Author Topic: Compare tough Aussie sailors to the gutless Brits.  (Read 1533 times)

newman

Compare tough Aussie sailors to the gutless Brits.
« on: December 01, 2007, 11:49:42 PM »
When British Sailors were captured by an iranian gunboat in the gulf recently, it highlighted just what a nutless bunch of fairies the Brits of today have become.

1/ There was a British destroyer within range that could have blown the iranians out of the water, but had to get inviloved in long-winded discussions with London about the situation. Nothing was done!!

2/ The Brits immediately rolled over and made propaganda tapes 'admitting' to entering iranin waters .

3/ The female Brit wore a hijab!!!

4/ One of the Brits wished the iranian president "success"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DISGUSTING, SPINELESS COWARDS!!!!!!!

Nelson & Cook must be spinning in their graves!

Compare that sorry episode with what happened when the iranians met an Aussie Navy boarding party earlier:

Aussies repelled five gunboats:

The Australian Defence Force says up to five Iranian gunboats tried to capture Australian sailors in the Persian Gulf in December 2004.
A defence spokesman told reporters the four-hour confrontation occurred after Australian navy personnel boarded a grounded cargo ship in the gulf.
Commodore Steve Gilmore said the incident began when Australian soldiers were leaving the cargo vessel, which was located near the Iraq-Iran maritime border.
He said an Iranian Revolutionary Guard gunboat moved close by and its armed personnel made "very overt gestures''.
The boarding party commander ordered the Australians to reboard the cargo ship.
"He got his boarding party back on to the ship and established a very credible and appropriate defensive position,'' Commodore Gilmore told reporters in Canberra.
The BBC reported earlier today that Iranian naval forces tried to capture the boarding team, but were repelled in the face of machine guns and "highly colourful language".
Quoting a "military source", BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner reported Iranian forces made a concerted attempt to seize a boarding party from the Royal Australian Navy and that the Australians "were having none of it".
"The BBC has been told the Australians re-boarded the vessel they had just searched," Gardner reports, "aimed their machine guns at the approaching Iranians, and warned them to back off, using what was said to be 'highly colourful language'.
"The Iranians withdrew, and the Australians were reportedly lifted off the ship by one of their own helicopters."
Speaking to the ABC today, Gardner said the Australian encounter was similar to that in which 15 Britons were captured in march of this year.
"What I've been told by several sources, military sources, [is that] there was a similar encounter, in this case between the Royal Australian Navy and Iranian gunboats, some months ago, or at least some months prior to the seizing of the British sailors,'' Gardner told ABC Radio.
"The Australians escaped capture by climbing back on board the ship they'd just searched. I'm told that they set up their weapons.
"No shots were exchanged but the Iranians backed off and the Australians were able to get helicoptered off that ship and they didn't get captured.''
He did not mention the name of the Australian ship. Australian ships rotate through duties in the Gulf, chiefly searching ships.
"What I'm hearing is that it was a pretty robust attitude by the Australians,'' Gardner told the ABC.
"The words that somebody said to me was that they used pretty colourful language but I'm sure that alone didn't make the Iranians back off.
"They reacted, I'm told, incredibly quickly, whereas the Brits were caught at their most vulnerable moment, climbing down off the ship [and] getting into their boats.''
Gardner said the British should be embarrassed about the incident but the issue was whether military intelligence had been passed on.
"The point of this story is not that the Aussies were fantastically brave and the Brits were a bunch of cowards, although I'm sure some people will interpret [it that way],'' he said.
"Lessons should have been drawn from what happened to the Australian crew.''

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/aussies-repel-iranian-gunboat/2007/06/22/1182019309654.html

Kiwi

Re: Compare tough Aussie sailors to the gutless Brits.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
Britain is not gutless and one of our military allies, without them many Australian soldiers would of been killed.
The Australian Defence Force says up to five Iranian gunboats tried to capture Australian sailors in the Persian Gulf in December 2004.

Its an old post and very much past, means nothing. Before that was made public the Brits had deal with those Gunships before as well, but is that meantion no, why because it doesn't make a good story.  ::)

I love how the media only reports what it wants too  8;)

Does it report the lack of food or medical supplys, equipment etc, no thats just too boring maybe.  :-\

newman

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 12:10:10 AM »
Britain is not gutless and one of our military allies, without them many Australian soldiers would of been killed.

Its an old post and very much past, means nothing. Before that was made public the Brits had deal with those Gunships before as well, but is that meantion no, why because it doesn't make a good story.  ::)

I love how the media only reports what it wants too  8;)

Does it report the lack of food or medical supplys, equipment etc, no thats just too boring maybe.  :-\

Facts are facts.

This shows what ethnic sensitivity training and rank political correctness in the armed forces does.

That boarding party had Royal Marines in it!.

The Brits have lost their scrotums

Britain is DEAD. Lower the colours now.

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 12:15:48 AM »
100% disagree the units I was attached too were tops.

newman

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 12:17:54 AM »
100% disagree the units I was attached too were tops.
The proof is in theatre, not the depot.

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 12:26:34 AM »
No, the proof is I am still alive  O0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:18:38 PM by The Infidel. »

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »
The Brit soldiers themselves I wouldn't think are gutless it is their leaders and commanders who have become so left wing and PC that they put their soldiers in danger. The same applies to Israel, the IDF would still be the toughest battle machine in the world were it not run by leftwing traitors and other scum that do nothing but send innocent Jews to die in order to protect the arab enemy.