Author Topic: Are upper class Jews ever going to defend themselfs from beat downs  (Read 2259 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12112007/news/regionalnews/suspect_busted_in_q_train_anti_semitic_b_322248.htm     

SUSPECT BUSTED IN Q TRAIN 'ANTI-SEMITIC' BEATDOWN
By PETER COX and ERIKA MARTINEZ

December 11, 2007 -- One of the straphangers busted in the Q train melee that cops said began with a simple Hanukkah greeting and ended with 10 arrests denied making anti-Semitic taunts and pointed out his mother's Jewish.

Joseph Jirovec, 19 - the son of a city firefighter who has pleaded guilty to an earlier bias crime against African-Americans - said he didn't even know the group he clashed with was Jewish.

"We are not racist against Jewish people. That whole hate crime thing is ridiculous," the Brooklyn man said.

Jirovec and nine of his pals were busted on Friday after a fight on the Q train with four Hanukkah celebrants.

Cops said the troubles began when one of the assailants made anti-Semitic remarks about the Jews killing Jesus.

"This is a Christian country," one of the attacker said during the beating, according to a police source.

No one has been charged with a bias crime, but the case is being handled by the Brooklyn District Attorney's Civil rights bureau, which handles hate crimes.

"The charges could be upgraded," said a source.

But Jirovec - who will begin serving a six-month sentence for his role in the 2005 bias attack against four black men in Gerritsen Beach- denied those claims.

"I'm trying to stay out of trouble," he said."I want to straighten out everything in my life. When I get out, I want to go into the military."

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:41:55 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Are upper class Jews ever going to defend themselfs from beat downs
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
Unfortunately, they never have, and it doesn't seem like they ever will. 

A few nights ago, I went to hear that Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis speak about Channukah.  She went on about how anti-semitism is increasing.  And all she said about it was that Jews have to become more religious.  Why don't any of these people every say anything about fighting back?!???

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
You know i was in the subway today in manhattan and saw a couple of annoying shvartzas making noise. I imagined they were thugs that wanted to rob everyone on the train and how i woudl stand up to them and encourage everyone else to gang up on them and beat them to a pulp.  And then to the tv crews make a declaration of, "No more Mr. Nice Guys! We start fighting evil tonight!"
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:35:47 PM »
"His mother's Jewish"? So, some woman who should have had her tubes tied some 20 years ago is responsible? She married somebody not Jewish, how Jewish can she possibly be?

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:35:37 PM »
its very rare that upper class Jews need defending. They live in the suburbs and stay out of "bad areas" as much as possible. They don't care enough about those Jews who are in the bad areas, they are just glad that they escaped that
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:36:51 AM »
Small sized moslem college student jumps in to help jews              http://www.nypost.com/seven/12122007/news/regionalnews/jews_subway_hero_a_muslim_381263.htm   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JEWS' SUBWAY HERO A MUSLIM
SAVES 'HANUKKAH' RIDERS FROM THUGS
By JENNIFER FERMINO, ERIKA MARTINEZ and PETER COX
 GOOD FAITH: Bruised new friends (from left): rescuer Hassan Askari, beating victim Walter Adler, and Adler's gal pal, Maria Parsheva, in Brooklyn yesterday.
 are you all demented? i have been traveling the subway system for 22 years. people try to test you on the train, they want to find the weakest link and you all give in. My response to "merry chritsmas" would have been "happy holidays" When...
posted by jessicaClick here to commentHanukkah Holy WarVictims of the Q train assault talk about the incident.
December 12, 2007 -- A Brooklyn man whose "Happy Hanukkah" greeting landed him in the hospital said he was saved from a gang of Jew-bashing goons aboard a packed Q train by a total stranger - a modest Muslim from Bangladesh.

Walter Adler was touched that Hassan Askari jumped to his aid while a group of thugs allegedly pummeled and taunted him and his three friends. So Adler has invited his new friend over to celebrate the Festival of Lights.

