11 (45.8%)
Ideology
3 (12.5%)
Something else (say what)
3 (12.5%)
I don't know
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Islam - Religion ?  (Read 13260 times)

ftf

Re: Islam - Religion ?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »
That post of yours, decimos, reminded me of something I saw on a different forum a while back:
Quote from: AmirN
Let’s compare, shall we:

Cigarettes--------------------------------------Islam

Kills you slowly--------------------------------Kills you slowly, or quickly
A “no no”--------------------------------------A big “no no”
Rots your lungs-------------------------------Rots your brain
Makes you feel cool---------------------------Gives you delusional feelings of grandeur
Adds to life enjoyment-----------------------Sucks the fun out of life
Forced into it by peer pressure--------------Forced into it by a sword-wielding murderer
Increases premiums for life insurance-----Cannot obtain life insurance
Promoted by false advertising---------------Promoted by false advertising
You smell like smoke-------------------------You smell like smoke (always burning flags)
Fire hazard-------------------------------------Fire hazard
Always needs more victims------------------Always needs more victims
Camel used for advertising------------------Camel used during advertising
Used as currency in jails---------------------Uses you as currency in jails
Causes cancer---------------------------------Is a cancer
No longer allowed on planes-----------------No longer allowed on planes

You be the judge.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 06:29:23 PM »
That post of yours, decimos, reminded me of something I saw on a different forum a while back:
Quote from: AmirN
Let’s compare, shall we:

Cigarettes--------------------------------------Islam

Kills you slowly--------------------------------Kills you slowly, or quickly
A “no no”--------------------------------------A big “no no”
Rots your lungs-------------------------------Rots your brain
Makes you feel cool---------------------------Gives you delusional feelings of grandeur
Adds to life enjoyment-----------------------Sucks the fun out of life
Forced into it by peer pressure--------------Forced into it by a sword-wielding murderer
Increases premiums for life insurance-----Cannot obtain life insurance
Promoted by false advertising---------------Promoted by false advertising
You smell like smoke-------------------------You smell like smoke (always burning flags)
Fire hazard-------------------------------------Fire hazard
Always needs more victims------------------Always needs more victims
Camel used for advertising------------------Camel used during advertising
Used as currency in jails---------------------Uses you as currency in jails
Causes cancer---------------------------------Is a cancer
No longer allowed on planes-----------------No longer allowed on planes

You be the judge.

That is sadly accurate, ftf

kellymaureen

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 12:24:20 AM »
I was just feeling very blasphemous tonight, in the mood for a moo-ham-head cartoon....yes the dreaded cartoons of blasphemy ;)

ftf

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 02:39:33 PM »
I was just feeling very blasphemous tonight, in the mood for a moo-ham-head cartoon....yes the dreaded cartoons of blasphemy ;)

Blasphemy means insulting God, there is nothing insulting to God in the post you have just made, as far as I can see anyway.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »
I voted something else.  I tried to think of what else threatens a person with death if they decide to leave and all I could come up with was the mafia.  So I believe that Islam is a form of organized crime.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 03:02:51 PM »
It's all above. :P
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

kellymaureen

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 03:21:33 PM »

Blasphemy means insulting G-d, there is nothing insulting to G-d in the post you have just made, as far as I can see anyway.

I meant it in a sarcastic way, remember the "cartoons of blasphemy" 

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 03:39:17 PM »
Thats sick.

I think those Cartoons were horrible. They  didn’t do any good.

kellymaureen

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 03:41:43 PM »
No what is sick are the ACTUAL beheading videos, this cartoon is FREE SPEECH, for which a dutch cartoon artist is now hiding from the 'religion of peace' after receiving death threats over a CARTOON, THAT is what is sick.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
Yeah the death threats are sick and so was the savage like response.

The cartoons were sick too, even if they were freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech, doesn't mean its something great.

I find it sick. You might not. It does not improve the situation of Islam, because it merely provokes worse things that are to be expected by the muslims. They didn’t argue any Islamic points of view either. They were pointless.

The beheading videos are not just sick but they are pure evil.

ftf

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »

I find it sick. You might not. It does not improve the situation of Islam, because it merely provokes worse things that are to be expected by the muslims. They didn’t argue any Islamic points of view either. They were pointless.

What about all of the islamic cartoons about the Jews?

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

It's very good question epecialy that this is from Sarah. ???

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »

Those are just as bad. They represent nothing more then stupidity and jealousy from all the countries that allow these cartoons to  be published.

Laughing and being entertained by hateful, spiteful, offensive cartoons.....for me, is twisted.

kellymaureen

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
I find it to be freedom of speech, there are many things I find distasteful, but I recognize the freedom to say or draw it over my distaste. This one however is called satire, I understand what the artist is trying to say here,  first of all daring to show mohammad, secondly showing him at his favorite past time, beheading, except with the tables turned, and there is now a man in fear for his life for a mere drawing.
Ive emailed administration, if they feel this is offensive they are welcome to remove it.

I have seen offensive cartoons about Jews and Christians, much more than this even, yet oddly enough I didnt see one Jew or one Christian burning embassies or rioting or killing.....
If all it takes to provoke muslims to murder is a cartoon, that speaks volumes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 04:28:46 PM by kellymaureen »

ftf

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 04:27:51 PM »

Those are just as bad. They represent nothing more then stupidity and jealousy from all the countries that allow these cartoons to  be published.

Laughing and being entertained by hateful, spiteful, offensive cartoons.....for me, is twisted.
I personally thought that the danish cartoonns simply ponted out the truth of the matter. And considering that nothing can be done about the sick cartoons that are printed in islamic countries: http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/ArabCartoons.htm I think that it represented an appropriate response.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
I find it to be freedom of speech, there are many things I find distasteful, but I recognize the freedom to say or draw it over my distaste. This one however is called satire, I understand what the artist is trying to say here,  first of all daring to show mohammad, secondly showing him at his favorite past time, beheading, except with the tables turned, and there is now a man in fear for his life for a mere drawing.
Ive emailed administration, if they feel this is offensive they are welcome to remove it.

I agree 100% with Kelly on this; I still don't undurstand, I refuse to understand Why we shud be sensitive towards them in first place; O0 epecialy after seeing this: :o   

Love your Enemy

kellymaureen

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »
I agree 100% with Kelly on this; I still don't undurstand, I refuse to understand Why we shud be sensitive towards them in first place;  epecialy after seeing this:     

Thanks ultra!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »
The cartoons were of Muhammed……..muslims live their lives by his teachings, they found it extremely offensive in this sense. There aren‘t cartoons  in the Islamic world which would show Jesus or Abraham -prophets which people follow- in a horrible way, since they believe in them as well.. Their response was like that of cave men savages.

Responding to insulting cartoons by muslim morons, with more insulting cartoons that would encourage even MORE foul cartoons about Jews and Christians to be published by even MORE muslim morons. Is this really that thoughtful ftf?

kellymaureen

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »
Cartoons such as this are important because it is not a secret that muslims are trying to make it "illegal" to insult their "prophet" (and no one but muslims accept him as such), some islamic countries even brought the issue up at the UN.  This is a slipery slope, we are already seeing evidence of this here, with that young man being charged with a "hate crime" for putting a koran in the toilet, it is not illegal to deface a book, as long as you own the book, if it were a bible there would have been no crime (as it should be with any religious book)  In the US freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion, we have no official religion here, nor does holland, yet muslims want "special treatment" for their sensitivities, it cant be allowed. 

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
No it shouldn't be allowed but it doesn't take a cartoon to do this, it should be from the courage and strength of governments themselves!

kellymaureen

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 08:09:45 PM »
Unfortuantly groups like cair are chipping away freedoms and looking to install sharia ....one of the goals is to silence any critisism or parody of islam, that is against our constitution, however they are finding ways around it.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 09:57:26 PM »
Unfortuantly groups like cair are chipping away freedoms and looking to install sharia ....one of the goals is to silence any critisism or parody of islam, that is against our constitution, however they are finding ways around it.
I agree with you 110% Kelly.  I thought that the cartoon was fabulous.  Perhaps you can find more to post?  I think these cartoons need to be plastered up all over the Western World to discourage Mooslims from immigrating.  Funny, I don't think they can do any harm since in all of those despotic toilets, called countries, which make up the Mooslim world have daily anti-Israel,Jew,Christian,West cartoons, movies, "news" articles and other propaganda which there is absolutely no voice of condemnation by the "tolerant" but silent Mooslims.

Funny, posting the cartoons which depict the realities of Islam is somehow "offensive"....imagine that?

Heritage Foundation video/audio archive:
http://www.heritage.org/Press/Events/archive.cfm

The Truth About Muhammed

Streaming video:
http://multimedia.heritage.org/content/wm/Allison-111406.wvx

Streaming audio:
http://multimedia.heritage.org/mp3/Allison-111406.m3u

Download MP3:
http://multimedia.heritage.org/mp3/Allison-111406.mp3
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:00:04 PM by MarZutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

kellymaureen

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 10:20:07 PM »
I agree with you 110% Kelly.  I thought that the cartoon was fabulous.  Perhaps you can find more to post?  I think these cartoons need to be plastered up all over the Western World to discourage Mooslims from immigrating.  Funny, I don't think they can do any harm since in all of those despotic toilets, called countries, which make up the Mooslim world have daily anti-Israel,Jew,Christian,West cartoons, movies, "news" articles and other propaganda which there is absolutely no voice of condemnation by the "tolerant" but silent Mooslims.

Funny, posting the cartoons which depict the realities of Islam is somehow "offensive"....imagine that?

Heritage Foundation video/audio archive:
http://www.heritage.org/Press/Events/archive.cfm

The Truth About Muhammed

Streaming video:
http://multimedia.heritage.org/content/wm/Allison-111406.wvx

Streaming audio:
http://multimedia.heritage.org/mp3/Allison-111406.m3u

Download MP3:
http://multimedia.heritage.org/mp3/Allison-111406.mp3

Yes its mindblowing....incinerating 3000 people in an office tower, not an issue, blowing up people on subways and busses, all fine, assorted rapes of children, cutting off hands, heads or whatever is handy...all good....BUT CARTOONS...oh the horror, oh the humanity....oh give me a break!

kellymaureen

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »

Oh my yes.....these ARE outrageous!

Pictures, because of pictures, muslims caused millions of dollars in damge to buildings, rioted, killed people, and just acted like general morons....and because of this behavior, WE are supposed to NOT print anymore cartoons.....heres a suggestion, dont want anymore cartoons, stop bombing crap if you want to continue to bomb, rape, riot, kill, and act like uncivilized animals, then the rest of us get to mock your spiritual leader ;)  cry us a river ^-^

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2007, 11:37:40 PM »
Good one crazy Kelly!