Author Topic: New Republic: Reverend Wright was a Muslim turned Christian  (Read 1371 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
New Republic: Reverend Wright was a Muslim turned Christian
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »
http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/12784.htm

Chameleon presidential candidate Barack Obama appears to have something else in common with his mentor and spiritual inspiration, Rev. Jeremiah Wright. A recently uncovered article from a credible source indicates that Wright, like Obama, was a Muslim before he Christianized. A previously unnoticed 2007 report from a senior editor in the New Republic indicates that Wright was a "former Muslim." The report indicates that Wright's background was a factor in persuading Obama to join his church and thus improve his "street cred."

But that credibility may be wearing thin for a broader swatch of the American public as the evidence accumulates that Obama, like his mentor Wright, have been working overtime to suppress and deny their Muslim roots: in Obama's case hereditary, in Wright's an ideological adoption that reflected his rejection of mainstream, middle class values reflected by normative Christian belief in the United States.

Before he came across Wright, Obama had failed to succeed in his political organizing efforts, wrote Ryan Lizza, The New Republic senior editor. It turned out that part of the problem was that the son of the communist was not really much of a churchgoer:

"From Wright and others, Obama learned that part of his problem as an organizer was that he was trying to build a confederation of churches but wasn?t showing up in the pews on Sunday. When pastors asked him the inevitable questions about his own spiritual life, Obama would duck them uncomfortably. A Reverend Philips put the problem to him squarely when he learned that Obama didn?t attend services. "It might help your mission if you had a church home," he told Obama. "It doesn't matter where, really. What you're asking from pastors requires us to set aside some of our more priestly concerns in favor of prophesy. That requires a good deal of faith on our part. It makes us want to know just where you're getting yours from."

"After many lectures like this, Obama decided to take a second look at Wright's church. Older pastors warned him that Trinity was for 'Buppies'?black urban professionals -- and didn't have enough street cred. But Wright was a former Muslim and black nationalist who had studied at Howard and Chicago, and Trinity's guiding principles -- what the church calls the 'Black Value System' -- included a 'Disavowal of the Pursuit of Middleclassness.'

The crosscurrents appealed to Obama. He came to believe that the church could not only compensate for the limitations of Alinsky-style organizing but could help answer the nagging identity problem he had come to Chicago to solve. 'It was a powerful program, this cultural community,' he wrote, 'one more pliant than simple nationalism, more sustaining than my own brand of organizing.'"

It is not clear what the source of Lizza's knowledge about Wright's religious affiliation is. But if true, the revelation provides a valuable missing piece in our still sketchy knowledge of the motivations and calculations of Obama in choosing, of all people, a man like Wright to be his pastor and mentor. And why he refuses to disavow him, despite his vicious anti-American and anti-Israel comments.

For if both men were Muslims trying to realize their political ambitions, then Wright's Church provided a valuable shelter from prying questions about both men's religious and political loyalties. It would serve to whitewash their shared Muslim past, a secret both men have every reason to conceal, now more than ever.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
Re: New Republic: Reverend Wright was a Muslim turned Christian
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »
Saw that too.... very interesting... very interesting indeed....  :P

So when are the mainstream going to pounce on it?
Or are they finished bashing the good Reverend? ???
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »
I KNEW IT!!!!  that tells you why he loves farakhan so much.

IM starting to think that all black minister is a closet Muslim.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 05:49:13 PM »
Certainly all those of "we be opressed" kind are.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm