Poll

Should male-female interdancing be banned?

Yes, completely.
7 (25.9%)
Yes, but only if it is with partners, not just circle dancing.
0 (0%)
Yes, but only at religious events.
4 (14.8%)
No.
16 (59.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should male-female interdancing be banned?  (Read 32002 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Should male-female interdancing be banned?
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »
danny you arent making real sense. You are comparing Jews to africans, and any other group and saying were all equal? - this is the true thinking of western civilization, and not the word of G-d.
 G-d say I will bless those that Bless You (talking to the Jews, true descendents of Avraham), and not to any other nation for example. In your way of thinking please tell me why is a human any better then a gorilla? or a Monkey better then an apple? after all their all of G-ds creations. (truthfully yes in that sense we have to appreciate everything and everyone no matter what species or nation), but still their is no comparision between the role of a Jew compared to anything/anyone else in this material world.
 The truth is that, allmost nothin gor noone is really equal. Something are better then others, and some individuals are better then other. Sometimes one Jew is worth thousands of others.

Regardless of whatever religious beliefs we have, that still doesn't excuse us being abusive towards other people while expecting them to just welcome it and return the favor by treating us with respect or to be dismayed and shocked when they treat us the same way.

Who said about being abusive towards other people? No one suggested it, so dont put words in other peoples mouth.

No one suggested it? I see extreme racist language being spewed on here constantly. That's not suggesting it. That's directly engaging in it.

bring an example.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2007, 11:11:37 PM »
If males don't dance with females, what is the point of dancing at all?  Usually a group of guys doesn't feel the urge to dance together.  Many dances such as salsa would look very odd with just same sex couples.

discusting!!!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »
If males don't dance with females, what is the point of dancing at all?  Usually a group of guys doesn't feel the urge to dance together.  Many dances such as salsa would look very odd with just same sex couples.
Then those types of dance are not appropriate for a religious Jew to participate in. The issue is that males will be aroused. It is fine to dance with a spouse but otherwise it is not tolerated.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Erica

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2007, 05:17:23 AM »
stop being politically incorrect. G-d said in the Torah that they Jews are his chosen, special nation, and that He loves them the most from all the nations. Their is many times of mention of this. Will and does this cause anti-semitism? YES. But the facts are the facts. Also just becuase Jews are chosen doesnt make all the other nations scumm or filth, etc as anti-semites claim the Torah and Talmud teaches, but definitly just like theirs a difference between a Human and an Animal, their is a difference between an Israelite (Jew) who does G-d's will, compared to a non-Jew. This isn't a genetic superiority, but a spiritual superiority which means that in the spiritual outlook everything is appreciated but their are different levels.
 Mineral- Plant- Animal-Human- Jew who loves G-d. (and subdivisions within each category).

you know, tzvi, you remind me of this guy i met in Jerusalem this summer.. He corrected the way i was wearing the t'fillin..and then somehow, in regards to the shel-rosh of the t'fillin, he said it belonged in that spot because that's where the shekhina or something like that..or the soul was located...the prefrontal lobe..the area which allows us to judge and to keep ourselves from doing the wrong thing...and he also said that only Jews had this...

I said, "what about righteous gentiles"
and he said, "No only Jews have this in their brain."
and then I said, "well, what about evil Jews..." He didn't answer fully..
and i followed up, "what about converts to Judaism?"  he didn't answer...I walked away...

This isn't about political correctness. Gd is the ultimate Father of all nations.  Each nation is one of His children. We are the eldest...the Eldest child has a duty different from all other children...the first born to be the leader of showing light.  However, all of Gd's other children also have a stake...each to be chosen in something else...All equal..all of Gd's love..however, we are particularly important...Gd will never make us disappear Gd forbid.  Without us there woudl be chaos.

However, we are not higher than anyone or any nation.  We are not more righteous than any other nation. Quite simply, we are very very important for the world...and if anyone tries to mess with us, well, Gd will have His way with them..and if anyone blesses us, Gd will bless them.  And if we screw around as a nation, Gd will really really really screw us over big time, Gd forbid.

Therefore, in conclusion, we are a special people..but we aren't necessarily better nor superior in anyway.

In other words, all fruits are equal in taste...but when comparing Jews with Africans with Europeans with Asians with Inidians you are compariing apples with oranges with pears with watermelons, with strawberries...All unique fruits, but all equally healthy to eat.
Danny..wonderful post.

I am not a know-it-all on Judaism nor am I a theological major in studies of the Bible but there is one thing that I've always believed. While there is evil in every nation...sprinkled a little here, and sprinkled a lot there, those who aren't evil carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. Not only are they expected to represent the bad seeds but they're also expected to encourage good in other nations.

I happen to think that we are ALL God's Favorites simply because he created us, gave us our own minds to think with, and sent us out in the world and trusts that we will make the best of our lives. I am a newborn Christian (only 2 years old on November 4th of this year) but if I live to be better than I am now, I STILL won't amount to the greatness God is made of. And that's the truth.

We are all equal in the eyes of God. The Jews may be the first born son of God's Word, but like all parents, I don't believe he loves Jews more than he loves any of His other children.

Erica

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2007, 05:25:32 AM »
danny you arent making real sense. You are comparing Jews to africans, and any other group and saying were all equal? - this is the true thinking of western civilization, and not the word of G-d.
 G-d say I will bless those that Bless You (talking to the Jews, true descendents of Avraham), and not to any other nation for example. In your way of thinking please tell me why is a human any better then a gorilla? or a Monkey better then an apple? after all their all of G-ds creations. (truthfully yes in that sense we have to appreciate everything and everyone no matter what species or nation), but still their is no comparision between the role of a Jew compared to anything/anyone else in this material world.
 The truth is that, allmost nothin gor noone is really equal. Something are better then others, and some individuals are better then other. Sometimes one Jew is worth thousands of others.

Regardless of whatever religious beliefs we have, that still doesn't excuse us being abusive towards other people while expecting them to just welcome it and return the favor by treating us with respect or to be dismayed and shocked when they treat us the same way.

Who said about being abusive towards other people? No one suggested it, so dont put words in other peoples mouth.

No one suggested it? I see extreme racist language being spewed on here constantly. That's not suggesting it. That's directly engaging in it.

bring an example.
That response wasn't to me but I say that the proof is in the pudding... why don't you read the entire Affirmative Action Crisis forum. There are some truths in the threads there. Blacks who murder are evil... Blacks who murder THEN write books about it while free from persecution are evil...but look at the other miniscule subjects like ..."blacks on public transportation, how someone said that no black should be riding public transportation." Or my "KFC and watermelon" thread. There is racial tention all over the place in these forums. Even when some subjects belong in the AA forum, they slip into other forums just because race is on someone's mind here. lol