural assimilation, the percentage of Hispanics in the US who only speak English has rose from 22% in 2000 and was slated to be at 34% by 2020. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/03/24/a-majority-of-english-speaking-hispanics-in-the-u-s-are-bilingual/%3famp=1

Among the younger generation, it’s close to 40%. Of course, that’s not the only factor why this group in Texas is trending a little right. Texas in 2012 had analysis from major counties and found that 30% of Latinos there backed Romney. In the 2018 senate race, 36% backed Ted Cruz against a guy who based his campaign on pandering to Hispanics.

I think the major reasons why Democrats are losing ground with this group is mainly: their stance on gun control and defunding police. I’m originally from a city close to the border and police are a trusted part of the community (unlike in many black neighborhoods). When two officers were killed in that county 2 months ago responding to a domestic violence call, the city council endorsed the #BacktheBlue movement.

We’ll see if Trump gets 40% of the Latino vote in this state, as well as other states like Arizona and North Carolina. The irony is that these states are all close due to the leftward shift among college-educated whites, given that major universities are knee deep in Marxism and racial guilt. Long story short: I don’t judge by race, because any person can decide which cultural stream to follow. At the same time, institutions that promote poisonous BLM and immoral sexual/racial views need to be exposed for the frauds that they are. That’s likely how we can turn this country around.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:27:25 PM by danny100 »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 11:27:51 PM »
Due to cultural assimilation, the percentage of Hispanics in the US who only speak English has rose from 22% in 2000 and was slated to be at 34% by 2020. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/03/24/a-majority-of-english-speaking-hispanics-in-the-u-s-are-bilingual/%3famp=1

Among the younger generation, it’s close to 40%. Of course, that’s not the only factor why this group in Texas is trending a little right. Texas in 2012 had analysis from major counties and found that 30% of Latinos there backed Romney. In the 2018 senate race, 36% backed Ted Cruz against a guy who based his campaign on pandering to Hispanics.

I think the major reasons why Democrats are losing ground with this group is mainly: their stance on gun control and defunding police. I’m originally from a city close to the border and police are a trusted part of the community (unlike in many black neighborhoods). When two officers were killed in that county 2 months ago responding to a domestic violence call, the city council endorsed the #BacktheBlue movement.

We’ll see if Trump gets 40% of the Latino vote in this state, as well as other states like Arizona and North Carolina. The irony is that these states are all close due to the leftward shift among college-educated whites, given that major universities are knee deep in Marxism and racial guilt. Long story short: I don’t judge by race, because any person can decide which cultural stream to follow. At the same time, institutions that promote poisonous BLM and immoral sexual/racial views need to be exposed for the frauds that they are. That’s likely how we can turn this country around.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  That's a sizable demographic, then.