Author Topic: NY Gov. Spitzer approval falls to record low: poll  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
NY Gov. Spitzer approval falls to record low: poll
« on: December 10, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »
Only 27% of voters say Gov. Eliot Spitzer is doing a good or excellent job and a majority of New York state voters said they wouldn’t vote to re-elect him in 2010.
Eliot Spitzer’s approval rating sank to its lowest level ever as a majority of New York state voters said they wouldn’t vote to re-elect him in 2010, according to a Siena Research Institute poll released Monday.

The governor’s reputation has a long road to recovery: only 27% of voters say he is doing a good or excellent job. His favorability rating has dropped to 36% -- down from 41% in November and at its lowest level ever in a Siena poll.

The bad marks come less than a month after Mr. Spitzer abandoned a controversial plan to give drivers’ licenses to immigrants. The governor had touted the contentious proposal as a means of improving road safety and bringing immigrants “out of the shadows.”

He sought to regain favor with voters by recommending that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority not increase the $2 base subway and bus fare until at least 2009.

The MTA agreed with the recommendation but early Monday, the agency said it would raise the cost of monthly and weekly passes, long Island and Metro-North railroad tickets and bridge and tunnel tolls by an average of 4%.

When asked about the 2010 election, 56% of voters said they would prefer “someone else” rather then re-elect Mr. Spitzer.

“Voters are continuing to lose faith in their Governor,” said Steven Greenberg, Siena New York Poll spokesman. “He’s dug himself a deep hole and so far has not been able to find a ladder.”

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: NY Gov. Spitzer approval falls to record low: poll
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:47:24 AM »
One problem, even if NYers demand a recall they probably going to replace this troll with another troll.  NY State for some reason always vote for garbage.  We have Schumer and Hillary as the Senators of the state.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:14:03 AM »
One problem, even if NYers demand a recall they probably going to replace this troll with another troll.  NY State for some reason always vote for garbage.  We have Schumer and Hillary as the Senators of the state.

I contacted Albany about recalling Spitz-on-me, NY State Constitution does not recognize recalling of governor.  >:(

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:18 AM »

Well, it's true I've been to NY and most seem to just vote for trolls anyways. Schumer and Hillary are two examples of evilness which people support? :D :o

newman

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 11:07:14 AM »
Dumb NY liberals get dumb NY liberals.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »
And There's No Apparent End in Sight to this Cycle!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »
Dumb NY liberals get dumb NY liberals.

It's about as simple as that, newman.  ;) O0

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 12:00:52 PM »

I contacted Albany about recalling Spitz-on-me, NY State Constitution does not recognize recalling of governor.  >:(

Though with enough pressure maybe he will resign.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 04:44:27 AM »

It makes no sense why Hillary, a carpetbagger, was elected in 2000, over Rick Lazio. 

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 12:20:18 PM »

It makes no sense why Hillary, a carpetbagger, was elected in 2000, over Rick Lazio. 

it makes no sense to me either, a liberal is a liberal period.