Poll

Should male-female interdancing be banned?

Yes, completely.
7 (25.9%)
Yes, but only if it is with partners, not just circle dancing.
0 (0%)
Yes, but only at religious events.
4 (14.8%)
No.
16 (59.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should male-female interdancing be banned?  (Read 31922 times)

admin

Should male-female interdancing be banned?
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:02:54 PM »
Should it?

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Should male-female interdancing be banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »
Yes, we should only have fabuluuuulllooouussssexy male on male dancing!!! ??? ???
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:17:53 PM »
So you're in favor of banning the Waltz and any type of ballroom dancing?

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
I was just joking, but no, I have never seen religious dancing, except perhaps in some movies.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Eugene

• Junior JTFer
  • EUGENE
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:39:02 PM »
8-) shalom

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 09:44:34 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

I think it's Yacov-speak for ballroom dancing or any type of dancing that involved male to female contact.

I personally don't agree with banning this. But for anyone who is favor of strictly enforcing shomer negia traditions, then it's only logical that this follows.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 09:51:29 PM »
I mean, I'm not a big fan of the Mekhitza even in religious weddings...but it is what it is...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 09:57:14 PM »
A contact dance should only be performed by a man and his wife. Dancing with a daughter or son is acceptable, too. A man dancing with any other women doesn't make sense.

Jewish dances are traditional, so banning them would be going against Jewish culture. Our culture is very important, and must be perserved in a time where the implementation of external cultures is starting to occur.

Erica

Erica

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 09:59:11 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
Any dance where two people are dancing together. That is just crazy to me, by the way, to ban dancing with a partner. Its DANCING.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »
How about the show "So you think you can dance" that not only has "male-female interdancing", but also goes out of its way to encourage setting up interracial dancing couples. I guess that show needs to be banned as well :)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
Any dance where two people are dancing together. That is just crazy to me, by the way, to ban dancing with a partner. Its DANCING.

Crazy??? To that I reply by asking, what makes this banning poll different from all other banning polls?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

Crazy??? To that I reply by asking, what makes this banning poll different from all other banning polls?

:::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 10:11:28 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
You really have no understanding of morality or Jewish customs. Having contact with other women, besides one of your own family, is wrong. A husband or even an unmarried man should not be dancing with strange women. And if he's married he should only be dancing with his wife or daughter.

Erica

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 10:18:06 PM »
How about the show "So you think you can dance" that not only has "male-female interdancing", but also goes out of its way to encourage setting up interracial dancing couples. I guess that show needs to be banned as well :)
:::D

Erica

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
You really have no understanding of morality or Jewish customs. Having contact with other women, besides one of your own family, is wrong. A husband or even an unmarried man should not be dancing with strange women. And if he's married he should only be dancing with his wife or daughter.
Yacov was talking about anyone dancing with a person of the opposite sex, not just Jewish people. lol

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
Yacov was talking about anyone dancing with a person of the opposite sex, not just Jewish people. lol
That's what I'm talking about. Read what I write what a change. Oh, that's right, it's like Newman says, you always do things like this.

Erica

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 10:22:13 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
Yeah, he should go out onto the dance floor, do a John Travolta (Saturday Night Fever) dance all alone. LOL Lord KNOWS Dancing just gets people into a lot of trouble. lol Are you also saying though that a married man shouldn't dance with his sister in law either?

I KNOW I know nothing of Jewish tradition...I don't think Yacov was talking about Jewish people interdancing with eachother. He didn't specify.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 10:25:01 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

Yes, a man should only dance with his strange wife ;)

Erica

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?
That's what I'm talking about. Read what I write what a change. Oh, that's right, it's like Newman says, you always do things like this.
HE DIDN'T SPECIFY WHETHER HE WANTED TO BAN INTERDANCING BETWEEN JEWISH PEOPLE OR  NON-JEWISH PEOPLE.

I'm comfortable with my husband dancing with another woman if he so chooses. He's never asked to but if he did, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. I'm secure in our relationship like that.

Really, how prudish can you be if you want all interdancing banned just to satisfy how things are run in your religon? We're talking about banning clothing, banning holidays..what's next? Is someone going to propose a ban on smiling and being happy?

Erica

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

Priceless! :::D

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 10:34:42 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

Do you ever contribute anything meaningful? Why don't you and Erica go find a nice anti-semetic, liberal forum?

All you and Erica ever do is oppose the Jews of JTF. Why are you two hear if you're against this movement?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

Do you ever contribute anything meaningful? Why don't you and Erica go find a nice anti-semetic, liberal forum?

All you and Erica ever do is oppose the Jews of JTF. Why are you two hear if you're against this movement?

I'm not going to speak for Erica. But what gives you the idea I oppose the Jews of JTF? Nothing could be further from the truth. Just because I oppose some of the views of JTF posters (and also crack a joke here and there) doesn't make me opposed to the Jews of JTF. I'm a Jew of JTF. So perhaps you're also opposed to the Jews of JTF. You're engaging in some really absolutist thinking here, young Skywalker.

Erica

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 10:50:16 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

I don't appreciate being called anti-semetic, which, from what I've heard of it means one who has desdain for Jewish people. I DON'T HATE Jewish people, ANd I'm sure that Daniel dosen't either...he knows more about the Jewish religion than I do. You must be hateful though, right? If no one is hating around you, you crab, they MUST be against you or your religion (if not both). I can't help that you can't agree to disagree.

>>> ANd what IF one's wife is 'strange'..should he dance with her just to keep up appearances? This is both a serious question and a query made in jest.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 10:57:07 PM »
Should it?

What is interdancing?

I don't appreciate being called anti-semetic, which, from what I've heard of it means one who has desdain for Jewish people. I DON'T HATE Jewish people, ANd I'm sure that Daniel dosen't either...he knows more about the Jewish religion than I do. You must be hateful though, right? If no one is hating around you, you crab, they MUST be against you or your religion (if not both). I can't help that you can't agree to disagree.

>>> ANd what IF one's wife is 'strange'..should he dance with her just to keep up appearances? This is both a serious question and a query made in jest.

Thanks Erica. You're right, I'm not antisemitic. But according to some posters here. I must be a self-hating Jew. But I think that term is fallacious. If anything, I'm an "other"-hating Jew. And even the term hate, I object to. I don't hate myself and don't hate other Jews whom I happen to disagree with. I'm a self-loving Jew and an other-disagreeing Jew with those I happen to disagree with.