Poll

What do you think of the jews that don't want to be associated with the Israeli flag ?

Self Haters
12 (75%)
Don't mind them
2 (12.5%)
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: JEWS THAT DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ISRAEL  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
JEWS THAT DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ISRAEL
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:59:05 PM »
Just recently came across this facebook application called Heritage.

I found this in one of their topic discussions:

"We understand that some wish to have a way to represent Jewish heritage seperate from the flag of Israel.."

What do you think of the jews that don't want to be associated with the Israeli flag ? Self Haters?

I am a mix of hispanic & greek however I am proud to be represented by the flag of Israel.

Isn't she beautiful...

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:53:52 PM by Merkava »
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
Re: JEWS THAT DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ISRAEL
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »
Because Israel is a self-hating state at this point, I can understand where they are coming from.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 02:53:10 AM »
Okay ...not everyone agrees with some of Israel's policies. Neither do we otherwise we wouldn't be here. But trying to disassociate yourself from the Israeli flag while being Jewish is taking it too far. To me that flag symbolizes survival against all odds. Israel has contributed so much to the world in such a short span and its a model country for everyone else in many ways.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 03:41:25 AM »
Well, some of those people obviously want to disassociate themselves with the state of Israel.  They're not necessarily self-haters but they're definitely Israel-haters.

In all fairness, I don't think that all of the people who want a separate flag for the "Jewish" identity than the "Israeli" identity are doing it because they hate Israel.  They probably just think that it's not appropriate to have an Israeli flag to represent them as Jewish because they're not Israelis and they don't consider themselves as Israelis. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

raiseyourfist

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 03:51:43 AM »
I don't believe in calling anyone a self-hater... their are many jews out their who don't wish to live in Israel but defend jews in the diaspora with a passion...

I have told Chaim in the past this... IT IS NOT FEESIBLE FOR ALL JEWS TO LIVE IN ISRAEL..

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 04:00:15 AM »
I don't believe in calling anyone a self-hater... their are many jews out their who don't wish to live in Israel but defend jews in the diaspora with a passion...

I have told Chaim in the past this... IT IS NOT FEESIBLE FOR ALL JEWS TO LIVE IN ISRAEL..

Actually it is.  Israel could fit 8 million more Jews in it.  There's plenty of land in the desert.  It would also involve kicking out arabs from Judea, Samaria, Gaza, and Israel proper to make way for them. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Der Russe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 04:02:05 AM »

I think Israel needs policies similar to the German Lebensraum.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 04:06:17 AM »
Yeh i want that too but that wont happen unless Chaim or someone like Chaim in Israel gets into power....

Israel needs more land and should invade Jordan to get it..

I know plenty of Jews though who do support the jewish people but don't ever want to live in Israel.. they are not self haters nor are they Israel haters just cause they don't want to live there... they would be haters if they worked to destroy the country but people who just want nothing to do with it are not evil in that respect

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 04:06:22 AM »
Yes and Hitler was so smart and right?

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 04:16:51 AM »

No, Israel doesn't need policies similar to the German anything.  Israel needs to have its biblical heartlands restored. 

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:27 AM »

No, Israel doesn't need policies similar to the German anything.  Israel needs to have its biblical heartlands restored. 

I Agree Ze'ev! There's plenty of room for ALL Jews in the land of Israel... and once we Kick the Arabs out there will be more than plenty!

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »
Any jew that say's or even thinks that they don't want to be associated with Israel SHOULD BE SHOT FOR TREASON!  >:(

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »
I know plenty of Jews though who do support the Jewish people but don't ever want to live in Israel.. they are not self haters nor are they Israel haters just cause they don't want to live there.

I personally don't want to live in Israel at the moment. But I support her 200%.... I have my life here in the UK and yet the only flag in my room is that of Israel. And if Israel would find herself in a position similar to Yom Kippur I would volunteer for the IDF.

I also think some Jews feel ashamed of the way that Israel was portrayed in the 2nd War in Lebanon so they are trying to disassociate themselves from her. Luckily it had the complete opposite effect on me .... it turned me into a Zionist who no longer beleives in peace with the Muslims.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 01:43:55 PM »
I disagree with Jews who look down upon Jewish Nationalism.  Israel right now is not a nationalist state, and so I understand why genuinely decent Jews would be dissapointed.