Author Topic: How many active members would you say there are in the forum?  (Read 1280 times)

Sergio 11

Not enough unfortunately but probably in the region of 400...

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:47:51 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: How many active members would you say there are in the forum?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »
All I can say is not enough. We need a situation in which 10,000 members are logged in at the same time. That would be something.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:10:39 AM »
That would be a completely different type of message board. Ask JTF would have to be severely restricted, among other things, but I think in the long run it would be better to have a lot  more people.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
Not enough to become a mass movement, we need many more, but we will get their.  O0

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:45 AM »
We have 158 members with over 100 posts. Basically 10% of our members (we have over 1500 registered members) have taken time out of their lives to post at least 100 times on the forum. That shows a certain level of commitment that I hope can translate into financial contributions and time commitments on other parts of the web promoting JTF (be it by making new videos, posting links, or other activities).

Sergio 11

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 06:13:10 AM »
yeh i agree it depends on financial contributions...

we need millions to make any really meaningful impacts on a large scale and as Chaim has indicated we only make a small percentage of what we need...

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:25:15 AM »
Shure we need more members, but generally it goes in the right direction.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »
It's hard to say, I recognize almost everyone that posts in the forum, but it needs to grow faster.

Marketing a forum is a lot like marketing a product, you have to have a way to gain the attention of people and keep them interested. I think we need more diverse topics and subforums.

To give you an idea how we are making a softball forum popular, they went from 2000 unique visits to 60,000 unique visits in only a week. One of the things they are doing is airing free games on the site and their forum to get popularity, they are advertising that anyone who gets into 50 posts will qualify for a free autographed bat by a professional, their forum has grown to a couple thousand people already in a matter of a week.

This is just an idea but I am wondering if perhaps we can get something to spark peoples interests, we need to set up meetings, go to local synagogues and hand out flyers, perhaps try to get some airtime on public access tv or radio to advertise JTF's cause. If you can, try to get commercial space from donations on the radio as well or banners. Advertising on religious forums and buying advertising space will help as well.

There are many ways to get members, find niches. I can think of several.

Those who are against terrorism and Islam, you can target them, theres thousands of them on Paltalk, those are all potential members. Get them interested, an active forum keeps people interested, a dead forum does not.

Target people against illegal immigration, theres many sites that deal with this, save our state is a big one and minutemen, these guys have similar goals to us.

Target gun owners, guys this is why I recommended the gun/weapon subforum. Many gun owners may have similar views to us and I been targetting those on the gun forums and chat rooms. Unfortunately my success has varied since a lot of gun owners nowadays tend to lean towards libertarian viewpoints.

Target Jews who have been victims of persecution or anti-semitic attacks. Youth are the future of this movement, they are the roots and they will be the ones leading the future.

I hope my suggestions help.