Author Topic: Was the expulsion of Jewish families in Gaza justified?  (Read 9775 times)

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
Was the expulsion of Jewish families in Gaza justified?
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »
The Gaza Strip used to be called Philistia during the biblical times. The Torah called the inhabitants of this place "uncircumcised" among other things. They weren't Israelites. The Kingdom of Israel along with Judah were outside of Philistia. The inhabitants of Philistia and the Israelites fought against each other. There were no Jews there.

So what I'm trying to say is wasn't the Gaza evacuation justified just on these principles alone? Atleast to those Kahanists who want a theocracy in Israel? Since the Kingdom of Israel can't have the ancient Philistia land on its borders since it never had it in the first place.

Any thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:20:22 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »
Formely known as "1986"

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: Was the expulsion of Jewish families in Gaza justified?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »
Philistia was conquered by Malchut Beit David and the Pilishtim were wiped out by Hezkiyahu HaMelech so your argument holds no weight
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:31:08 AM »
Granted, but it doesn't change the fact that it never was in the Kingdom of Israel or Judah.

How is that even my argument? That is the argument for anyone who wants a theocracy in Israel. The Kingdom of Israel had parts of the Jordan in its borders, parts of Lebanon and Syria according to the bible. Philistia never was in its borders.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:48 AM »
First of all, I edited your evil, lying headline about the "evacuation of Jewish settlers". These thousands of Jewish families were forcibly EXPELLED from their G-d-given homeland, not "evacuated".

Second, since you know NOTHING about history or the Bible, let me give you a little education. The term "Philistines" comes from the Hebrew verb "polshim" פולשים which means "foreign invaders". And the lying term "P-alestinians" comes from the word "Philistines". So BOTH "Philistines" and "P-alestinians" mean "foreign invaders". In other words, these are people who have no right to be in the Land of Israel.

The Land of Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates belongs to the Jewish people because G-d gave it to His people as an "eternal inheritance". Those who dare oppose G-d's will on this matter will be cursed both in this world and the next.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:38:34 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »
the semitic root Pelesh (Hebrew: פלש‎) which means to divide, go through, to roll in, cover or invade
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:41:43 AM »
First of all, I edited your evil, lying headline about the "evacuation of Jewish settlers". These thousands of Jewish families were forcibly EXPELLED from their G-d-given homeland, not "evacuated".

Second, since you know NOTHING about history or the Bible, let me give you a little education. The term "Philistines" comes from the Hebrew verb "polshim" פולשים which means "foreign invaders". And the lying term "P-alestinians" comes from the word "Philistines". So BOTH "Philistines" and "P-alestinians" mean "foreign invaders".

The Land of Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates belongs to the Jewish people because G-d gave it to His people as an "eternal inheritance". Those who dare oppose G-d's will on this matter will be cursed both in this world and the next.
Incredible that you determine I know nothing about history or the bible just from my two posts in this thread. Nothing that I have said is false. The Philistines are not Arabs! That's true. The original Philistines came from Mycenaean Greece. But it doesn't change the fact that the ancient land of Philistia was not in the borders of the Kingdom of Israel or Judah.

Gaza is part of the tribal territory of Judah.
That's absolutely not true.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:43:58 AM »
What part of "from the Nile to the Euphrates" don't you understand? 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:52:56 AM »
In any event the philistines were not arabs they were Aegeans not the pigs that reside there now
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »
I don't know the Hallacha about the land. But it's obvious that if Israel never anexxed Gaza, it's foreign territory under international law. Can the Israeli Govt and army go to every country and place of the world and destreoy Jewish homes???? Suerely not!!!!!! Argentina is not EY, no doubt about it!!!! Can Israel come here and destroy Jewish homes in Buenos Aires?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »
I don't know the Hallacha about the land. But it's obvious that if Israel never anexxed Gaza, it's foreign territory under international law. Can the Israeli Govt and army go to every country and place of the world and destreoy Jewish homes???? Suerely not!!!!!! Argentina is not EY, no doubt about it!!!! Can Israel come here and destroy Jewish homes in Buenos Aires?

true

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
Those pigs that live in Gaza today, as Mord called them, have 65 countries to call their own.  And Israel won it fair and square in a defensive war.  So spare us your nonsense about how that land doesn't belong to the Jews. 

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »
Nonsesnse, we controlled Gaza and almost all the cities of the acient Phillistins in Maccabias' Kingdom time (all but Ashkelon, that was controled by Egypt), there were Jews in Gaza until 1917 when the Turks expelled all people who lived in it.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
Gaza is part of the tribal territory of Judah. The only thing though is that Shemitah doesn't apply there because the area wasn't re-sanctified by Ezra and Nehemiah. But Israel south of Be'er Sheva never had the same kedushah of the rest of The Land of Israel so if you justify the expulsion from Gaza, why not justify expelling Eilat too which has the Halachic status of Sinai. Southern Israel is The Greater Land of Israel and belongs to us because it is between The Nile and The Euphrates. Gaza on the otherhand belongs to us because it is in the tribal territory of Judah.

I think it was actually part of Dan's tribal territory.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 12:27:21 PM »
I would like to do some more skewering before I ban him/her/it. 

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »
Not everyone who don't agree with you or JTF should be banned because of his opinions, that's my opinion.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »
Those pigs that live in Gaza today, as Mord called them, have 65 countries to call their own.  And Israel won it fair and square in a defensive war.  So spare us your nonsense about how that land doesn't belong to the Jews. 

