Author Topic: Huge mistakes in the movie The 10 Commandments(Name more if you can)  (Read 1622 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
This movie made so many mistakes first Moses was NOT the son of Hebrew slaves because he was a Levite & the Levites were the only tribe that were not slaves,next Moses's mother's name was not Yoshabell it was Yocheved,nextPharoah's daughter's name was not Bithya it was Batya,next Jethro's daughter who became Mose's wife's name was not Zephera it was Tzipora,next Dathan was neither the governor of Goshen nor a taskmaster but was part of a rebellion against Moses's leadership & Aaaron's priesthood & last but not least the tablets did not have rounded tops they were cubical!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Huge mistakes in the movie The 10 Commandments(Name more if you can)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:31:20 PM »
This movie made so many mistakes first Moses was NOT the son of Hebrew slaves because he was a Levite & the Levites were the only tribe that were not slaves,next Moses's mother's name was not Yoshabell it was Yocheved,nextPharoah's daughter's name was not Bithya it was Batya,next Jethro's daughter who became Mose's wife's name was not Zephera it was Tzipora,next Dathan was neither the governor of Goshen nor a taskmaster but was part of a rebellion against Moses's leadership & Aaaron's priesthood & last but not least the tablets did not have rounded tops they were cubical!!!

Well, if they remade it today, Moses would be transgender, his parents would be lesbians, and the Pharaoh would be a Trump supporter.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »
Well, if they remade it today, Moses would be transgender, his parents would be lesbians, and the Pharaoh would be a Trump supporter.
For sure or Moshe would be a schvartzer

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 02:47:01 AM »
Torah was given in the day, not night. The movie makes people imagine the Torah from the way it was seen in the movie. I never saw the whole movie form beginning to end. I always saw it from the middle to the end on TV. It was too much when I was younger and it seems to play on Yom Tov or Shabbat now so sometimes I see it after Shabbat or Yom Tov.

It also doesn't mention the Sin of the Spies and makes it seem like the Jews wandered for 40 years because of the Golden Calf. It doesn't put the first Yom Kippur. It just goes from the Golden Calf directly to the end of Moses's life. People like Joe Gutfeld are confused by this. I remember he cursed Moses years ago and thought Moses was lost in the Desert and that he should have married Pharaoh's daughter. I reminded Chaim of it when years later, he asked on Ask JTF about "Joshua after Moses broke the Tablets". His whole knowledge of Tanach is from the movie. He doesn't know about the Books of Torah and the Book of Joshua.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 03:07:02 AM »

Everyone would be and the plagues would be people stepping into their safe spaces.

I hate that all those Xtian understandings of it put Jews in ragged clothes, Hashem kept them fresh.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 03:24:08 AM »
I read that people accuse the movie of white washing. I guess they use the Hitler/AOC definition of white, that Middle Eastern isn't white enough. Hitler hated people that weren't white enough to him. AOC likes people she claims aren't white and calls them "of color". I don't know if she claims they are black but I guess they think "of color" means not white, even though that term is another way of calling someone black or colored (as in the NAACP). I don't know what race AOC thinks Middle Eastern people are. If someone is not white, then they would be black, Oriental, or Australoid. You can't accuse someone of being non-white without proof that they belong to one of the three other races since there are only four human races. But AOC has an affirmative action level knowledge of geography so that doesn't surprise me.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 04:48:45 AM »
Already in Spielbergs 'The Prince of Egypt" he is depicted as black as well as the Egyptians.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 04:10:42 PM »
Spielberg made the Hebrews overly dark, but not black.

One thing to keep in mind is that modern liberalism believes that victimhood is entirely dependent on race, and nothing else.  Therefore, they need to make the evil 'white overlords' the smallest percentage possible.  So they encourage people who are cuban, argentinian, mid-eastern, Armenian, etc to all think of themselves as POC.   They also push the same thing for people who are half, or even 3/4 white, that they are POC too.

And there are some idiotic young people who follow this... including lots of wannabee Liz Warrens.