Poll

Should Valentine's Day be banned?

Yes, for everyone.
7 (31.8%)
Yes, for Jews and Noahides.
2 (9.1%)
It should have pagan routes such as Cupid removed and made into a real Christian holiday emphasizing St. Valentine but be banned for Non-Christians.
0 (0%)
No.
13 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should Valentine's Day be banned?  (Read 23759 times)

Just Erica

Re: Should Valentine's Day be banned?
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »
Well for all you misery guts, I had a great Valentines day, got flowers, one box of chocolates, and a lovely meal out in an Italian restaurant.

WHOOHOO!!! Chocolates ROCK!I got a beautiful card and a HUGE heart filled with candy and a wonderful hug and kiss. It was also great to see my little one go around to all of her sisters bedrooms and tell them "Happy Valentine's Day, Big Sister!" lol And she nuzzled dad...that melted my heart! :D My husband bought all of the girls heart-shaped boxes of candy also.

You remind me of the affirmative action schvartza I saw on the bus today. He was telling everyone "Happy Valentine's Day" on his phone and he had such a moronic voice. He was so ugly missing many teeth. It was unbelievable. And the other blacks on the bus were also acting people with the moronic childish disgusting laughing.

Get that chip off of your shoulder, Yacov. Only You and a few others here are pitiful enough to take a nice post and make it seem like a ebonics ridden message. Don't hate me or that guy on the bus because we're happy. This is exactly what I'm talking about. "We don't hate blacks because of their appearance" but you insult a happy black man because he had missing teeth and then had the nerve to call him ugly. I'll bet no one can smile around you without a GOOD reason.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
Re:  "...Yacov: <<  I just don't understand why people celebrate things of pagan origin..."

Many brilliant books have been written dealing with this exact question, from the perspective of the modern sciences of psychology and psychiatry.

It seems that there are many "themes" dwelling deep within the most hidden recesses of humankind's collective subconcious minds.

These psychological "themes" have long been repressed by the demands made on us by modern lifestyles, yet the same basic "animalian" type of thoughts/impulses remain within all of us.

Most of them are made manifest and reoccur in the various mythologies and cosmological explanations of nations and peoples worldwide.

It is generally accepted today by scientists who study behavior that these "universal" subconcious links to our primordial history, always repressed, are "triggered" by various cultural stimuli, at which time they overpower our reasoning and cause us to revert back to our primordial memories.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
So what happened for "valentine's" day? Was it banned this year?   ;)

I again did not celebrate it since I don't believe in it. Yey to me!  O0

Nope not banned  O0 O0 O0

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2008, 04:00:02 AM »
Yacov: <<  I just don't understand why people celebrate things of pagan origin. Everyone here would be against celebrating things of Muslim origin so why should pagan things be any different?

It should only be celebrated by Christians as a religious Christian holiday without the pagan Cupid. Why do they forget the St. in St. Valentine's Day. It's just like they have Christian commercials around Christmas saying that Christians should put the Christ back in Christmas.

It's also similar to how Christians get drunk and have wild immodest parties for the Christian New Year rather than going to Church.>>

I understand your critique on this matter, Yacov.

But , study some more on the history of the Church - its early history around 200-300 AD,
the role it played around 1100 AD, the power it had untill 1950, and in what state it is now.

You will quickly find out that:

Catholicism, or even Protestantism in Western Europe , has lost its moral power over the people.
The morals are now being thaught by the liberal marxist mass media.

So you refer to these Christians ,  but in reality, most of them are atheists today.

It is actually rather irrelevant what the Churches say nowdays here,
as they hold less moral and earthly power, than the emerging mosques do.

So you agree with me that the liberalism in Europe is a problem. Going back to Europe's pagan routes is just a symptom of this problem.

Not  completely. I agree that liberalism is a problem in the whole Western World. including Israel.

Going back to our roots is good. We want to defend our ethnic, religious and cultural identities.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

newman

« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »
Not  completely. I agree that liberalism is a problem in the whole Western World. including Israel.

Going back to our roots is good. We want to defend our ethnic, religious and cultural identities.

I'm with you.

If you think about it, an enlightened, non-nazi nationalist ,pagan europe would be superior to the leftist, self-hating, semi-christian europe we have today.