Poll

Do you wish there was one?

Yes.
4 (50%)
No.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you wish there was a kosher Taco Bell in Israel?  (Read 4976 times)

admin

Do you wish there was a kosher Taco Bell in Israel?
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
I do.

In Israel, they have a kosher Kentucky Fried Chicken in the the mall in Jerusalem and next to it but separated due to the restriction of meat and dairy together is a kosher Pizza Hut. KFC and Pizza Hut are owned by the same company as Taco Bell. I know in The United States they have Taco Bells inside Pizza Huts and Taco Bells inside KFC. So I wish they would have one of those combinations in Israel.

I used to go to Taco Bell in The United States. After I started eating only kosher meat, I would still go there and get bean burritos but now I won't go there because they use refried beans and I'm afraid it has lard in it. I do get whole black bean burritos though at other Mexican restaurants such as Qdoba which is fast food but higher class than Taco Bell. And at Qdoba you can see them making it while you tell them what to put in it so you don't have to check inside to make sure there is no meat in it. I just get it with the beans and salsa.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:27:56 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Do you wish there was a kosher Taco Bell in Israel?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:02:33 PM »
I'm surprised they don't have one, since Taco Bell is owned by the same company as Pizza Hut and KFC.  I think they should. O0

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »
I prefer Israel to stop adopting American popular culture and the American "mindset"..."fast food", "shopping malls", tattoos, drugs, crime, homosexuality, competing for "best pop song" at Eurovision, etc. .

If Israel's appeal for both making aliyah and for keeping its youth inside Israel is little more than an offer to live in a miniature Middle Eastern "America Lite", then there really is no need for Jews to want to live there or remain there.

Unless a truly authentic Jewish cultural renaissance remakes the State of Israel, then it probably will not offer much more than a chance to retain all things American, along with less opportunities, less income, and higher taxes. (oh yes, and a chance to be always living under the threat of annihilation by Arab Muslims).

It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure this out, which is why so many Israelis are moving to New York City and Los Angeles.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 08:35:52 PM »
Taco bell, gotta love it, it comes out almost the instant you consume it. Good ol taco hell.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »
Re:  "...Part of my trips to Israel involve going to Burger King and KFC since I can't go to them in The United States and I used to like them before I ate kosher..."

Please don't misunderstand my intentions.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying fast food franchises nor is it wrong for them to be in Israel or elsewhere.

When I was in Israel long ago, there were no such establishments; nor were there any shopping malls, etc. .

There were many amenities with which to enjoy life, but there was far less accent on "catching up" with America & EU as regards using a foreign standard of living as the criterion for Israelis' having a positive self-image.

It was precisely the ability to experience life and living in such a unique way, that once made life in Israel so wonderful and unforgettable.

In contrast, many Americans I know who once experienced that life in Israel have recently returned from Israel, expressing to me their sadness and disappointment in discovering that Israeli life 2008 is almost no different than life in the U.S.A.

Some actually told me that they wished they had not seen what Israel has become today; sexual deviancy, drug use, tattoos, ultra-leftist "surrenderism" mentality, "post-Zionism", American style malls, and an over-reliance on America to protect them.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »
No!

Jewish food already does enough of a number on my intestinal tract...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »
NO, No more Multi National Corp control of anything!
There are Mom and Pop shops that can provide the same food or even better if there's a demand for it!