Author Topic: a hiatus for Chaim  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
a hiatus for Chaim
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:32:06 AM »
Was listening to Lubab's comment on the askjtf...

Chaim needs a break....

I would say that we limit the number of questions each week...or just give it a few weeks to a month off for Chaim..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: a hiatus for Chaim
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:48:43 AM »
If you want to limit the number of questions, how about we go through the question and see if there is anyone on the forum who knows the answer so that would ensure that all the questions being asked would be ones that nobody else on the forum was able to answer for others.

For the next "Ask JTF", someone asked the following: 

"While you call Kadima a leftist party, many on the left say that it's a conservative party. These leftists say that the 5% (or whatever) that Kadima will keep in the West Bank will be used to expand settlements and hem in Arab villages and towns through a network of checkpoints and roads. The leftists say that this takes land from the Arabs and renders their independence into a sham. This argument was also used against South African apartheid and indeed Arafat once said that Barak had offered him "Bantustans". How should I respond when leftists make such arguments?" 

This looks similar to stuff that was probably asked previously or that has been asked before on the forum.  I'm sure there are some people who would be able to answer this quesition.

I say Kadima is leftist as they're advocating a disastrous policy and aren't thinking of the disasterous consequences. 

It would need to be explained how any time Israel has made unnecessary concessions,  the results have been an increase in the level of terrorism against Israel. 

Israel doesn't owe any concessions. 

Kadima nor other liberal parties shouldn't be part of the government as they aren't serious enough about Israel's security.

Also, the other Daniel copied your question.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:36:36 AM by RationalThought110 »

OZ77

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:16:47 AM »
I think I once asked Chaim how often does he go on vacations, he never does!
which is a shame, he should really allow himself to travel once in a while...

:-\

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »
I think I once asked Chaim how often does he go on vacations, he never does!
which is a shame, he should really allow himself to travel once in a while...

:-\

He's currently banned from his the place where he wants to go so he probably doesn't see a need to travel.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »
well, we should go from an avg of 40 questions a week to a cap of 20..

but also, chaim does get too repetative...and does repeat himself a lot...he can have shorter shows if he doesn't keep repeating points we all know already.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:20 PM »
Chaim's health and Aliyah campaign have to come first, so I would understand if he took some time off.  Of course, I'm sure we would all miss the shows though. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:11:31 PM »
What did Chaim say in response to Lubab? 

Does Chaim just respond to the questions or does he also talk about something that occurred recently? 

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »

Does Chaim just respond to the questions or does he also talk about something that occurred recently? 

Thank G-d he said he will take off a few weeks from doing the shows most likely to focus on his campaign to get into Israel.

He said he would've done it sooner but he can't bear to disappoint you guys!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:41:16 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »
He needs a break, what is his livelihood?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:48:17 AM »
Chaim needs to start putting himself first and taking care of himself and not feeling the need to justify it. We are not going to be a mass movement if our leader is running himself into the ground with no breaks.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 04:11:13 AM »

Thank G-d he said he will take off a few weeks from doing the shows most likely to focus on his campaign to get into Israel.

He said he would've done it sooner but he can't bear to disappoint you guys!

I think he should have started a break the first Sunday (a couple days afterward) after Rosh Hashanah. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »
If you want to limit the number of questions, how about we go through the question and see if there is anyone on the forum who knows the answer so that would ensure that all the questions being asked would be ones that nobody else on the forum was able to answer for others.

For the next "Ask JTF", someone asked the following: 

"While you call Kadima a leftist party, many on the left say that it's a conservative party. These leftists say that the 5% (or whatever) that Kadima will keep in the West Bank will be used to expand settlements and hem in Arab villages and towns through a network of checkpoints and roads. The leftists say that this takes land from the Arabs and renders their independence into a sham. This argument was also used against South African apartheid and indeed Arafat once said that Barak had offered him "Bantustans". How should I respond when leftists make such arguments?" 

This looks similar to stuff that was probably asked previously or that has been asked before on the forum.  I'm sure there are some people who would be able to answer this quesition.

I say Kadima is leftist as they're advocating a disastrous policy and aren't thinking of the disasterous consequences. 

It would need to be explained how any time Israel has made unnecessary concessions,  the results have been an increase in the level of terrorism against Israel. 

Israel doesn't owe any concessions. 

Kadima nor other liberal parties shouldn't be part of the government as they aren't serious enough about Israel's security.

Also, the other Daniel copied your question.

I never "copied" dannycookie's question. This was a question I was thinking of posting for a very long time and posted it without looking at any of the other questions first. Danny brought this to my attention afterwards, but we decided to keep both of our questions posted.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »
Everyone should take a break now and then. I wish Chaim well, if he must take some time off, for his benefit, I would agree.
No peace, without FREEDOM.