Poll

Which of these do you refrain from?

Pre and non-marital hugging.
13 (19.4%)
Pre and non-marital kissing (Including on the cheek.).
11 (16.4%)
Pre-marital sex.
22 (32.8%)
Shaking hands with an attractive member of the opposite sex who is not your spouse.
7 (10.4%)
None of the above.
14 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?  (Read 51711 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2007, 01:15:45 PM »

Well, you all knock yourselves out with that celibacy stuff, good luck with that.  :::D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:24:12 PM by NewYorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »
The hugging, kissing and hand shaking taboos are only a part of Hasidim. They're perfectly acceptable in other demoninations.

This is a false statement. If you are going to bring a statement like that then please back it up with Halahic proof, Im no Mr. perfect but writing wronge Halahic statements should be countered by any Jew who hears or sees it.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

ftf

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »
The hugging, kissing and hand shaking taboos are only a part of Hasidim. They're perfectly acceptable in other demoninations.

This is a false statement. If you are going to bring a statement like that then please back it up with Halahic proof, Im no Mr. perfect but writing wronge Halahic statements should be countered by any Jew who hears or sees it.
Tzvi, as far as I can see, what Barach is saying is that there is no scriptural references to hugging, kissing and handshaking being forbidden, hence there are no applicable verses to be quoted.

I'm not trying to take any kind of side in this argument, I am not a Jew and therefore know very little about Jewish teaching.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »

Tzvi, as far as I can see, what Barach is saying is that there is no scriptural references to hugging, kissing and handshaking being forbidden, hence there are no applicable verses to be quoted.

I'm not trying to take any kind of side in this argument, I am not a Jew and therefore know very little about Jewish teaching.

According to the Rambam its assur from the Torah. Not Hasidut.

http://dailyhalacha.com/displayRead.asp?readID=586&txtSearch=kissing

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »
We have teenaged members like FTF, Sarah and Dexter. 

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 

It shouldn't be allowed for people of any age. Only sex in marriage should be encouraged.

Ah shaddup, what do you know about it!?  ;D

;)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Erica

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 

It shouldn't be allowed for people of any age. Only sex in marriage should be encouraged.

Yacov, I don't think you should tell people what they can or can't do in their own personal lives on their own personal time. No one is going to judge you for remaining a virgin until marriage, for it is admirable, however its not right for you to determine what is right or wrong for someone to do; especially where their own relationships are concerned.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »
But he is right Erika,According to the Torah and the same for us Christians.Disobedience ;) is wrong.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2007, 05:30:27 PM »

Yacov, I don't think you should tell people what they can or can't do in their own personal lives on their own personal time. No one is going to judge you for remaining a virgin until marriage, for it is admirable, however its not right for you to determine what is right or wrong for someone to do; especially where their own relationships are concerned.

According to the Torah Bible and Christian Bible it is a grave sin that cannot be considered. It IS wrong. Even Noachides should not commit sexual sins.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »
Nations fall for less.example   Rome

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2007, 05:37:34 PM »
Half of Roman men were Homosexuals.

Erica

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »
But he is right Erika,According to the Torah and the same for us Christians.Disobedience ;) is wrong.
God gave us Christians free will, sarah. Not every Christian who loves God is going to choose what is good for them all of the time because they're human. Its also said that even married people shouldn't use contraception because of the idea that we're supposed to procreate....not do 'anything' for sheer pleasure with our spouses. (Again trying not to be too descriptive.) Those who follow the Torah and Bible to the letter should be commended. However, I love the verse in the Bible which says "Judge not lest ye be judged." Decisions that are good for some shouldn't be the deciding factor on what others choose to do with their lives, especially if they're not hurting anyone.

Erica

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2007, 05:48:19 PM »

According to the Torah Bible and Christian Bible it is a grave sin that cannot be considered. It IS wrong. Even Noachides should not commit sexual sins.
THe wonderful thing about God is that he allows us to make mistakes and encourages us to come to him for forgiveness. He's not a one-sided God. Those who feel the need to repent after having sex before marriage will be forgiven by God. They can't be forgiven by man, because he has no power over someone who is equal to him.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »
Yes but if a man/woman intentionally goes out to practice sex outside of marriage thinking they can repent after they've indulged in illegal pleasure, thats wrong! God is the most Merciful but he forgives our mistakes and after one has committed a mistake he should learn from it and never repeat.

Erica

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
Yes but if a man/woman intentionally goes out to practice sex outside of marriage thinking they can repent after they've indulged in illegal pleasure, thats wrong! G-d is the most Merciful but he forgives our mistakes and after one has committed a mistake he should learn from it and never repeat.
Which is my point,  Sarah. WHatever a couple does, married or not, should be between them and God. I don't know about you but I don't have a heaven or hell to place sinners in. I'm human just like the rest of the population. No one is perfect.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2007, 05:53:50 PM »
These things are not to be mentioned among us. FOR us to allow such is wrong.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »
Yes but if a man/woman intentionally goes out to practice sex outside of marriage thinking they can repent after they've indulged in illegal pleasure, thats wrong! G-d is the most Merciful but he forgives our mistakes and after one has committed a mistake he should learn from it and never repeat.
Which is my point,  Sarah. WHatever a couple does, married or not, should be between them and G-d. I don't know about you but I don't have a heaven or hell to place sinners in. I'm human just like the rest of the population. No one is perfect.

Yeah I completely agree with that.
I actually thought that you were saying, its Ok to have sex out of marriage if you repent for it afterwards, my bad sorry. :)

However Yacov is right in saying that it shouldn't be allowed, because it isn't. That doesn't stop you from doing it though, its just not allowed.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2007, 06:12:40 PM »
Which is my point,  Sarah. WHatever a couple does, married or not, should be between them and G-d. I don't know about you but I don't have a heaven or hell to place sinners in. I'm human just like the rest of the population. No one is perfect.
Well - it is very important - almost a life and death issue in today's world to encourage abstinence outside of marriage...especially when discussing the options with young people.  That is the only true way to prevent unwanted pregnancy and disease.  Humans Beings will do what they will and God may offer forgiveness but arming young people with knowledge/morals may save their life...in more ways then one.  
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2007, 06:17:01 PM »
Good answers ladies!Good women are so rare today. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »

Where is the Halachic proof that we need to refrain from any physical contact from members of the opposite sex, including shaking hands. From my understanding, there is nothing explicitly stated in the Halacha about Shomer Negia requirements.

ftf

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »
Rather than shouting, can someone quote the bible verses that say that one should not kiss or hug outside of marriage. Anyone find the verses prohibiting sex outside of marriage, but I have never seen any prohibiting either of the other two things being here discussed.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »
To Daniel and FTF- I have allready posted it.

"According to the Rambam its assur from the Torah. Not Hasidut.

http://dailyhalacha.com/displayRead.asp?readID=586&txtSearch=kissing "

kellymaureen

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »
Been divorced for a few years and have been practicing since then ::)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2007, 06:38:09 PM »
Good and IT should stay that way.Good for you! :) O0

kellymaureen

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »
Well the choices I make arent just for me anymore, so I have to be careful with them ;)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »
For your son?