Author Topic: Good tv show  (Read 976 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Good tv show
« on: January 08, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »
Well if you were smart enough to shut off all business the left could get to in America when Cruz lost like I did, you probably have everything locked down and lots of free time. One tv show I found to be completely art, even when it dabbles in politics only dealing with common-sense moral issues was the Canadian made Stargate Atlantis SG-1. The sci-fi genre isn't for everyone, but they make it serious and deal with interesting issues. At least up to the third season, there's 5 and I didn't see everything, but unlike everything today, it was really designed to be as entertaining as possible and almost not at all political propaganda.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Good tv show
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:34 AM »
Oh yeah I remembered the other day that the Russia collusion investigations were shut off when it became obvious that it served to help Trump beat Cruz in the primary only. I didn't need all that government fakery to tell me 6000 random new web news pages posted in every right wing group on facebook all day from clearly fake accounts, and facebook would block you when you replied to them. There was always the question of why Facebook was helping the Russians, and the endless mouth-foaming from RT about how America has entirely descended into anarchy and chaos make it obvious now. Trump could not have empowered the leftist attempts at social upheaval more, and all they need to do is paint the right as crazy anarchists to justify commie lies matter riots x1000, and a hundred other more problematic things. The scale of what is happening right now is out of reach for myself included in most, but I think we just witnessed the commie kamikaze bomb, there is a power vacuum on the right. The leftist tactic historically would be to crush it as much as possible and scoop up what remains into groups they control.

The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:18:48 PM »
My picks are the Chicago shows, Fire, Med and PD.  As well as Blue Bloods.

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 12:23:37 PM »
Oh man... I love TV shows. I watch a lot of them. A lot. My favorite are English sitcoms.

My all time favorite TV shows ever are these three:

Inspector Montalbano: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0920489/

Not a sitcom. Italian crime, mystery, drama. But actually the most about the life in Sicily. Based on the novel, every episode represents one book, so it lasts about 90 minutes. About 2-4 episodes per season. The quality is the highest class possible. It made me an Italianophile. Thank God the writer is stil alive and stil writing Montalbano novels (and new episodes based on them are made). He is over 90 years old.

Then thare is a pre-sequel - The Young Montalbano: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2259665/

Happenes about 10 or so years before the Inspector Montalbano. It tells how it all started, when he had become a Police Commissioner in Vigata (a fictional town in south of Sicily). The actors are completelly different, of course, but are so good, that you are watching them and they are other people, but you see them as the same caracters from the original series. They act so good, that you actually see them as the young caracters of the Inspector Montalbano. (You get the point) The same quality as original. It is just amazing. You can watch it after you wacth all episodes of Inspector Montalbano, or you can watch it before. It makes no difference. It is just incredible. I watch all episodes of Motalbano, then watch all episodes of the Young Montalbano, then the Inspector Montalbano again, like an infinite loop. I can do that all year. One episode a day, of course. In the evening, before bed.

Only Fols and Horses... : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081912/

The best sitcom ever made. English one, of course. It is a classic sitcom, but you can relate to the caracters and the story. Basically a strugle beat poverty. Shows the life in the east of London.

Copy-paste from imdb:
"Comedy that follows two brothers from London's rough Peckham estate as they wheel and deal through a number of dodgy deals and search for the big score that'll make them millionaires."

Of course, I watched a lot (a lot) of English sitcoms, and can name you like 30 good ones.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.