JTF.ORG Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Tina Greco - Melbourne on February 07, 2008, 01:30:01 AM

Title: KKK's response to apology
Post by: Tina Greco - Melbourne on February 07, 2008, 01:30:01 AM
(http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5876925,00.jpg)

TOWNSVILLE police are investigating a Ku Klux Klan video that appeared on the internet featuring a burning cross and a white-hooded man making racist comments in response to the national "Sorry" motion.

Aboriginal activists, police, and race discrimination experts yesterday condemned the "vile" and "frightening" film posted six days ago on video-sharing website YouTube (warning: video contains very offensive language).

North Queensland Regional Crime Co-ordinator Det-Insp Warren Webber said officers would investigate the video. But he denied any significant KKK activity in Townsville.

"I don't think racism is confined to Townsville," Det-Insp Webber said.

"And I don't think there is any magic wand to eliminate racist behaviour."

The 30-year-old Townsville man who posted the footage, when contacted by The Courier-Mail yesterday, said Australian Aborigines did not deserve an apology.

"Why say sorry? If we did not come here they would still live in caves and be throwing spears. And they want us to say sorry for what?," he emailed.

Under the username of Bennypip, he posted the video on February 1 in response to the proposal by the Federal Government to say "sorry" next Wednesday.

He refused to accept the racist attack was wrong.

Local Federal MP Peter Lindsay urged federal police to "hunt down this person" and charge him with racial vilification.

"Australians just don't tolerate this kind of behaviour in our country. We won't put up with it," Mr Lindsay said.

He said he hoped there was no link to the large military community in the north Queensland city.

"Previously these sorts of things in Townsville have been associated with the Defence Force and I hope that is not happening again," he said.

Aboriginal activist Gracelyn Smallwood said Townsville was well-known as "the nation's KKK capital" and a "hotbed of racial discontent".

"We can't get too wound up, and hopefully all those people, both black and white, standing side-by-side prepared to say sorry will not be overshadowed by this sort of red-neck, bigoted behaviour," Ms Smallwood said.

Queensland Anti-Discrimination Commissioner Susan Booth said she was shocked by the footage.

"The KKK is the symbol of hate. I don't understand the appeal the KKK has for these sorts of people, but this is very serious," she said.
Title: Re: KKK's response to apology
Post by: Boeregeneraal on February 07, 2008, 02:42:25 AM
race discrimination experts

they have those  ??? ::) :::D
Title: Re: KKK's response to apology
Post by: newman on February 07, 2008, 03:19:45 AM
Why is it when someone makes a racist video or burns a kora (neither of which is illegal) we always hear that "the police are investigating"?

Why waste police resources when no crime is evident just to pacify minorities?
Title: Re: KKK's response to apology
Post by: Ultra Requete on February 07, 2008, 03:57:03 AM
The Anti-Discrimination Inquisition shud burn this heretic unless he's abo himself:

OTTAWA, Jan 14, 2008 (AFP) - A Saskatchewan court in western Canada upheld Monday a lower court ruling quashing the conviction of a North American Indian leader for hate crimes against Jews.

David Ahenakew, now 74, was convicted in 2005 of willfully promoting hatred for endorsing Adolf Hitler and telling a reporter in December 2002 that Jews bent on global domination were responsible for World War II.

He was fined 1,000 dollars (Canadian, US), but his conviction was overturned on appeal.

The Saskatchewan Court of Appeal said Monday that while Ahenakew's words were 'shocking, brutal and hurtful,' the trial judge failed to consider 'whether Mr. Ahenakew had the intent necessary for a finding of guilt.'

It is now up to prosecutors to decide whether to appeal the latest decision, hold a new trial or drop the case entirely.

Ahenakew's attorney Doug Christie told AFP by telephone from Victoria, British Columbia, his client 'is relieved and hopes he won't have to go through this again.'

Christie also praised the court for its 'very helpful explanation of the high degree of intention necessary to constitute a crime of words.'

Jewish group B'nai Brith called on the Crown to appeal the decision to the Supreme Court of Canada, saying in a statement, 'The matter cannot rest here.'

'We call on Canada's highest court to recognize clearly the hate-filled messaging of Ahenakew's remarks,' said Frank Dimant, executive vice president of B'nai Brith Canada.

In December 2002, following a 45-minute speech at a conference on native issues, Ahenakew told a reporter Jews are 'a disease.'

He added, 'Hitler came in ... and made damn sure that the Jews didn't take over Germany or Europe. That's why he fried six million of those guys.'

In his defense, Ahenakew said his spontaneous comments were part of a 'private conversation' and were not meant for publication.

Following his conviction, the former national chief of the Assembly of First Nations was stripped of his Order of Canada, becoming only the second person at the time to be divested of the nation's highest honor.

He was also booted from his senate job at the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations.

http://www.haaba.com/topic/native?q=node/75430

I understand he was not discusting "islamophobe"  like Mark Steyn only legitimate "anti zionist" ::)     
 
Title: Re: KKK's response to apology
Post by: Tina Greco - Melbourne on February 07, 2008, 04:04:14 AM
Why is it when someone makes a racist video or burns a kora (neither of which is illegal) we always hear that "the police are investigating"?

Why waste police resources when no crime is evident just to pacify minorities?

This guy is not a threat they are just being a painful the police. the chapter here in Australian is small, around 24 people lol. they are in Queenland, NSW and Victoria, which we have two people.