The two new pals - Adler, 23, with a broken nose and a fat lip, and Askari, 20, with two black eyes - broke bread together and laughed off the bruises the night after the fisticuffs.

"A random Muslim guy jumped in and helped a Jewish guy on Hanukkah - that's a miracle," said Adler, an honors student at Hunter College.

"He's basically a hero. Hassan jumped in to help us."

But Askari, who is studying to be an accountant, shrugged off the praise.

"I just did what I had to do," he recalled. "My parents raised me that way."

Ten people were arrested in the underground attack on Friday night - including two men who have been arrested for race crimes before.

None of the suspects had been charged with a hate crime in the Q train attack as of last night, but the Brooklyn DA's Civil Rights Bureau is handling the case.

It all began when Adler, his girlfriend, Maria Parsheva, and two other pals boarded the subway at Canal Street bound for Brooklyn and someone in another group wished them "Merry Christmas."

Adler and his pal Angelica Krischanovich responded: "Happy Hanukkah."

Apparently, those were fighting words.

"They just came at us so fast. The first thing that came into my mind was, 'Yeah, this is going to be violent,' " said Parsheva, 20.

One of the group immediately hiked up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo of Christ.

"He said, 'Happy Hanukkah, that's when the Jews killed Jesus,' " said Adler.

The group of about 14 men and women then allegedly began taunting Adler and his pals as "dirty Jews" and "Jew [censored]."

Amid a huge scrum, Askari jumped in.

"I'm bleeding all over the place, there's lots of people, they're fighting with Hassan still, and I'm like, why isn't anyone else doing anything?" Adler said.

He pulled the emergency brake right before entering the DeKalb Avenue station.

Police came aboard and arrested 10 people, charging six with assault and four with unlawful assembly.

One of those collared straphangers yesterday denied making anti-Semitic taunts and said his mother is Jewish.

Joseph Jirovec, 19 - the son of a city firefighter who is currently serving in Iraq - has pleaded guilty to a 2005 bias crime against blacks.

"We are not racist against Jewish people. That whole hate-crime thing is ridiculous," the Brooklyn man said.

He claims Adler's group was drunk and taunted his group, and one yelled, "We killed Jesus."

Jirovec will soon begin serving six months for his role in the attack against four men in Gerritsen Beach.

"I'm trying to stay out of trouble," he said. "When I get out, I want to go into the military."

Additional reporting by Sandra Hurley and Tatiana Deligiannakis

[email protected]

Small moslem college student that rescued Jewish students smiling     
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:43:41 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:12:09 AM »
more            

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2007/12/12/2007-12-12_hatecrime_talk_is_ridiculous_says_one_of-1.html

---=------------------------------------------------------------

Hate-crime talk is 'ridiculous,' says one of accused Chanukah Q train attackers
BY MELISSA GRACE, OREN YANIV, SCOTT SHIFREL and JONATHAN LEMIRE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:00 AM

Joseph Jirovec holds a gun on Kimberly Babajko in MySpace picture. Both are charged in vicious attack on Q train.

Babajko (l.) also wields a gun.
The group of thugs - including the son of a city firefighter - accused of savagely attacking straphangers celebrating Chanukah appears to revel in recklessness.

Photos from the suspects' Facebook and MySpace Web pages show the pals making a mockery of violence.

In one picture, Joseph Jirovec - who is to start six months in jail in January for a 2006 hate crime - is pointing a weapon at the head of his friend Kimberly Babajko.

In another, the 19-year-old Babajko is the one playing with the handgun, and in a third, she is shown provocatively posing in lingerie.

In a fourth, she looks almost like someone else as she poses demurely in what looks like a floor-length prom dress. In many photos, the group flashes gang signs or their middle fingers.

Jirovec, Babajko and most of the others were charged with assault. The gang could face hate crime charges stemming from the Friday night fight on the Qtrain, but Jirovec denied it was anti-Semitic, saying his mother is Jewish. "We didn't even know they were Jewish at the time," said Jirovec, 19, who took prosecutors' plea deal in September in exchange for admitting he assaulted two black men in Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn.

"The whole hate-crime talk is ridiculous," said Jirovec, who claimed two of the friends arrested with him are Jewish.

Ten people - eight men and two women - were arrested after the melee and charged with a slew of misdemeanors, including assault, menacing and inciting a riot. All were released without bail.

Cops are investigating the incident as a possible hate crime, though no bias charges have been filed.

The three friends who suffered multiple bruises and cuts allegedly at the hands of Jirovec and his group have no doubts the attack was religiously motivated.

"They said, 'You dirty Jews, you killed Jesus on Chanukah, you should all die,'" said Maria Parsheva, 23, a Baruch College student.

Parsheva said she and her boyfriend, Walter Adler, also 23, are half-Jewish and were celebrating Chanukah at a Manhattan bar with Angelica Krischanvich, 21, and Nick Rosenbaum.

They carried a menorah and dreidels as they boarded the Qtrain at Canal St. bound for Brooklyn, Parsheva said.

On the train, they said Jirovec, Babajko and their friends loudly yelled "Merry Christmas" - and became infuriated when Krischanvich responded, "Happy Chanukah."

"[One woman said,] 'You can't say that, we are Catholic,'" said Krischanvich, a Hunter College student who is not Jewish. "That's when two guys stood up and showed us their Jesus tattoos," she said. "They started yelling at us and telling us we have no savior."

(Page 2 of 2)

"I started to yell back when one of them spat in my face," Krischanvich said. "I didn't let it bother me, and I told him, 'Jesus turned the other cheek,' and that is when the fight started."

Parsheva said one of her attackers pulled a knife and smiled wickedly as he waved it near her face.

A good Samaritan tried to break up the fight and was injured. Adler yanked the train's emergency break, and cops made the arrests at the DeKalb Ave. station.

Though Jirovec was given just six months behind bars and five years' probation for pleading guilty to the 2005 felony assault, the plea deal says he could get up to seven years if arrested again.

"I've made mistakes," said Jirovec, whose father, Joseph Jirovec Sr., has been with the FDNY for nine years. "I want to turn my life around."

Another suspect, 19-year-old Zachery Rogalski, was charged in a 2005 attack on black youths in Marine Park. Babajko declined to comment. At her family's home, her brother also refused to speak to the Daily News.

Many civic leaders are worried that the number of hate crimes - and anti-Semitic incidents, in particular - are increasing throughout the city.

"The whole thing is sickening," Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D-Brooklyn) said. Hate crime complaints in the city had surged by 20% compared to a year ago by Nov. 30, the last day for which NYPD statistics were available.

[email protected]

With Peter Kadushin and Veronika Belenkaya
  Somethings Just seem like they don'nt mesh in this story :-\
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:15:58 AM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:50:48 AM »
That picture looks to me, like two bad actors who didn't pass their screen tests for the film "The Breakfast Club", standing next to The Devil.

That is quite a human interest story, but there's something about it that I just don't believe.

Not to mention that it's written like a love story, as opposed to being written like an actual crime log from the NY subways.

It just doesn't "feel" right, and those two "Jewish" kids look very well dressed and clean...no cuts, no bandages, no bruises, no stitches, no black eyes....no busted lips.....

They don't look like a gang of "anti-Semites" attacked them, and "Hassan" looks like Sal Mineo's road manager.

Maybe it's just me and I'm too cynical.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »
Well, there recently was a situation where a group of women beat up someone and it turns out that it was all acting and was filmed by someone who is a professional at video work. 

The clip was shown recently on the "O'Reilly Factor" and "Hannity & Colmes."

So I'm not sure if this is a similar situation--rather than the purpose being for a video though, that they want to make someone appear as a hero. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »
Jirovec is Croation name

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 09:28:25 AM »
The Hashmonaim were from the upper class
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »
But in those days upper class were different

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
But in those days upper class were different

Upper class meant different things in old days, yes.