Author Topic: Happy Purim Katan!  (Read 6199 times)

admin

Happy Purim Katan!
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
BS"D

14 Adar Aleph, 5768.

The Staff of The JTF Forum wishes everyone a Happy Purim Katan! May all the present day Amalek be wiped out as well to mark this Purim Katan!

Since this is a leap year, there are two Adars. Since there are two Adars this year, we have two Purims! Tonight is Purim Katan, Little Purim. It is celebrated by omitting Tachanun from our prayers and by having an extra festive meal.

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:40:47 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Happy Purim Katan!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
 O0 
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »
I celebrated by going to synaogue, eating a roll and drinking wine with my dinner, and eating a hamantaschen for desert. I ate fish because fish is the constellation for the month of Adar. I made tilapia in the oven and I ate 2 pieces of certified kosher imitation crab meat (pollock) sushi with it. I also ate baked kippered salmon.

I also gave a half dollar for tzedakah at synagogue to represent the half shekel gift for The Temple that we give in Adar. It is a mitzvah to give the real one at Purim but I am giving it this year for both Rosh Chodesh Adars and both Purims. I also ate a chocolate coin leftover from Hanukkah to go with it at home. I also ate a round white fruit flavored candy to represent the current Full Moon for this month.

good for you. i cant wait until purim

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »
  O0 O0 O0

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 02:39:14 AM »
You too. O0

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 01:17:53 PM »
 O0.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
I celebrated by going to synaogue, eating a roll and drinking wine with my dinner, and eating a hamantaschen for desert. I ate fish because fish is the constellation for the month of Adar. I made tilapia in the oven and I ate 2 pieces of certified kosher imitation crab meat (pollock) sushi with it. I also ate baked kippered salmon.

I also gave a half dollar for tzedakah at synagogue to represent the half shekel gift for The Temple that we give in Adar. It is a mitzvah to give the real one at Purim but I am giving it this year for both Rosh Chodesh Adars and both Purims. I also ate a chocolate coin leftover from Hanukkah to go with it at home. I also ate a round white fruit flavored candy to represent the current Full Moon for this month.

Yaakov. That just sounds wonderful to me! What a great day you had!

Chag Sameach to everyone!
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »
I don't have any more half dollars left so I'm going to give one I had saved to the synagogue tzedekah box tomorrow morning since the portion of the half shekel will be read. I'll have to replace it with a new one from the bank. Then I'll eat a Hanukkah gelt when I get home.

I ate part of a hamantaschen tonight for Shushan Purim Katan. I'll eat the rest tomorrow morning after Shushan Purim Katan Shacharit.

Watch those carbs, Yacov.  Just kidding.  Hope you're having a great Holiday. O0

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
I wish more people would post about good deed (like tzedaka) that they have done.

It is truly an inspiration and when people see they are inspired to do more mitzvot and it goes on and on.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »
I wish more people would post about good deed (like tzedaka) that they have done.

It is truly an inspiration and when people see they are inspired to do more mitzvot and it goes on and on.

Yes, Lubab, but also maybe you shouldn't try to do it for the attention and keep it quiet?  I'm not talking about anyone here of course, but I don't like when many wealthy people do charity work more for the publicity rather than coming from the heart.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:32:54 PM by Ari »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
On the whole it's still better to announce charity, even though some people might do it for the wrong reasons.

The Rebbe called this kind of humility (not telling anyone about your charity) "false humility".

Because if you really cared about the cause you'd tell people what you did (humbly) to inspire others to help out too. :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:04:39 PM by lubab »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
Okay, makes sense. O0

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 10:36:44 PM »
I ate another white round candy for The Moon while I was viewing it and I said She'HaKol just like Chaim. I also bit a piece of it and held it up to The Moon so I put up the chunk of the candy left and held it against the part of The Moon still white and by doing that, I could see the brown part since the radiance of The Moon wasn't effecting my vision of it.

Yaakov.

Be sure to keep us posted of these exciting developments. :D

Seriously, that was very interesting.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »
For a Halachic discussion of eclipses, see http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=16990.0 .

Why are eclipses considered to be bad omens if we aren't supposed to believe in superstitions or horoscopes?
Because the fate of the Yidden is compared to the Moon.

A Freilichen (Shushan) Purim Koton everyone!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 11:20:21 PM »
For a Halachic discussion of eclipses, see http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=16990.0 .

Why are eclipses considered to be bad omens if we aren't supposed to believe in superstitions or horoscopes?

Then what about solar eclipses. Why can't you make a bracha on a solar eclipse?
We were actually talking about this in Shul today.  You shouldn't be looking at a solar eclipse in the first place, though...  ::)

Although if you saw it through the proper protection,  I suppose you could say Oseh Maiseh V'reishis over a solar eclipse...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »

Then what about solar eclipses. Why can't you make a bracha on a solar eclipse?
We were actually talking about this in Shul today.  You shouldn't be looking at a solar eclipse in the first place, though...  ::)

Although if you saw it through the proper protection,  I suppose you could say Oseh Maiseh V'reishis over a solar eclipse...

How did it come up in synagogue? Was the rabbi talking about tonight's eclipse?
After Maariv someone mentioned to me about there being a lunar eclipse that night, and he asked the Rabbi if you could say a Brocho over a Lunar eclipse, and the Rabbi told him what I told you - and then he asked about a solar eclipse...