Author Topic: The most famouse picture from 2006 Lebanon War  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
The most famouse picture from 2006 Lebanon War
« on: October 19, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
It's IDF officer marks V while a doctor holding his main artery (?), which saved his life:
http://www.rar.co.il/files/1192821977.jpg
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

kellymaureen

Re: The most famouse picture from 2006 Lebanon War
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 04:36:55 PM »
Thats a great picture, what a brave man!  I wonder how hes doing now?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:43:58 PM »
Thats a great picture, what a brave man!  I wonder how hes doing now?
He is alive..that's all I know...
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »
He is a hero
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »
Awesome pic !

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
He is alive..that's all I know...

Baruch HaShem

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 04:56:47 PM »
I think i saw that picture in one of the tribute videos on youtube

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 05:14:48 PM »
The Doctor is the one holding the artery? O.K. yes i see
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »
I think he is a very tough soldier. Israel can be proud of him. O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »
I remember seeing that guy on Israeli television a few weeks after this picture was taken.  He was totally fine, he fully recovered. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

kellymaureen

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »
Well thats great news!!

Ever see any of the faked pictures that came out, like the stuffed mickey mouse doll sitting on a pile of dusty rubble, without a mark on it...they even had one with a wedding dress on one of those stands dressmakers use, white dress, not a smudge on it, yet it was supposed to be in a building that was bombed, and the building was supposed to have fallen all around this white dress without leaving a mark lol...they came up with some good ones.  The most famous was the muslim reporter who added all that smoke with photoshop...any 12 yr old with a photoshop program could have done better.  Lots of fake pictures, but thankfully they arent smart enough to make them remotely realistic

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 04:23:18 AM »
I enjoyed the pictures of the youth from the Galilee inscribing 'love' messages to Nasrallah on Israeli shells. The libs absolutely went bonkers over it, calling Israel a fascist, war-mongering state.

If only the bolsheviks who run Israel supported their country as much as these kids did...

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 06:41:53 AM »
Why did the soldier make the V sign?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 06:48:15 AM »
V for Victory.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »
V for Victory.

Oh ok! ;D That makes a lot more sense, I thought the guy was making a rude gesture.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 08:01:34 AM »
V for Victory.

Oh ok! ;D That makes a lot more sense, I thought the guy was making a rude gesture.
I learned something new this morning. I never knew this sign was used for any sort of rude gesture but I see your very correct about that fact Sarah. It must be more a more popular thing in England. Here in the U.S it only means victory to my knowledge anyway.

V for Victory

The V-sign also stands for "Victory", and unlike the British "Get Stuffed!" sign, this meaning is understood and used around the world. Popularised by Winston Churchill during world war two, the idea came from a Belgian lawyer called Victor De Lavelaye.

The Churchillian gesture

Winston Churchill took up the Victory campaign enthusiastically, and made a V sign with his fingers whenever a camera was pointed at him, his palm facing in both directions. This dismayed his private secretary, John Colville. In September 1941, Colville wrote in his diary, ''The PM will give the V-sign with two fingers in spite of representations repeatedly made to him that this gesture has quite another significance.''

Churchill was eventually persuaded to use only the palm forwards gesture.

The Victory gesture can be made with palms facing in either direction, though the palm forwards sign is more common - perhaps due to the influence of Winston Churchill.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 08:07:43 AM »
I enjoyed the pictures of the youth from the Galilee inscribing 'love' messages to Nasrallah on Israeli shells. The libs absolutely went bonkers over it, calling Israel a fascist, war-mongering state.

LOL This is really cool  :D - I hope Naziralla gets one of these right between the buttcheeks. But you guys are forgetting that we lost the propaganda war. And its a war as important as the one on the battlefield. This only gives more fuel for anti-Israeli press.