Author Topic: When Bush was governor of Texas  (Read 1238 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
When Bush was governor of Texas
« on: August 16, 2007, 02:12:15 AM »
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/govbush.html

"It's hard to believe as a Texan how small Israel is, I mean, we're used to huge spaces. I just got off the campaign where I spent nearly everyday in a King Air trying to get from one stop to the other. Had I gotten on that same King Air and I took off out of Jerusalem it would have been no time before I'd be in either Jordan or in Syria. It's a small country and it was important for our Israeli host to remind our delegation of how really small it was so I got on a helicopter one day and flew with the foreign minister Ariel Sharon to see first hand how small the population was between, what has been over the course of history, enemy lines and population centers. We went to the Golan Heights where I was able to hear a general brief us on what the war was like to take the Golan Heights and then how important the Golan Heights are to the security of the people living in northern Israel." 

So Sharon didn't take his own advice and gave away Gaza.  And now after generals say it was a disaster to give it away and it led to more terrorism against Israel, Olmert wants to give away the Golan Heights. 

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: When Bush was governor of Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 01:51:35 AM »
When he was governor of Texas, the death penalty was applied.  Now, he's trying to prevent it from being used against people who deserve it. 

raiseyourfist

Re: When Bush was governor of Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 01:55:44 AM »
In Australia we don't believe or exercise the death penalty

in some cases it should be used.. like that guy who killed over 30 people in the port Arthur massacre 10 years ago in Tazmania, also in violent rape cases..