Author Topic: The minute of silence law in Illinois schools  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
The minute of silence law in Illinois schools
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »
In illinois schools there has been a lot of controversy over the new law requiring a "minute of silence." Too many of my liberal Jewish friends have expressed their "outrage" and that such a law "violate church and state." When I asked if there might be better things to fight, they rebuked me saying "this is a major issue and we can't let this country turn Christian." First, pray to the Jewish G-d if you want, Second don't pray and just shut up for a full minute (I know its hard to keep quiet for a full minute but I'm sure you leftists can do it  :)). So what does everyone think about the law and the liberal complaints?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: The minute of silence law in Illinois schools
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 08:56:23 AM »
I'm liberal and have absolutely no problem with the moment of silence. This gives everyone an opportunity to pray in their own way or not pray at all if they so choose. I'd only have a problem if the prayer was formal and done out loud addressing one particular religion.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:20:47 AM »
Offering a minute of silence is not making people pray. People can use the time to reflect on their lives, to meditate or to pray to whatever God they want to. This is perfectly ok.

If they say let's pray to Jesus or something like that, then yea, it's unconstitutional but it's stupid to fight over.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 04:58:40 PM »
They have nothing better to fight against? What about the indoctrination of children into islam in public schools? What about fighting against the accomodations and concessions to muslim demands imposing islamic customs in the workplace and public schools?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:01:54 PM »
They have nothing better to fight against? What about the indoctrination of children into islam in public schools? What about fighting against the accomodations and concessions to muslim demands imposing islamic customs in the workplace and public schools?
you just don't get it ( ;)) this is a symbol for a bigger issue ( ;) ) namely the issue of Jew being mentally ill
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
Offering a minute of silence is not making people pray. People can use the time to reflect on their lives, to meditate or to pray to whatever G-d they want to. This is perfectly ok.

Yes ...I use that minute of silence to decide what I will have for lunch
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 05:39:57 PM »
I have no problem with it, there is no direction as to what you have to do with that minute, Ive never thought of it as religious, more as taking a moment out of our day to remember someone or something.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 05:43:04 PM »
Offering a minute of silence is not making people pray. People can use the time to reflect on their lives, to meditate or to pray to whatever G-d they want to. This is perfectly ok.

Yes ...I use that minute of silence to decide what I will have for lunch
What state are you in that you have a minute of silence?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »
I am from the Federated Peoples' Republic
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 05:50:52 PM »
you just don't get it ( ;)) this is a symbol for a bigger issue ( ;) ) namely the issue of Jew being mentally ill

Then they should be assessed by a psychiatrist and get treatment if required. Mental cases left untreated can be just as dangerous as letting an AA moron smoke while making dynamite sticks.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 05:52:29 PM »
This is more of the far left wing tactics to try by anymeans to remove any form of decent in th U.S.  These so called Atheists also do not see seperation between mosque and state.  It is a blaten double standard.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!