Author Topic: Scenic Railways  (Read 1818 times)

admin

Scenic Railways
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »
I already had this as a schvartza story in The Affirmative Action People Crisis Section but since I wrote about my day also, I thought it would be better to be here.

Today I chased a bus while it was pulling out and it still hadn't left the terminal but already left the platform and the schvartza woman drive wouldn't let me on. I was going to be late for class already so I would have been half an hour later because I had to wait half an hour for the next bus but then my class was canceled so I went all the way on the one hour bus ride for nothing. So I just went on JTF in the computer lab and later on I walked along old train tracks and found out that they do work on trains there and that they have special recreation train rides on some weekends. I thought the line had been abandoned for about the last 25 years since the old line from Philadelphia was shortened because they didn't want to upgrade the line all the way to West Chester. I go to college in West Chester. I walked from the old West Chester University Station to the end. Last year I walked in the other direction. Then I saw The West Chester Municipal Building so it wasn't completely a waste to come to West Chester that day. I like to see seats of government and I eventually wanted to do the two things I did so I took advantage of being there to do them. 

So I want to go on the Fall Foliage train ride that is being offered by the private train fan company that took over part of the old tracks.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:17:32 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Scenic Railways
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:56:36 PM »
   You mentioned that Septa runs excursions. Do they have any diesel fleet? To my understanding they are all electric. I think they are the only railroad in the country that does not use a diesel fleet. The only problem with excursions is that they are limited to electric track(plus the cars don't have bathrooms). I wonder if they rent cars from other railroads for their excursions.
   Sometimes MARC will run day trips to Philadelphia.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?