Author Topic: Huckabee: "Please Don't Say Anything Bad About Obama!"  (Read 868 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Huckabee: "Please Don't Say Anything Bad About Obama!"
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:40:52 PM »
Huckabee Warns Against Vilifying Obama

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080618/pl_bloomberg/av1uvggn8jqo

Quote from: Yahoo News
Huckabee Says Demonizing Obama `Fatal Mistake' for Republicans
Stuart Biggs
Wed Jun 18, 3:57 AM ET

June 18 (Bloomberg) -- Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee warned members of his party that any attempt to undermine presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama by ``demonizing'' him would backfire.

``The Republicans will make a fundamental, if not fatal mistake, if they seek to win the election by demonizing Barrack Obama,'' Huckabee told reporters in Tokyo. ``Don't underestimate the extraordinary, substantive moment that Barack Obama's nomination represents in our country.''

Huckabee, 52, dropped out of the Republican nomination race on March 4, paving the way for presumptive nominee Arizona Senator John McCain. Huckabee is considered a potential choice for McCain's running mate.

``The truth is that the vice presidency seems to be a job nobody wants and nobody ever turns down,'' said Huckabee, who is visiting university campuses and meeting business groups in Japan. ``I'm not seeking it, and that's the truth.''

Huckabee said comments he made on NBC's ``Meet the Press'' program last month, in which he praised McCain, were misinterpreted as a desire to become vice president.

Whom McCain chooses for the position should depend on his strategy to defeat Obama, he said.

If McCain, 71, believes he should challenge Obama in states such as New York and New Jersey ``then I probably wouldn't be chosen for the ticket,'' Huckabee said. If McCain wants to strengthen his support in the South ``then frankly, if not me, a person with a similar background to me makes sense,'' he said.

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty, former Ohio congressman and Bush administration budget director Rob Portman, Utah Governor Jon Huntsman and onetime rival candidate Mitt Romney are all expected to be on McCain's list of potential vice presidents.

Neither Obama's race nor McCain's age will be a deciding factor in the election, he said. U.S. economic woes will be the top priority for voters in November, Huckabee said. A recent surge in gasoline prices is proof the U.S. should increase its energy independence.

``It's affecting the capacity of people to put food on their tables,'' he said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Stuart Biggs in Tokyo at [email protected] .
See what I told you all along, Chaim? This jerk is saying Obama-worship should be respected and tolerated. He is not a conservative and never will be. If he would have been elected he would have said "Jesus loves the Fakestinians".

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Huckabee: "Please Don't Say Anything Bad About Obama!"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:13:07 PM »
He still would have been better than McPain or Obama himself though. We had all bad choices this time around.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
Re: Huckabee: "Please Don't Say Anything Bad About Obama!"
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
Huckabee Says Demonizing Obama `Fatal Mistake' for Republicans

Zionist Revolutionary says supporting Huckabee would be a 'Fatal Mistake' for Conservatives.