Author Topic: Beitar is an evil left wing group Warning!! left wing  (Read 1145 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Beitar is an evil left wing group Warning!! left wing
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1212659713329&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

if you summarised in a few lines the point regarding the article , I think you couldn't justify the conclusion that beitar is an evil left wing group.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 11:20:28 PM »
What is beitar?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
What is beitar?

I don't know, I was also born yesterday.

by the way, what's google?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:29:14 PM »
Well, I clicked the link to the article and the entire first page does not mention the word Beitar once.

I have never heard of Beitar before, except in the context of Beitar Jerusalem the soccer team, whose fans have an alliance with JTF.   And I have heard of Betar as Menachem Begin's compromised old party, but does it even still exist?  Is this what is referred to?

Asking the person what Beitar is would make it so that I don't have to look it up myself.  Of course, we could just ditch the whole forum entirely and everyone could look up everything on their own and not ask any questions or converse with anyone else.  I guess that is also an option.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »
Well, I clicked the link to the article and the entire first page does not mention the word Beitar once.

I have never heard of Beitar before, except in the context of Beitar Jerusalem the soccer team, whose fans have an alliance with JTF.   And I have heard of Betar as Menachem Begin's compromised old party, but does it even still exist?  Is this what is referred to?

Asking the person what Beitar is would make it so that I don't have to look it up myself.  Of course, we could just ditch the whole forum entirely and everyone could look up everything on their own and not ask any questions or converse with anyone else.  I guess that is also an option.

The article does mention Beitar, it just spells it Betar.

All the article, which Mord stupidly didn't summarise, says, is that some guy that was formerly a Betar youth leader, is now teaching jews and p@lestinians karate.
So he thinks the whole beitar movement is bad..  Stupid Stupid.

Most people here post links and expect people to read the whole thing.. And they don't bother to summarise it.

Mord- IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO SUMMARISE IT THEN DON'T BOTHER TO POST IT. (many people do it, that doesn't mean you should too)

KahaneBT - It was clearly a stupid post that wasn't worth more than a line of response.. and I didn't intend to give it more than that. And the line I gave it was only a warning so other people don't waste their time reading it.  But you then stupidly went and read it. 

Beitar is a right wing zionist movement , many of its members go on to vote likud (or did anyway.. Now likud is less right wing, I am not sure where they go). I knew one former beitar leader that now lives on a hilltop.
Rabbi Kahane was involved in beitar when he was very young.

You obviously couldn't be bothered to check wikipedia,

Here
"
The Betar Movement (בית"ר, also spelled Beitar) is a Revisionist Zionist youth movement founded in 1923 in Riga, Latvia, by Ze'ev Jabotinsky. Betar members played important roles in the fight against the British during the Mandate, and in the creation of Israel. It has been traditionally linked to the original Herut and then Likud Israeli political parties.
"

still to KahaneBT
A forum is for discussion, not for people to ask ignorant questions whose answers are written in 1000 places on google. And then expect other people to write answers and repeat it all. This forum does not exist to parrot the ABC.
State new things, maybe.. or new analysis.  But not go over the basics that is all over google anyway.

I would rather not have to sit here detailing the layers of stupidity, in the vein hope that history won't repeat itself.

to Mord- IF YOU POST A LINK TO AN ARTICLE THEN WRITE IN 3 LINES WHAT THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT. OR ONE LINE IF ONE LINE DOES IT.  IF IT's NOT WORTH IT THEN THE LINK IS NOT WORTH IT.

Your subject was not one line about what it is about.  It is your daft conclusion.

I mean write what the article was about. Then perhaps, your conclusion, daft or not.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:51:28 PM by q_q_ »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:01:07 AM »
I clicked on Mord's link BEFORE you responded to it.  I was thrown off by the spelling of Beitar for some reason and thinking in current terms, not the old party from years ago.  I saw an article about karate and did a search for beitar on the first page and found nothing (it was spelled betar).   I am aware of what Betar is.  Although I still do not know if it is politically relevant at this point, still alive and kicking, or simply dissolved into other factions and entities.

From what I understand Betar prior to Begin was involved in fighting For the british Against the Nazis and one member was sent on a special mission to kill Hitler y"s but he was captured - if I'm remembering correctly.   I may be confusing this specifically with the Irgun which drew its members and leadership from Betar I think.

If you do not wish to comment, then don't.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:07:58 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »