Author Topic: DeSantis pledges to actually do something about the border  (Read 597 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
DeSantis pledges to actually do something about the border
« on: June 03, 2023, 11:51:05 PM »
This was at the annual "Roast and Ride" in Iowa.  All the Republican candidates were there except Trump, who isn't comfortable around peasant types.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ron-desantis-on-the-u-s-border-will-shut-it-down-build-a-wall-end-mass-migration

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said during a campaign stop in Iowa over the weekend that as President of the United States, he will shut down the southern border.

DeSantis made the remarks during Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-IA) annual “Roast and Ride” event, where candidates get a chance to meet with voters who are very politically engaged and who participate in the state’s GOP presidential caucus.

All the major Republican presidential candidates attended the event except former President Donald Trump.

While speaking with voters, DeSantis addressed a variety of key issues that are important to Republican voters, including border security, the U.S. military, and wokeness.

“I’ve heard, as a Republican, talk about this southern border for years and years and years,” DeSantis said. “I will finally be the president to bring this issue to a conclusion. We will shut the border down.”

“We will build a border wall. We will end mass migration into this country,” DeSantis continued. “And we will hold the Mexican drug cartels accountable for the carnage they have unleashed on the American people.”

.@RonDeSantis at today's Roast and Ride does not mince words about what's needed at the southern border. He will be the one to get it done.

"I've heard, as a Republican, talk about the southern border for years and years and years. I will FINALLY be the president to bring this… pic.twitter.com/vW1ZSqDfHZ

— Bryan Griffin (@BryanDGriffin) June 3, 2023

DeSantis also addressed the issue of wokeness in the U.S. military, saying that if he becomes president, the military will go back to basics on his first day in office.

“I’m proud to have served in the United States Navy and done a tour in Iraq and the people I serve with were honorable, patriotic people,” DeSantis said. “For you veterans in the crowd, thank you for your service. I think all of us have a sense of pride and being able to wear the cloth of your country.”

“But we’ve seen the military become politicized in recent years. You see woke agenda being imposed on it,” he continued. “On day one as commander-in-chief, I rip it all out. We’re getting the military back to basics. We’re going to improve morale, and we’re going to get people to want to join the military again.”

DESANTIS on woke indoctrination in the military:

"On Day One as Commander in Chief, I RIP IT ALL OUT." pic.twitter.com/r74B2yrM7u

— DeSantis War Room 🐊 (@DeSantisWarRoom) June 3, 2023
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: DeSantis pledges to actually do something about the border
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 12:50:44 PM »
                                                                                                                                        :usa+israel:                                                                                                                          :fist:

He not only pledges this, but would
 actually do it by being far more effective
 than Trump or most anyone in making
 come to fruition the “solving” of the border
 issue!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 11:03:23 AM »
I hope he does more than what Trump did.  Which was very little.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 02:14:15 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                          :fist:

I believe he most definitely would
  and he ‘will.’