Author Topic: Video Study for Parshat Va'eira : The Strong Hand of Redemption  (Read 2323 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Video Study for Parshat Va'eira : The Strong Hand of Redemption
« on: January 15, 2015, 01:41:05 AM »
Shalom Readers,

Time to get down to some Torah study. I have been all busy thinking about my car issues and excited about the way things are shaping up. But my might does not come from my own doing, rather every thing with which I am blessed comes from Hashem, the Holy One who is the source of blessing. So I must learn more about him through the Torah which he gave us, and thus I strengthen the bond between the created and his Creator. Learn with me and use the wisdom to better your life and to see the blessing which is already there.

This week Moses talks with Hashem, our G-d, who commands him to go before Pharoah. Moses is informed of the L-rds plans of bringing Egypt to it's knees over the freeing of his Hebrew slaves. Hashem commands and Moses and Aaron do as they are commanded, bringing down the first seven of the ten plagues.

But Pharoahs heart was not moved by the demonstration of Hashems mastery over Heaven and Earth.

G‑d reveals Himself to Moses. Employing the “four expressions of redemption,” He promises to take out the Children of Israel from Egypt, deliver them from their enslavement, redeem them, and acquire them as His own chosen people at Mount Sinai; He will then bring them to the land He promised to the Patriarchs as their eternal heritage.

Moses and Aaron repeatedly come before Pharaoh to demand in the name of G‑d, “Let My people go, so that they may serve Me in the wilderness.” Pharaoh repeatedly refuses. Aaron’s staff turns into a snake and swallows the magic sticks of the Egyptian sorcerers. G‑d then sends a series of plagues upon the Egyptians.

The waters of the Nile turn to blood; swarms of frogs overrun the land; lice infest all men and beasts. Hordes of wild animals invade the cities; a pestilence kills the domestic animals; painful boils afflict the Egyptians. For the seventh plague, fire and ice combine to descend from the skies as a devastating hail. Still, “the heart of Pharaoh was hardened and he would not let the children of Israel go, as G‑d had said to Moses.”

I hope everyone reading is happy with hearing the latest from Rabbi Richman of the Temple Institute.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Video Study for Parshat Va'eira : The Strong Hand of Redemption
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:03:37 AM »
I haven't posted Rabbi Finman for a long time, he is still posting youparsha videos...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:07:55 AM »
It is late and I'm trying to keep them short. But there is a new Rabbi Katz video which I will post later...

Meanwhile here is Rabbi Odze with some good short insights on Vaera.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:19:43 AM »
Rabbi Chaim Miller's TorahInTen...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:33:45 AM »
Wow, Rabbi Katz has two new 1hr+ videos on the portion... I chose the one recorded 2 days ago (the other is 4 days ago)...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:15:12 AM »
Rabbi Trugman on this weeks portion.