Author Topic: Article on the Benefits of Hunting  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Article on the Benefits of Hunting
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
First off, even though I am right wing, I am totally against hunting, as I think it's cruel to the animals.  And I don't think any Jew, whether they're liberal, right wing, Orthodox, or non-observant, is for hunting. 

So I was surprised to find this article on Frontpagemagazine about the value of hunting:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=8FB37CD5-5B9C-4CEA-91E9-AA05D6ACE58D

For the Jews and Noahides here, how would you answer those who say that an excess population of deer and elks causes a decrease in vegetation? 

Thanks.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Article on the Benefits of Hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
I know Jews that always hunt :-\
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:20:12 AM »
I can't justify hunting with facts or figures.

I just know that for millenia hunting was a valuable skill, be the prey whale, deer, buffalo, fish, turtles, or other animals.

Jews should know how to hunt and survive outdoors as a basic survival skill.

In times of crisis, hunting could very well mean the difference between having food or going hungry.

Should for any reason our food delivery and transport system break down, food would disappear from the grocery shelves literally overnight.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »

For the Jews and Noahides here, how would you answer those who say that an excess population of deer and elks causes a decrease in vegetation? 

Thanks.

Not only decreased vegetation, but water can be contaminated. You see, deer will die whether you hunt them or not. If you don't hunt them, they will over-populate, catch diseases and spread them to other deer and then die. When they die near water, their carcuses contaminate the soil and water. The animal rights activists in New Jersey managed to stop deer hunting for three years, claiming it was inhumane - the N.J reservoir got so contaminated that they had to get their water from New York and P.A for years!

There is a reason for every animal to be hunted, Lisa  :)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 11:45:26 AM »
Jews should know how to hunt and survive outdoors as a basic survival skill.

Catching food isn't as difficult as knowing what to do with it.

I don't hunt.  I love guns (I guess owning five assault rifles qualifies as loving guns ;-)  and I love shooting, but I've never hunted because I think it's cruel.  Same reason I only buy free-range meats (or Kosher meats).

If suddenly there was a major breakdown in civilization, I would have little trouble hunting...I'm a good shot and there is plenty of wildlife around here (ducks, birds, etc.)  In the woods, it's tougher because deer, elk, etc. are more at home - there are hunters who go out some years and never get anything.  But really, modern technology is a huge advantage to the human, and if it was a crisis situation and there were no game laws, finding something to kill would not be the hard part.

The hard part is knowing what to do with it.  Have you ever skinned a deer?  I know the theory, but I've never done it.  Do you know how to preserve the meat?  Otherwise you're going to have one or two nice meals (well...venison is not exactly nice) and then a lot of waste.

Same thing with fish.  Harder to catch if you don't know what you're doing, and again, how many of us have prepped a fish to eat?

I hope it never comes to that.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »
Let-be-land expells anyone who is proved to hunt just for pleasure. Now, an animal will lost its life whether it is hunted for pleasure or to get food. The problem with sportive hunting is that it awakens evil instinct in men. A sportive hunter may enjoy death and destruction, and it is a lack of respect towards life and Nature.
Noone can deny that humans have a tendency to enjoy seeing living beings' suffering. We must be aware and keep that evil tendency under control.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:59:34 PM »
I don't think Gentiles should go hunting either because it could be in violation of The Noahide Laws since it could be considered to be taking meat from a live animal.

But if there are Gentiles that do hunt, they should only do it for food.

Hunting is a necessity for the ecosystem. I only hunt what I eat.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 01:02:30 PM »
One of my friends hunts for pleasure he's Jewish i once went upstate with him he loves it,i don'nt
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »
One should not take pleasure in the killing of animals considering they've done us no harm. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
One of my friends hunts for pleasure he's Jewish i once went upstate with him he loves it,i don'nt

I enjoy hunting  O0

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 01:07:23 PM »
One should not take pleasure in the killing of animals considering they've done us no harm. 

Lisa, hunting is a necessity for the ecosystem. The challenge makes it fun..

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 02:03:45 PM »
I'm fine with hunting so long as you eat or sell what you kill and that it is not in an enclosed area.

Otherwise it is barbaric.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 02:07:53 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »

Then he's a self-hating Jew.

He's a very proud Jews was a Marine for 15 yrs always wore Jewish tags went to Israel for 3 yrs used a friends gun to go wild boarhunting in the galilee is right wing pro American pro Israel

Shot at 2010-01-03