Poll

Which of these do you refrain from?

Pre and non-marital hugging.
13 (19.4%)
Pre and non-marital kissing (Including on the cheek.).
11 (16.4%)
Pre-marital sex.
22 (32.8%)
Shaking hands with an attractive member of the opposite sex who is not your spouse.
7 (10.4%)
None of the above.
14 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?  (Read 52554 times)

kellymaureen

Re: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »
Absolutely, he always comes first in everything i do.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
Thats great. You're a really sweet person KellyMaureen.

kellymaureen

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »
Thanks, you'll understand that feeling when youre a mother O0

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »
  How old is your son Kelly?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

kellymaureen

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »
Hes 11, his name is Adam

Yes from everything ;)

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »
  wow!!! congratulations on that!!!! kids are the greatest tresor in the world!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

kellymaureen

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »
No I dont go as far as the shaking hands thing, I have to shake hands with men during the work day, and I dont see anything wrong with shaking hands.  Most of my friends are men, so I am very comfortable with men, I hug my friends.

kellymaureen

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 07:54:51 PM »
Sure, like I would kiss a relative, on the cheek.
Administrator for a security company, I work with mostly men.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
Sound interesting :)!

kellymaureen

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 08:07:08 PM »
I dont see anything wrong with a kiss on the cheek.....and if I had sexual thoughts about my male friends..they wouldnt be my friends any longer, you cant have those feelings for friends and still remain friends.  Luckily we are all entitled to live our lives as we see fit in the US ;)  Ive lived my life to this point with few regrets, Im content.

Erica

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
These things are not to be mentioned among us. FOR us to allow such is wrong.
Sidebar (sort of) Racism is wrong on EVERY level but people still do it. There are some things you can't stop people from doing.

Erica

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2007, 08:25:08 PM »
Rather than shouting, can someone quote the bible verses that say that one should not kiss or hug outside of marriage. Anyone find the verses prohibiting sex outside of marriage, but I have never seen any prohibiting either of the other two things being here discussed.
There is a Bible verse that says we shouldn't fornicate. I can't remember where it is though. I must grab my Bible for the next responses.

Erica

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
I dont see anything wrong with a kiss on the cheek.....and if I had sexual thoughts about my male friends..they wouldnt be my friends any longer, you cant have those feelings for friends and still remain friends.  Luckily we are all entitled to live our lives as we see fit in the US ;)  Ive lived my life to this point with few regrets, Im content.
Great post, Kellymaureen. :)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »
Kelly im with you, you sound typically Black...NO controls ,Just live!

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »
The hugging, kissing and hand shaking taboos are only a part of Hasidim. They're perfectly acceptable in other demoninations.

This is a false statement. If you are going to bring a statement like that then please back it up with Halahic proof, Im no Mr. perfect but writing wronge Halahic statements should be countered by any Jew who hears or sees it.
Hasidim is a practice of having the furthest possible restrictions to help in preventing the breaking of any Jewish laws. Hasidic Jews do not kiss, hug or shake hands with the strange women to avoid impure thoughts or worse. This is a sound idea and one I have great respect for.

However, Orthodox Jews can shake hands with strange women, just as long as it doesn't bring about impure thoughts. Orthodoxy is the most traditional of the demoninations, and abides by everything the Torah commands, nothing more, nothing less.

There is nothing strong with taking extra precautions or additional methods in abiding by Jewish law. Those who take these extra precautions wouldn't be considered to be breaking Orthodoxy tradition. If one wants to not shake hands with strange women, as to avoid impure thoughts than it's not taboo. In fact it should be encouraged to be a careful as possible. That is why those who want to ensure their purity become a part of the Hasidic movement.

kellymaureen

« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
Thanks erica.

I have control, and a few regrets, but what can you do, move on and keep living ;)

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »
The hugging, kissing and hand shaking taboos are only a part of Hasidim. They're perfectly acceptable in other demoninations.

This is a false statement. If you are going to bring a statement like that then please back it up with Halahic proof, Im no Mr. perfect but writing wronge Halahic statements should be countered by any Jew who hears or sees it.
Tzvi, as far as I can see, what Barach is saying is that there is no scriptural references to hugging, kissing and handshaking being forbidden, hence there are no applicable verses to be quoted.

I'm not trying to take any kind of side in this argument, I am not a Jew and therefore know very little about Jewish teaching.

According to the Rambam its assur from the Torah. Not Hasidut.

http://dailyhalacha.com/displayRead.asp?readID=586&txtSearch=kissing

It's a Hasidic tradition.

Erica

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »
What in the ???  :o She sounds black because??? Kelly's picture is right next to her posts. Are you okay?

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »
We have teenaged members like FTF, Sarah and Dexter. 

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 

It shouldn't be allowed for people of any age. Only sex in marriage should be encouraged.

Yacov, I don't think you should tell people what they can or can't do in their own personal lives on their own personal time. No one is going to judge you for remaining a virgin until marriage, for it is admirable, however its not right for you to determine what is right or wrong for someone to do; especially where their own relationships are concerned.
As a good Jew it is his concern. Good Jews should encourage other Jews to follow Jewish law. Good Christians should encourage other Christians to follow the Christian bible's commands.

The Torah and the Christian bible decide what is taboo and what is not. How can one go against the word of G-d?

kellymaureen

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »
Lol I barely even tan, I burn, then have a little color for a day or so, I am as pale as they come ;D

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
I meant Erika u Erika have no control like a typical black!not you  b others good!
girl!

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »
What in the ???  :o She sounds black because??? Kelly's picture is right next to her posts. Are you okay?

Yeah, he's quite a cartoon character. I don't know if he's trying too hard or if he's really that lame.

Erica

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 

It shouldn't be allowed for people of any age. Only sex in marriage should be encouraged.

Yacov, I don't think you should tell people what they can or can't do in their own personal lives on their own personal time. No one is going to judge you for remaining a virgin until marriage, for it is admirable, however its not right for you to determine what is right or wrong for someone to do; especially where their own relationships are concerned.
As a good Jew it is his concern. Good Jews should encourage other Jews to follow Jewish law. Good Christians should encourage other Christians to follow the Christian bible's commands.

The Torah and the Christian bible decide what is taboo and what is not. How can one go against the word of G-d?
But if they don't listen to  him, or anyone else telling them about being sexually pure, he  shouldn't then, beat them over the head with it to make them choose the way he lives.

Erica

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2007, 08:48:27 PM »
I meant Erika u Erika have no control like a typical black!not you  b others good!
girl!
Your sentence is confusing... what are you saying, again?

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2007, 08:49:25 PM »

According to the Torah Bible and Christian Bible it is a grave sin that cannot be considered. It IS wrong. Even Noachides should not commit sexual sins.
THe wonderful thing about G-d is that he allows us to make mistakes and encourages us to come to him for forgiveness. He's not a one-sided G-d. Those who feel the need to repent after having sex before marriage will be forgiven by G-d. They can't be forgiven by man, because he has no power over someone who is equal to him.
G-d isn't so forgiving. If one commits murder, he will not forgive.

Yes, Christians are allowed to confess their sins to a priest or reverend, but that doesn't necessarily mean G-d will forgive them. It is a plea to G-d for forgiveness. Whether G-d decides to forgive that person cannot be discovered in life.

Jews have a chance to repent on Yom Kippur, but that doesn't mean G-d will forgive us for our sins. It is a plea for forgiveness.

Just like in court, a criminal can plea innocent, but that doesn't mean he will be found as such.