Poll

Do Murderers have the right to have children?

Yes
1 (12.5%)
No
7 (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Murderer wins right to be father  (Read 1497 times)

Kiwi

Murderer wins right to be father
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »
In this news link a murderer has won the right to father a child. I am dead against even the thought of this monster producing little monsters.  >:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/humber/7128145.stm

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Re: Murderer wins right to be father
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »
I am dead against even the thought of this monster producing little monsters.  >:(

I don't think that's a fair statement. His children may be very good people.

That isn't the point. The issue is murderers should be treated like the beasts they are. They should not have the joy of having children.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »
it depends by what you mean by murderer...Look at Yigal Amir..Is he a murderer that deserves to have children? I think so...But Charles Manson or some evil beast? No...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:18 PM »
it depends by what you mean by murderer...Look at Yigal Amir..Is he a murderer that deserves to have children? I think so...But Charles Manson or some evil beast? No...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
actually now that i think about it..i retract what i said...for those beasts, they can procreate, but cannot keep the kids..have to give it up for adoption.

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 09:23:42 PM »
Murder is an unlawful act. I can't see how anyone can support breaking the law.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »
actually now that i think about it..i retract what i said...for those beasts, they can procreate, but cannot keep the kids..have to give it up for adoption.
This, I agree with.  It is a mitzvah to have children...

Yigal Amir is not a murderer...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »
This, I agree with.  It is a mitzvah to have children...

Yigal Amir is not a murderer...

To us he isn't..but to others he is...So if we were to lay down the law that murderers could not have kids, then what if, Gd forbid, the other side ruled and forbade a hero that they considered a murderer to not be allowed to have kids?  If you notice, Torah rules take these things into consideration and it's fascinating how the Rabbis back in the day think.

So I will go with that murderers should be allowed to make kids, but should not be allowed to keep them and have to give them away for adoption...