Author Topic: Question on downloading I tunes songs- appreciate any help  (Read 1320 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Question on downloading I tunes songs- appreciate any help
« on: April 06, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »
Question on downloading I tunes songs- appreciate any help.

I purchased  a bunch of songs from i tunes.  I have no problem dowloading them to the computer.  I'm trying to burn a cd with these I tunes songs so I can listen in the car.  But not all the songs I purchased are able to be put on CD, which is starting to bug me. (On certain songs I try to copy, a message pops up that says I dont have that format or something).  I have a new computer with the roxio disc creator, but it's not able to do the trick for all the songs from itunes.  I'm not a computer wiz, so I was just hoping that someone would know about an easy to use and  better song burner program I could buy from the store. Or if you know an easy way to get around this problem, please let me know. 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Question on downloading I tunes songs- appreciate any help
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »
Make sure you're downloading MP3s because other formats won't convert easily to CD format in CD burning programs.

This piece of software is much better than iTunes for downloading music. 

http://www.slsknet.org/          ;)    (it's free)

Try burning it with Nero, it converts automatically from MP3 to CD format while you're burning.
Here's a link to a free trial version of the software.

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero8-trial.php?NeroSID=7ef19bb371de4cb87ec50b88bd2f028e

PM me if you need any more help.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »
Generally speaking, music burned to a compact disc is in .wav format, and therein lies the problem of purchasing music in mp3 format and finding that your software can not first transcode them. (change the files to other formats)

The mp3 format is highly compressed, using a method of extracting from the music all of the sound frequencies which are either beyond the limits of human hearing, or are unnecessary.

The uncompressed .wav file is very large and contains the sound almost identical to the original source.

Solution:  A convenient system for transcoding.

There are several such programs available at little expense.

I can highly recommend dbPoweramp, which allows a tremendous range of transcoding, burning, copying, in a user friendly format.

here's a link: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

I have tried a good number of these type programs from others, but ended up staying with this one.

As for the Nero software suggested to you earlier, it is fantastic, and I strongly recommend it over the Roxio products by far.
However, if your burning software is currently adequate and all you need is to transcode then purchase the dbPoweramp music converter.
You can always purchase a Nero program on ebay for far less than the suggested retail prices offered.  Hope this helps.
Bear in mind that you will have to spend a little time reading and familiarizing yourself with how to use these programs (lots of reading just to learn how unbelievably simple they are to use).

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:03:56 PM »
i recommend paying $.89 a song from Amazon...they come in .mp3 format.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »
I download through limewire and never had a problem with them.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »
Soulseek is also a great file-sharing program that you guys should check out if you have the time.  I like it better than Limewire.  Like Massuh said, decoding MP3s into wav files for burning results in inferior sound quality, so a better long term solution is either getting an MP3  CD player for your car (that plays MP3s on CDs) or getting an auxiliary hookup directly into your stereo that you can plug your MP3 player into (best method).
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 08:39:28 PM »
The files you purchased are in a protected AAC format. Did you attempt to use the iTunes CD burner?

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 04:07:57 AM »
I download through limewire and never had a problem with them.

Same here