Author Topic: The McDonald's incident  (Read 1565 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
The McDonald's incident
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »
What do you think of the case where an employee was sexually abused a couple years ago by the bf of a manager?  Apparently, a hoaxer called-in to the McDonald's and was giving orders to the manager, the manager complied and the employee felt powerless.  Then after the manager walked out of a room, her bf walked in, talked to the hoaxer on the phone and then started to sexually harass the employee. 

The employee is supposed to receive $6 million and the manager, who also sued McDonald's, is also going to receive a million.  I think it's ridiculous that the foolish manager would be awarded any money. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: The McDonald's incident
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:27:57 PM »
I saw something like this on 20/20 or one of those news magazine shows. It's astounding that the manager and the bf went along as much as they did. It just comes to show how far some people will go to obey authority, (or perceived authority). I didn't realize the manager was suing. I can't understand that. But I can definitely understand the victim suing and receiving damages from this. This was absolutely sickening and felt so bad for this poor girl.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »
I saw something like this on 20/20 or one of those news magazine shows. It's astounding that the manager and the bf went along as much as they did. It just comes to show how far some people will go to obey authority, (or perceived authority). I didn't realize the manager was suing. I can't understand that. But I can definitely understand the victim suing and receiving damages from this. This was absolutely sickening and felt so bad for this poor girl.

Could the victim have somehow escaped?  She still would have been able to sue for harassment. 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »
It was on 20/20.  I saw that too.  I heard about that story a couple of years ago.  I'm glad she got some money out of it.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 08:36:17 PM »

Could the victim have somehow escaped?  She still would have been able to sue for harassment. 

She was asked about that. First of all, she was extremely frightened and terrified and was probably paralyzed with fear. Secondly, she was naked. So she was stuck between continuing to be assaulted in that room and running out into the public naked. What a terrible choice to face, almost as bad as having to choose between jumping or being burnt alive.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »
Was she tied up?  How did she end up naked?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 09:52:25 PM »
They stripped searched her because they thought she stole something.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 12:10:08 AM »
Was she basically tied up or could she have walked out when they were starting to search her?