Poll

Should she moderate the Islam section?

Yes.
11 (42.3%)
Yes, I couldn't think of a better choice.
8 (30.8%)
No.
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should kellymaureen be made a moderator?  (Read 7251 times)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: Should kellymaureen be made a moderator?
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2007, 09:05:11 PM »
I think Kelly would be a fine moderator. Just as long as it's not for the reasons of having the guys on here being desperate to hold onto a hot babe and as long as her motivation isn't because of a grudge against Sarah.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 01:47:49 AM »
I have no intention of standing down just yet! And I have not been advertising for assistants either.

Yeah.  FTF is already moderator of the Islam section.
If they will work together they will gain much more better results, not to mantion both know pretty much about Islam .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

kellymaureen

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »
I havent been here nearly long enough, and right now hockey season for Adam has started, meaning 5am practices, at least 1 away game and 1 home game a week, juggling that all around work...so time is tight, i certainly wouldnt be able to give the needed time and attention to it.

As far as the islam section goes, Im sure I could hold my own, but debating a muslim is useless and not worth the time and energy.  ALL muslims, even the ones sawing your head off will tell you AND truly believe that islam is a "peaceful" religion, and though I can go koran quote for koran qote with them, there is no winning that debate, they will either keep telling you that you dont understand, youre "taking it out of context" or you need to read it in its "original arabic" to get the true meaning, or if all else fails and they get frustrated because you DO know too much, they call you an "islamophobe" and walk away.  

I agree with the person who said the reasoning for this offer was a little off, there are lots of people here would would do a great job, I hope that offers are made to them soon.

No one is being replaced, and this quote is from days ago....Ive already said no for various reasons, so nothing is "terrible" .

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2007, 10:20:47 AM »
Ze'ev knows an awful lot about Islam as well.

OZ77

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »
I don't know kelly, so my remark is strictly in general:

moderators should be assigned based on skills and the amount of contribution they make in the forums,
deleting or editing  messages, banning users - that's a lot of power to have on such a high volume community.

if you're going to elect a moderator, you should judge by those virtues and not by ratings
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:03:45 AM by Oz77 »

kellymaureen

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »
Shouldnt this be locked, its a non issue, Ive alread said no.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »
Shouldnt this be locked, its a non issue, Ive alread said no.

If the answer is no, then it is a non-issue. I am locking the thread and setting it as non-sticky.