Author Topic: Jewish Heavyweight boxing champ  (Read 1488 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Jewish Heavyweight boxing champ
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:41:03 AM »
Did anyone ever hear of the Jerwish boxer,  Roman Greenberg?  He's 6 foot three and 240 pounds.  His record is 26 wins and 0 losses.  He's a professional heavyweight boxer.  He just fought and won again.  He beat Damon Reed.  This guy can hit, there's some videos of his knockout punches on Utube.  Angelo Dundee said that Roman Greenberg has the fastest hands since Muhamed Ali.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Jewish Heavyweight boxing champ
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »
Yes, I have followed his career.  He has some good skills, but has been handled very carefully by his managers and trainers.  They do not want to risk putting him up against very dangerous opponents unless he gets a big pay day and a shot at one of the big titles.  He's been around for quite a while actually.  The nice thing is he appears to be proud about his heritage and even wears a Jewish Star on his trunks.  He has lived in Israel and England, and is originally from Russia.  Hope he does eventually become Undisputed World Champ.  It would be a proud day for Jews everywhere.  However, I am a little skeptical because he has yet to fight any really good opponents. 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:47:18 AM »

No first I've heard of him, I'll look him up.

Breaking my heart, my father who died a couple of years ago loved boxing, and a religious man, he would have absolutely adored the idea of a Jewish heavyweight boxing champ.  :)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:52:42 AM »
Roman Greenberg has tremendous power.  Did you see his upper cut, knocked one guy out cold. He has knockout power with both hands

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »
He has speed and strenght but something is missing ,i think if he trained in the U.S. he would be much better.He's a bit lazy in the ring
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 10:14:24 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »
The Russians are the best fighters in the world right now.I have heard about him.My son is a great amateur boxer.I love boxing.Max Shmelling beat that nazi superman to death.Did your dad like him?
wayne jude