Poll

Which of these do you refrain from?

Pre and non-marital hugging.
13 (19.4%)
Pre and non-marital kissing (Including on the cheek.).
11 (16.4%)
Pre-marital sex.
22 (32.8%)
Shaking hands with an attractive member of the opposite sex who is not your spouse.
7 (10.4%)
None of the above.
14 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?  (Read 52044 times)

admin

To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?
« on: October 09, 2007, 02:03:28 PM »
I don't hug, kiss, or have sex with a woman I'm not married to and if she's attractive, it's also better not to shake her hand.

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
Re: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »
I've had several mystical experiences with sex throughout my life.

Sex should not be fooled with except within the context of holy marrage.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »
I try to get the women but i fail so for me this question n/a :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 02:21:31 PM »

None of the above. Life is to short.  :)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
I try to get the women but i fail so for me this question n/a :::D

Same for me but if I could get a woman, I would still refrain until marriage.

Well i'm refraining under duress
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 02:39:23 PM »

Lost count on how many women there's been since I was 17. 8;)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »
I don't hug, kiss, or have sex with a woman I'm not married to and if she's attractive, it's also better not to shake her hand.

Yes it's more elegent to his their hands not shake them; bloody feminazists.::) 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 04:02:44 PM »
I said none of the above, but I am Shomer Negia to this extent:  I will never extend a hand, but if a woman who is not Shomer Negia extends her hand, I will usually shake it.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 04:07:27 PM »
So you don't extend a hand but you do have sex?

I hope that was a joke.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »
You said none of the above. You could have clicked up to 4 choices, including no pre-marital sex.
Woops!  I didn't see it said "refrain from."  Can I take back my vote?

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 04:17:53 PM »
You said none of the above. You could have clicked up to 4 choices, including no pre-marital sex.
Woops!  I didn't see it said "refrain from."  Can I take back my vote?

I got the same problem as you.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »
to each their own...

If i could teach anythign to my children, I would recommend that they avoid premarital sex...and if it meant building a fence in the sense of being shomer negia, I would have to talk it over with my wife...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:11:26 PM »
R' Carlebach hugged women. The Taz says there is no problem with touching a women ( for instance shaking hands) if there is nothing sexual about it.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 05:28:22 PM »
I avoid ALL these behaviours , but only if the woman is married, or if she is Jewish (since I am a Goy). I also avoid all of the above with women who belong to any ethnical group which forbids intermarriage, Gypsyes for instance. Regarding other Goyshe single women, I am not very carefull, I must say.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
I practice it by not discussing it openly.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
Yacov, is it possible to remove a vote like you can a post?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »

I propose that all virgins don't have the right to vote on this subject. If you've never had sex then you have no idea what you are talking about and have no experience to draw from. For f***s sake some of you haven't even made out with a girl!? So head out, hook up, live a little, then come back and you can vote.    8;)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »

I propose that all virgins don't have the right to vote on this subject. If you've never had sex then you have no idea what you are talking about and have no experience to draw from. For f***s sake some of you haven't even made out with a girl!? So head out, hook up, live a little, then come back and you can vote.    8;)

come on..that's not cool...Some people are religious and truely practice these behviors..

SOme others use religiousity as an excuse because of the fear of rejection.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »
I propose that all virgins don't have the right to vote on this subject. If you've never had sex then you have no idea what you are talking about and have no experience to draw from. For f***s sake some of you haven't even made out with a girl!? So head out, hook up, live a little, then come back and you can vote.

This is not the place to be encouraging fornication!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 10:19:52 PM »
I propose that all virgins don't have the right to vote on this subject. If you've never had sex then you have no idea what you are talking about and have no experience to draw from. For f***s sake some of you haven't even made out with a girl!? So head out, hook up, live a little, then come back and you can vote.

This is not the place to be encouraging fornication!

Really? I tought everyone here is an adult.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 10:24:49 PM »
We have teenaged members like FTF, Sarah and Dexter. 

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »
We have teenaged members like FTF, Sarah and Dexter. 

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 
Lisa is right lets try to keep it to a reasonable level. If our younger members are trying to do the right thing we should be encouraging them not leading them astray.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »
I'm in mord's boat, I'm practicing sexual modesty but only under duress at this point.  I simply don't have the time for it.  As soon as I'll have the opportunity, I'll take it, Jew or not. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 10:54:17 PM »
I try my best to avoid tempting situations.