Yes.
19 (38.8%)
No.
25 (51%)
I'm not sure.
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 16, 2009, 11:33:47 AM

Author Topic: What Do You All Think Of Halloween?  (Read 44781 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Should Halloween be banned?
« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »
We go out right after school.  I don't take bullcat jr. out after it's dark.
 :o  It was a beauftiful afternoon.  Then we come home and hand out our candy.  8;)  

I had a Jehovah Witness ask me what Thanksgiving was.  I wanted to ask her what country she lived in.  You may not observe a holiday...that I understand but to be born and raised in the U.S. - you definitely know there is a Thanksgiving Holiday. I gave her the same advice you gave your Jehovah Witness  ;) CJD.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2007, 09:49:15 PM »
We go out right after school.  I don't take bullcat jr. out after it's dark.
 :o  It was a beauftiful afternoon.  Then we come home and hand out our candy.  8;) 

I had a G-d Witness ask me what Thanksgiving was.  I wanted to ask her what country she lived in.  You may not observe a holiday...that I understand but to be born and raised in the U.S. - you definitely know there is a Thanksgiving Holiday. I gave her the same advice you gave your G-d Witness  ;) CJD.

Yes them filthy proselytizers only bring out the best in people. They should read the old book How to Win over Friends and Influence people before going around. It was a nice day here on Long Island and the kids and their parents were having a great time going around from house to house trick or treating. Its a great way to meet the neighbors ::) Whats wrong with that?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:59:32 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2007, 11:06:30 PM »
  The more you  ban things the more power you give them...think prohibition, or marijuana laws..............lead by example, if everyone did there would be no problems.......

Brujas  >:( :::D
Follow the logic a bit further, let's legalise murder, so that it's no longer "underground", and so less people will do it...

Murder is a crime, Halloween is not.

In Australian States where prostitution was legalised, the results were positive. When it was illegal, it still took place, but it was the domain of underworld criminals, organised crime and drug dealers. Women could also be forced into it with little legal recourse. Women were being murdered all the time because they were forced (by law) to work alone.

Since legalisation and regulation, the crims are (for the most part) out. The women are much safer (being allowed to work in company or hire security) and the industry is heavily regulated with strict health checks and non-residential area zoning.

Kiwi

« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2007, 11:09:20 PM »
  The more you  ban things the more power you give them...think prohibition, or marijuana laws..............lead by example, if everyone did there would be no problems.......

Follow the logic a bit further, let's legalise murder, so that it's no longer "underground", and so less people will do it...

Murder is a crime, Halloween is not.

In Australian States where prostitution was legalised, the results were positive. When it was illegal, it still took place, but it was the domain of underworld criminals, organised crime and drug dealers. Women could also be forced into it with little legal recourse. Women were being murdered all the time because they were forced (by law) to work alone.

Since legalisation and regulation, the crims are (for the most part) out. The women are much safer (being allowed to work in company or hire security) and the industry is heavily regulated with strict health checks and non-residential area zoning.

And if they are not 100% healthy they get medical care.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2007, 06:55:11 AM »

Drugs are NOT like murder, drugs are going to happen WHATEVER the law on them is. It would be safer to legalize and therefore control the quality of drugs. Murder, on the other hand would occur left right and centre if it were legal. Look at smoking, it is a good thing that it is legal. The addicts get their fix, smoking is (relatively) safe due to the manufacture being controlled by the government, not everyone smokes (only idiots). But these idiots are not endangering their life (on the short term).

Offline DigitalPhoto

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2008, 05:36:40 AM »
Halloween is a pagan holiday worse than valentines day.  Halloween is one holiday I am looking into a small bit, but due to my need to know what it is all about I, in the future, will dig deeper into it.  I want to dig deep into it to teach the truth of it.  I know there is a lot about the holiday that is very frightening, and I have been informed that it is worse, so I will be studying it more and update everyone on it and hopefully many will turn away from the holiday.

Digital Photo

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
Halloween is a pagan holiday worse than valentines day.  Halloween is one holiday I am looking into a small bit, but due to my need to know what it is all about I, in the future, will dig deeper into it.  I want to dig deep into it to teach the truth of it.  I know there is a lot about the holiday that is very frightening, and I have been informed that it is worse, so I will be studying it more and update everyone on it and hopefully many will turn away from the holiday.

Digital Photo
It is a fact that the origins of a lot of European holidays aren't Jewish.
So what?
They are holidays of the original Europeans, that weren't rooted out by the Church.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »
This topic has been brought up again?  If I did this, I will get blasted for it.

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2008, 03:48:50 PM »
Banning it would be like them banning cigarettes, its a right for people to do it and if people want to hand out candy, all the power to them. Its just a fun little holiday that is now part of capitalism, so if your against Halloween your against Capitalism.

Kiwi

« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2008, 08:01:57 PM »
Banning it would be like them banning cigarettes, its a right for people to do it and if people want to hand out candy, all the power to them. Its just a fun little holiday that is now part of capitalism, so if your against Halloween your against Capitalism.

They have banned many things to do with cigarettes here  :(