Author Topic: The EU plans a great big poll about the "racial" background of EU-citzens  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I read in the newspaper before some months Iran made this suggestion too. Every non-muslimes should wear yellow rags on their clothes, because in this way, everybody can be "extra carefull" with them. I will boycott this poll definitely. I dont want to have at the end of this process a stamp with a C in my passport. Somebody must stop them! >:(

No let up in fight against racial discrimination
Women’s rights/Equal opportunities - 27-09-2007 - 12:46

The European Parliament adopted an own-initiative report on the application of the Racial Equality Directive of 2000 with 500 votes in favour, 46 against and 24 abstentions. MEPs believe more needs to be done to implement the directive in full, notably on issues such as legal redress, the burden of proof in racial discrimination cases, awareness-raising, data collection and the independence of anti-discrimination bodies.

Directive 2000/43/EC (see link below), known as the Racial Equality Directive, was due to be implemented by all Member States by 19 July 2003.  The directive was revolutionary at the time of its adoption because it did not limit protection against discrimination to the area of employment but also covers social security, education and access to housing.

However, according to the draft report of the Civil Liberties Committee, authored by Kathalijne Buitenweg (Greens/EFA, NL), questions remain as to the directive's real impact.

Not all Member States have fully implemented it in their national law.  Not many cases are brought to court, which the rapporteur believes may be due to the length and complexity of the procedures.   Proving discrimination is notoriously difficult, and the directive's rules on the burden of proof have not been properly applied in some Member States.

Data on race and ethnicity - a useful tool, despite concerns

The collecting of sensitive data, which could be needed to establish indirect discrimination or to assess the extent of discrimination in society, continues to raise concerns and fears in many Member States.  The committee "underlines that additional guarantees should be provided for data on race and ethnicity, as these data could be diverted and used for other purposes in the justice and home affairs field" but it does believe such data - for example, statistics on racist crime and on employment - are needed as a tool to combat discrimination.

Moreover, the report urges the EU institutions "to continue to use the situation of ethnic minorities, particularly women and minors, in applicant countries as a criterion for the purpose of assessing preparedness for accession to the European Union".

Independence and funding of equality bodies

Although nearly all Member States now have bodies responsible for equality issues, the report questions whether all such bodies will be able to carry out their functions independently as required by the directive, and whether these bodies have sufficient funding to operate effectively.  MEPs believe the Commission can play a role in monitoring the independence of these bodies.

Source: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/expert/infopress_page/014-10650-267-09-39-902-20070823IPR09793-24-09-2007-2007-false/default_en.htm
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:34:54 AM by Goldfasan »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
 The dhimmi greens will soon have Jews and Christians wearing Stars and Crossess
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Stop this abhorent comie fetus born out of the rape of Europe done by of nazi Germany in WWII; before it pull out another holocaust:

the report urges the EU institutions "to continue to use the situation of ethnic minorities, particularly women and minors, in applicant countries as a criterion for the purpose of assessing preparedness for accession to the European Union".

Since when women who're mayority in Europe are ethnic minority? Why EU must emulate stupid US race laws?

Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
EUROPE SHOULD BE SAVED FROM ISLAM EVEN IF THEY DON'NT WANT TO,WE NEED A NEW JAN SOBIESKI
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03