Poll

Is it okay?

Yes.
43 (71.7%)
No.
17 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Do You Think Pants Are Modest For Women?  (Read 130886 times)

admin

Do You Think Pants Are Modest For Women?
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »
I think they should only wear dresses and skirts.

Skirts are also very attractive because they are womanly.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:45:32 AM by Lisa »

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Is it okay for women to wear pants?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 04:16:53 PM »
yes and no; I agree on your points; but pants aren't immoral per se; but they're were intruduced by Germans ::); Ancient Israelite men didn't wear them too. 8;)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:50:12 PM »
to each their own...

But men shoudl not wear skirts or women's clothes...Women shoudl not wear suits..but pants are fashionable for both sexes.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »
to each their own...

But men shoudl not wear skirts or women's clothes...Women shoudl not wear suits..but pants are fashionable for both sexes.

I meant of course tunics or garbs (I  don't know English word for this) the Prophets from Tanath on all this fims wore not women's skirts.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »
No, I don't think women should wear pants. I agree that they look much more attractive without pants  :::D

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »
I wear pants. 

It all depends.  Sometimes skirts can be modest or immodest.  The same holds true for jeans.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:27:59 PM »
How would you be able to jump over walls, hop on a bike or even run, to your fullest potential!!

I think trousers/ jeans are fine since they've been designed for women especially and men have different cuts or styles, so they are different. Even in the case of suits, womens suits are feminine not manly! So everyone sticks to representing their own sex.

I wear skirts occasionally but I usually feel older then I am in them. Plus they're quite cold. ;D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »
I don't really care what they wear.

Offline croatian_girl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »
i cant believe you guys are discussing if pants are moral??? its 2007, its more comfortable than skirts sometimes and in all honesty, since in 2007 women work - pants are a much better option!

and p.s for someone up there who said men shouldnt wear skirts - skirts aka kilt - sound familiar?

newman

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 12:32:48 AM »
i cant believe you guys are discussing if pants are moral??? its 2007, its more comfortable than skirts sometimes and in all honesty, since in 2007 women work - pants are a much better option!

and p.s for someone up there who said men shouldnt wear skirts - skirts aka kilt - sound familiar?

I agree. Everybody should wear what they please within the bounds of decency.

kellymaureen

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 12:33:31 AM »
I wear jeans alot at home, they are comfortable and I live where its cold most of the year.
In the summer and spring I prefer dresses, in the fall, skirts with knee length boots.

But men shoudl not wear skirts

I quite like a scottish man in a kilt ;)

newman

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
I wear jeans alot at home, they are comfortable and I live where its cold most of the year.
In the summer and spring I prefer dresses, in the fall, skirts with knee length boots.

But men shoudl not wear skirts

I quite like a scottish man in a kilt ;)

Aye, yer a fine, wee lassie! ;)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »
I think nowadays it's perfectly fine for girls to wear pants.  Pants used to be worn only by men, but for the last 50 years most women wear them as well. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 12:43:43 AM »
I think nowadays it's perfectly fine for girls to wear pants.  Pants used to be worn only by men, but for the last 50 years most women wear them as well. 

I believe the Talmudic prohibition is not on pants for women, but on "women dressing like men". Given that women's pants are cut, styled and worn differently to men's pants, I can't see the problem

kellymaureen

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 12:49:52 AM »
lol, Kellymaureen! Kilts!

Lol...yes I really like that O0

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 12:51:26 AM »
It is all about intention, such as:

1) Women should not wear short skirts, since in 99% the intention is vulgar.
2) Women should not wear tight pants, since in 99% the intention is vulgar.

I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

newman

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:29 AM »

The question was about pants, not tight pants.

I'm sure orthodox Jewery would frown on men wearing pants so tight they displayed the outline of ones manhood.

What is the prohibition on women wearing loose slacks that are clearly a women's style of cut and fabric?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 01:00:33 AM »

I'm sure orthodox Jewery would frown on men wearing pants so tight they displayed the outline of ones manhood.

When Women wear pants, they always wear tight pants.

As far as men are concerned, only fruitcakes wear tight pants.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 01:45:56 AM »

What is the prohibition on women wearing loose slacks that are clearly a women's style of cut and fabric?

Since pants were invented relatively late in the history, Jewish men had never worn pants in the Ancient Land of Israel. Therefore we can't even say that pants are purely masculine type of clothing.

And thus, in addtion to the prohibition against unisex, the main rule here is the intention and reasonable approach.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Kiwi

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »
Theres a time and place to wear both.

Depends on what you are doing at the time  8;)

Offline croatian_girl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 01:59:55 AM »

"nice" choice of words for a man of homosexual nature... im sure you wouldn't appriciate somebody calling you a derrogatory jewish term :/

Joe Schmo

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 02:05:53 AM »
"nice" choice of words for a man of homosexual nature... im sure you wouldn't appriciate somebody calling you a derrogatory jewish term :/

I'm not Jewish, nor a fruitcake.

Offline croatian_girl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 02:11:52 AM »

Would you rather he just called them fags?

nice way to show your lack of regard for other human being.

Offline croatian_girl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 02:18:04 AM »

So when a homo dances around in the street with a pink thong, is that also regarding his fellow man (no pun intended)?

dude. i live in nyc for last 7 years and I havent seen one gay man prancing around in a pink thong in my life. and i lived in chealsea and village. do you even know a gay person? I think watching too much Tyra Banks show got to you

Offline croatian_girl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 02:35:07 AM »

So when a homo dances around in the street with a pink thong, is that also regarding his fellow man (no pun intended)?

dude. i live in nyc for last 7 years and I havent seen one gay man prancing around in a pink thong in my life. and i lived in chealsea and village. do you even know a gay person? I think watching too much Tyra Banks show got to you

We had a guy in my high school who used to come during the day dressed in a tight, short skirt and a tight shirt (sometimes women's tank-tops). I do know some other gay people besides him, but that's just one example. Also, I'm sure if you took a look at the nasty footage of the gay pride parades that take place in San Fransisco, and sadly, Jerusalem, you'd see more and worse than what I'm talking about. Calling these people, or anyone for that matter, fruitcakes is no hateful term; in fact, it is an understatement.

well maybe if you are lucky enough you will have a child that is gay, and you will supress it so much until it decides to kill him/herself so you could finally realize that love is love, no matter what form it comes in. and also look into transgender. there is a difference with people having sex identity disorder and just being gay + gay parades are meant to be for fun, just like halloween, where you have chicks asses falling out and whatnot.