Author Topic: The Man Who Predicted the Fall of the Soviet Union says that the U.S. is Next  (Read 1721 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
The power and influence of the United States is being overestimated, claims French historian and demographer Emmanuel Todd. "There will be no American Empire." "The world is too large and dynamic to be controlled by one power." According to Todd, whose 1976 book predicted the fall of the Soviet Union, there is no question: the decline of America the Superpower has already begun

You guys can find the interview here

http://www.dominionpaper.ca/features/2003/07/26/the_concei.html

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
Thank you for the heads up about this writer, Ashish.  I read the interviews and Todd does seem to be onto something important.  His central point is that America is in economic decline and is covering that up with military ventures that further drain it, both of cash and of standing in the world.  If America continues to slip in international relevance, that might explain some the hysterical approval for Obama's stance of getting along with every other nation as if they were as important as us, even those supposedly our enemies.  What's needed is to revitalize our economy.  McCain's making a first step towards that by reconsidering off shore drilling for oil.  But so much more needs to be done. 

As the economy softens, so does the moral fiber.  People have contempt for religious values, and approve of homosexuality, sex with children, even bestiality.  They want a soft life and avoid self reliance.  (Or maybe the contempt comes first.) 

Leftists like Fariah Zachariah have been saying similar things to Todd's thesis, but I've not paid them much attention because they seemed to be gloating over America's decline.  But Emmanuel Todd (he says he's got a Jewish grandfather) states that he likes America.  Plus, he used facts to make his points - for what they are worth.  And he accurately predicted Russia's decline.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
America will collapse if we continue on the road we are on at the moment

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
This something I felt for a long time now...

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
the next superpowers will be China and India

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
I have my misgivings about America's future, but I don't want to endorse defeatism.  It bothers me that in the review I read there was no mention of jihad and how for the last several decades the third world, a lot of it Muslim, has been fomenting hatred against US.  Agreeing with them and the leftists that we are evil imperialists and deserve to decline, that just hastens our not so inevitable decline.  Instead, Let's continue to fight back!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
I have my misgivings about America's future, but I don't want to endorse defeatism.  It bothers me that in the review I read there was no mention of jihad and how for the last several decades the third world, a lot of it Muslim, has been fomenting hatred against US.  Agreeing with them and the leftists that we are evil imperialists and deserve to decline, that just hastens our not so inevitable decline.  Instead, Let's continue to fight back!

With Barack Hussein Mohammed Obama running as PRES., we will start having riots- all over USA.. I believe that this will take place soon. When this does start happening, the Govt will call in the National Guard, if people try to go against the law at that point, we will see people die, that is Martial Law. I ALSO believe that the US Militia, will be protecting the streets all of the littls streets to blacks, etc..
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
It may be oddly satisfying to see the United States get its 'comeuppance' under the leadership of Obama and his ilk, but let's not be deceived:  Whatever cultural rot that may exist in the United States, Europe has the same rot and twice+ as bad.  And more specific to this site, for those that support Israel (presumably everybody on this site), then allow me to mention that NOBODY in Europe will come to Israel's aid in the event of another war in the Mideast.

In fact, one need not even point to latent antisemitism in Europe as a reason for Israel's tenuous position as America slips in power.  It's a matter of simple demographics, with Europe's suicidal rate of Muslim immigration.

You may be aware that there's been an explosion of immigrant-on-native rape in northern Europe in recent years.  If the descendants of the Vikings won't even defend their own wives and daughters, what makes you think that they would care about the fate of Israel?

I fear for the future of Western civilization, and I find the words of consolation in my copy of the scripture to be thin, if not sometimes outright galling.

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
With Barack Hussein Mohammed Obama running as PRES., we will start having riots- all over USA.. I believe that this will take place soon. When this does start happening, the Govt will call in the National Guard, if people try to go against the law at that point, we will see people die, that is Martial Law. I ALSO believe that the US Militia, will be protecting the streets all of the littls streets to blacks, etc..

Who will be the rioters?  I think the conservatives and whites who are defeated in the election will be too polite and law abiding to riot, for the most part.  However, I do think that black insolence and arrogance will increase a lot.  There will be an increase in race baiting, by blacks.  Their attitude will be that now that they are in power, it's pay back time.  Get Whitey, from black thugs. 

I'm especially afraid of what an Obama "White" House will open itself up to.  Jihadists have already said in videotapes that they want to make it a "Black" house. The whole moral complexion of our country, the shining light on the hill, will darken.  Think of the UN Security Council, headed by Libya, at home now with the Obamas.  If you're dark skinned, corrupt and power hungry, you'll have the thrill of a life time.  For a while.  Then the scene will get ugly for them too, as lawlessness catches up with them.

And that's the good scenario.  The worse one is that Obama's pandering to jihadists whets their appetite for immediate conquest.  They give up on the slow, soft jihad plan to take over America and nuke several cities. 

If I'm still living in NY, I get vaporized.  If I'm outside of NY, I have to watch civilization die a horrible death.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
I would LOVE for there to be a revolution... but it probably isnt gonna happen any time soon.   

There is a reason why there haven't been any revolutions in developed countries.  Because people are just too complacent... and are ignoring the huge trend of the moral decay of their country.