Both of you are getting off topic. This thread is really for the paticular group of Kahanists who want to establish a theocratic state in Israel. To have a that state it can't include the ancient land of Philistia since that land never was apart of the Kingdom of Israel or Judah.

In any event the philistines were not arabs they were Aegeans not the pigs that reside there now
As I stated before, the Philistines were from Mycenaean Greece. They weren't Arabs. I never claimed they were.

Are we ready to ban this Muslim Nazi troll yet?
Muslim Nazi troll? What? First of all I'm Catholic and far from a Nazi. How on earth could you have even thought I was either Muslim or Nazi just from my mere 4 posts in this thread? I have not said anything racist or even mentioned anything related to Islam. Let's have a proper debate here, (it was a proper debate before you jumped in) I am far from racist, muslim, or anti-semitic.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 12:34:08 PM »
Muslim Nazi troll? What? First of all I'm Catholic and far from a Nazi. How on earth could you have even thought I was either Muslim or Nazi just from my mere 4 posts in this thread? I have not said anything racist or even mentioned anything related to Islam. Let's have a proper debate here, (it was a proper debate before you jumped in) I am far from racist, muslim, or anti-semitic.
Oh yes, you're one of those Maronite "Catholics"... aha, one of those "Christians" whose priests dedicate entire sermons to Sheik Nasrallah and who, two summers ago, threw wild, drunken rallies in the streets of Beirut, with yellow- and green-spraypainted hair, for Hezbollah.  ::)

newman

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »

Are we ready to ban this Muslim Nazi troll yet?

You're a typical catholic Jew-hater. Now go and act like your german pope and watch a scheisser movie!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 12:42:23 PM »
Both of you are getting off topic. This thread is really for the paticular group of Kahanists who want to establish a theocratic state in Israel. To have a that state it can't include the ancient land of Philistia since that land never was apart of the Kingdom of Israel or Judah.
You ignored what I said.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »
Granted, but it doesn't change the fact that it never was in the Kingdom of Israel or Judah.

How is that even my argument? That is the argument for anyone who wants a theocracy in Israel. The Kingdom of Israel had parts of the Jordan in its borders, parts of Lebanon and Syria according to the bible. Philistia never was in its borders.

Well, perhaps I can sheld some current light in the situation.

First, what has been done has been done.
Second, the so-called PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis keep shooting rockets into Israeli territory and want to kill us all.
Third, ISrael has a right to defend herself and destroy her enemy as she pleases.
Fourth, if a Kahanist type govt were to come to power, believe me, they will really truly do what it takes to expel our war loving enemies and retake the land which will be used for better purposes.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:03:05 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 01:01:10 PM »
Gaza is part of the tribal territory of Judah. The only thing though is that Shemitah doesn't apply there because the area wasn't re-sanctified by Ezra and Nehemiah. But Israel south of Be'er Sheva never had the same kedushah of the rest of The Land of Israel so if you justify the expulsion from Gaza, why not justify expelling Eilat too which has the Halachic status of Sinai. Southern Israel is The Greater Land of Israel and belongs to us because it is between The Nile and The Euphrates. Gaza on the otherhand belongs to us because it is in the tribal territory of Judah.

I think it was actually part of Dan's tribal territory.

i think Dan was up north
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
Oh yes, you're one of those Maronite "Catholics"... aha, one of those "Christians" whose priests dedicate entire sermons to Sheik Nasrallah and who, two summers ago, threw wild, drunken rallies in the streets of Beirut, with yellow- and green-spraypainted hair, for Hezbollah.  ::)
No offense, but yet again you show your stupidity. How can you even come to the conclusion that I am a Maronite Catholic? I don't even come from the middle east. I am of a Dominican Catholic background.

Let me make my position clear. I do support Israel and I do support all settlers. I started this thread to ask the paticular group of Kahanists who would like to establish a theocracy in Israel about the Kingdom of Israel's true borders.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »
Your choice of words belies the filthy liar you are. "Settlers"? "Theocracy"? Gimme a break.  ::) Nobody believes you. No Kahanists would call Israeli citizens "settlers".
I predict you will be allowed to make three more posts, and then will be banned.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 09:30:05 PM »
Three more!! He should have been gone after the second post on this thread. Blow him out the door.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 09:56:25 PM »
No offense, but yet again you show your stupidity. How can you even come to the conclusion that I am a Maronite Catholic? I don't even come from the middle east. I am of a Dominican Catholic background.

Let me make my position clear. I do support Israel and I do support all settlers. I started this thread to ask the paticular group of Kahanists who would like to establish a theocracy in Israel about the Kingdom of Israel's true borders.

From my understanding the goal is to create a Sanhedrin (a group of 70 Rabbis experienced and wise beyond everything).  Chaim's goal is not to, over night, suddenly transform Israel into a relgious nation.  He is realistic that this action is impossible.  Rather, he wants to start with schools and encourage secular Israelis to return to Torah and Judaism. 

Judaism isn't just a religion. It is also an identity and culture of a group of people.  Our Torah is like the US Constitution.  These are the rules which we shoudl live by.  We are not meant to be secular people.  On the other hand, we are supposed to live the Jewish way of life.  being that so many of us, including me, are relatively less observant, the goal is to gradually reach the point of having a religious identity throughout our nation.