Author Topic: Holy Rollers (Movie)  (Read 444 times)

Offline Deer Man 420

• Full JTFer
Holy Rollers (Movie)
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:41:01 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1143896/
In Brooklyn, a youth from an Orthodox Jewish community is lured into becoming an Ecstasy dealer by his pal who has ties to an Israel drug cartel.

This is a pretty good movie with Jessie Eisenburg.  There is a good amount of yiddish and hebrew in this movie. I know its based on a true story. Some here in JTF might not like that it shows jews in a bad light , in the movie they say "Jews have been smugglers for thousands of years". What are your opinions on the movie.

:dance:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Holy Rollers (Movie)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1143896/
In Brooklyn, a youth from an Orthodox Jewish community is lured into becoming an Ecstasy dealer by his pal who has ties to an Israel drug cartel.

This is a pretty good movie with Jessie Eisenburg.  There is a good amount of yiddish and hebrew in this movie. I know its based on a true story. Some here in JTF might not like that it shows jews in a bad light , in the movie they say "Jews have been smugglers for thousands of years". What are your opinions on the movie.

:dance:

I don't watch movies, #1... #2 I don't like movies {even made by Jews} which portray Jews in a negative light...

My Opinion of this movie according to your description : FAIL!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GunsAndRosesFan

• Senior JTFer
  • "In God We Trust In Him We Must Believe" (Stryper)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:47:15 AM »
I detest american movies. Holywood is a bunch of leftist scum who should burn in hell
Islam is a a cancer that threatens humanity with its complete intolerance, infinite jelousy and virulent odium.
Death to the cult of Satan! Death to Islam!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
I honestly liked the movie.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
It seems a Jew image in Hollywood is always on of the following:

• A mumbling geek - a pitiful weakling
  • A mumbling leftist clown - a neurotic weakling
  • A cunning criminal - a neurotic scumbag

This movie is another example of this.

Jew is a favorite America's laughing stock! No wonder Israel tries its best to make itself a world laughing stock!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:10:32 PM by Manch »
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »
It seems a Jew image in Hollywood is always on of the following:

• A mumbling geek - a pitiful weakling
  • A mumbling leftist clown - a neurotic weakling
  • A cunning criminal - a neurotic scumbag

This movie is another example of this.

Jew is a favorite American laughing stock! No wonder Israel tries its best to make itself a world laughing stock of the world!

yes jewish people are never portrayed in a good light in anything. sometimes they are the good guy characters but they are always weak and neurotic in some way. the media also portrays christians as stupid ignorant people who only cling to god and guns while the non-religious people are always the ones who have to deal with them.