Author Topic: Microphone for computer  (Read 981 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Microphone for computer
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
I was thinking for the dating section trying to do an askDr.Dan show for the lighter side of JTF...See what it feels like to do what Chaim does every week.

But I need help if i'm giogn to do this. Any suggestions about microphones?  And what software is needed? And how do I upload this for all to listen?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Microphone for computer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:31 PM »
For you, just buy a cheap one from radio shack made for computers and plug it into the microphone input on your computer.  Download the free program audiograbber to record to a wav file.  In audiograbber click file-line in and then record when you are ready.  Double Click on the volume control icon in your taskbar in windows then go to  options-properties then click on recording and check off everything and hit OK.  Then select the microphone volume meter and adjust the levels.

However, if you want the recording to sound professional than you need to spend at least $150 on a compressor, mic preamp and decent microphone. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:51:11 PM »
thanks guys...For the tiem being, I'll answer questions via typing until i get a cheap microphone..I want to jsut see if this is somethign i'll have time doing on a weekly basis..i dont' want to let anybody down...imagine if there was a week or two at a time without chaim answer our questions...

But i think doing this at least one time should be interesting..so it's a brainstorm. and i think it is another nice way to contribute to the forum.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:58:46 PM »
My mics on my headset and that was only 10 bucks, works well. I use it a lot.  :)