Author Topic: Truss wins Nationals leadership  (Read 1806 times)

Kiwi

Truss wins Nationals leadership
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:23:39 AM »
Former trade minister Warren Truss has been elected as the new leader of the Nationals.

As expected, Mr Truss was the unanimous choice of the Nationals parliamentarians to replace Mark Vaile as leader.

Country Liberal Party (CLP) Senator from the Northern Territory, Nigel Scullion, will be his deputy.

In contrast to their Coalition partners, the new Nationals leadership team was elected unopposed.

Mr Truss says he is focused on being in Opposition for only one term.

"We now face real challenge of rebuilding the National Party," he said.

Mr Truss says he has already discussed the future of the Coalition with new Liberal Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson.

He says he will not be afraid to speak out on policy differences with the Liberal Party.

"More often than not we'll be in agreement on matters, that's been the tradition in the past, and it's likely to be so in the future - otherwise we simply couldn't be coalition partners," he said.

"But the parties are different. We have different backgrounds and we may have different attitudes to some issues."

Mr Truss says he will be giving younger parliamentarians more senior positions in an effort to promote renewal within the party.

When Mr Vaile decided not to stand for re-election as party leader, he said the need for generational change was one of the main reasons.

But Mr Truss says generational change is often hard to achieve.

"Sadly one of the things that happens when you lose an election is that your next generation of young talent is defeated at the ballot box, and that is regrettable," he said.

"Because we do need like all political organisations a renewal, refreshment and new young talent coming through the party."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/03/2107931.htm

newman

Re: Truss wins Nationals leadership
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 06:46:04 AM »
The Nat's have been useless. They'd grumble on a point of difference and then roll over and support a liberal bill against the wishes of their members. They've acted as a rubber stamp for the Liberals and NOT a seperate party. I doubt they'll change.

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 06:56:22 AM »
The Nat's have been useless. They'd grumble on a point of difference and then roll over and support a liberal bill against the wishes of their members. They've acted as a rubber stamp for the Liberals and NOT a seperate party. I doubt they'll change.

I have to agree they need to revamp, and try a come back. I am damn sick of them holding off in the back ground.

newman

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 08:57:35 AM »
They should have said 'NO' on Telstra and threatened to cross the floor because it was bad for rural Aussies. The Bushies might as well just vote Liberal.

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »
They just got over taken by the Libs. Well now is a great time to rebuild. The country needs the nationals back.

newman

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »
Yes but there'll be all the BS talk about 'unity'. Which mean the junior partner rolls over. They'll go the way of the Democrats. Why do you think Bob Katter got out? (I like him)

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »
I am a National Girl born and breed, can't you tell  8;)

I would hope that Pauline joins forces with the nationals, many that kept the old flame burning, they went over the Pauline.

Liberal and Labour need to be removed, and the return of good old fashion Aussie know how, back in leadership.

Lose the multicultural ideas,

Reintroduce the White Australia policy.

Limit Asian and ME numbers. Mass deporting is required.

We produce 90% of our own fuel/petrol an only buy 10% for overseas, so close our borders and say kiss our collective rears to the ME.

They need us far more that we need them.

Make Australia independent once more, not the lap dog it has become.

Keep our free trade agreements and defence treaties and bin the rest.

Europe is in a depression in many areas, the USA is up the duff, their dollar is becoming worthless. Why should we in the south be held accountable for the world banks screw ups.

We have great primary producers, and we have world wide knowledge with our development teams.

Remove the tall poppy syndrome from the ideas and minds of our people and rebuild our nation.

And stop selling it off.

We need to return to the grass roots of what made this country great, not sitting with fools as our leaders.

We need a return of Australian Culture, the Beef pie with sauce, the six pack of real beer, not a veggie wrap and minted green tea.

And return of our catch phrase If you don't love Australia then leave it!

Written and Spoken by My give a dam as broken Party

newman

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:21:53 PM »
The Nat's should bring Bob Katter Jr back in as leader and clean house.

They should make it clear to the lib that they 'll cross the floor on essential issues.

1/ Food production made a strategic asset. Aussie farmers protected from cheap imports.

2/ Water pipelines from the wet north to the dry south.

3/ Immigration limited to skilled, educated europeans with money in the bank.

4/ Foreign aid in the form of Aussie grown/produced food, medicine, medical equipment only. NOT money.

5/ Our fishing zones protected. Alien, illegal fishing vessles sunk on sight. Asians want fish, we'll sell 'em fish. Caught, frozen or canned by unionised Aussies paid a decent wage.

6/ Australia to have a merchant navy again. Rust bucket flag of convenience ships barred from our waters.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
The Nat's should bring Bob Katter Jr back in as leader and clean house.

They should make it clear to the lib that they 'll cross the floor on essential issues.

1/ Food production made a strategic asset. Aussie farmers protected from cheap imports.

Yes and removal of foreign owners ship of major food producers. And stopping Woolies and Cole's from buying up major supplies.

And making the work for the dole in the harvesting of our crops. Fruit pickers, and not letting the produce root in our soil or on our trees.

2/ Water pipelines from the wet north to the dry south.

Redirection of nature resources a must, some part of QLD went on stage 6.

We are a dry country and we need every available source of water. Use Money allocated for sporting events to pay for it.

3/ Immigration limited to skilled, educated Europeans with money in the bank.

And increase the age limit, current if you are  a white American male you need to be below 45 years old.
Many American choose to retire here and they have money, and thats what we need self funded retirees.

4/ Foreign aid in the form of Aussie grown/produced food, medicine, medical equipment only. NOT money.
No foreign aid at all unless its to an Allie.
5/ Our fishing zones protected. Alien, illegal fishing vessles sunk on sight. Asians want fish, we'll sell 'em fish. Caught, frozen or canned by unionised Aussies paid a decent wage.

6/ Australia to have a merchant navy again. Rust bucket flag of convenience ships barred from our waters.

I would lump that together  ^-^
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:44:07 PM by The Infidel. »

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »
Pauline Hanson should learn how to speak English before considering another career in politics. Her anti-Jew remarks (albeit in ignorance and not malice) a few years ago have also not escaped my attention.

newman

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 07:57:15 PM »
Pauline Hanson should learn how to speak English before considering another career in politics. Her anti-Jew remarks (albeit in ignorance and not malice) a few years ago have also not escaped my attention.
She was having her strings pulled by Herr David Von Oldfield (former Tony Abbott staffer) at the time.